Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guy instantly considered the greatest wrestler in WWE right now.

Why?

I see people rating Lesnar as the best thing in the WWE right now. He's done what, 2 F5s, a low blow, a takedown, some punches and two promos, and he's the best thing right now?

Rocky was the same, but he was actually entertaining. I could see people rating him highly for his promos that he was doing, because some of them were actually decent.

Nostalgia can't be the only simple factor in this... can it?

It just really disappoints me.

Here are people, whining about Orton, Cena, Kane, Big Show, and other 'seasoned veterans' or long time main event superstars "burying" younger talent, instantly wetting their pants with not one, not two, but three different elements over someone coming back and doing the exact same thing.

TL;DR:

Someone big 5+ years ago returns, instantly the 'best' (or near it). Why?

Also mfw people down rep but don't post. Obvious fags 8*D

·
Banned
350 Posts

Why?

I see people rating Lesnar as the best thing in the WWE right now. He's done what, 2 F5s, a low blow, a takedown, some punches and two promos, and he's the best thing right now?

Rocky was the same, but he was actually entertaining. I could see people rating him highly for his promos that he was doing, because some of them were actually decent.

Here are people, whining about Orton, Cena, Kane, Big Show, and other 'seasoned veterans' or long time main event superstars "burying" younger talent, instantly wetting their pants with not one, not two, but three different elements over someone coming back and doing the exact same thing.

TL;DR:

Simple, because what Brock was before he left, there hasnt been any current superstar who has touched that level except punk maybe. Hes considered the best thing atm because people know he WILL deliver. People are use bored of watching characterless mediocore wrestlers like Dolph and Cody and Barett and Miz maineventing WWE shows. So obviously they are going to be excited when true superstars like Rock and Brock return to take the main event spot, it will just mean the main event will finally have some star power and guys like miz and wade and dolph and cody will be pushed back to midcard where they belond. Whats so hard to understand about this?

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,879 Posts
Because Brock is well established. Not only did he dominate in WWE, he dominated in the UFC as well. People know UFC to be real fighting, and he has done well there. Why wouldn't he be considered the best?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple, because what Brock was before he left, there hasnt been any current superstar who has touched that level except punk maybe. Hes considered the best thing atm because people know he WILL deliver. People are use bored of watching characterless mediocore wrestlers like Dolph and Cody and Barett and Miz maineventing WWE shows. So obviously they are going to be excited when true superstars like Rock and Brock return to take the main event spot, it will just mean the main event will finally have some star power and guys like miz and wade and dolph and cody will be pushed back to midcard where they belond. Whats so hard to understand about this?
You're really exaggerating what Brock did back in his original WWE run. Arrive, destroy, leave. Sure he was good back then but you can't act like he was the biggest thing that ever happened to the WWE. He wasn't near half as big as half the guys back then.

Also lol @ concept of bringing back old guys to main event rather than making new guys credible main eventers...

Because Brock is well established. Not only did he dominate in WWE, he dominated in the UFC as well. People know UFC to be real fighting, and he has done well there. Why wouldn't he be considered the best?
Yes, let's bring a guy who hasn't wrestled professionally for nearly 10 years and say he's one of the best wrestlers there are in the WWE today.
That's what I don't get, by the way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
barett rhodes and ziggler are not mediocore ziggler is the best seller of moves and puts people over like he did with ryder and barett would be mr money in the bank if he wouldnt have gotten hurt before mania and as for cody he can defently preform in the ring he jobs once to big show and now hes mediocore i remember how great of a match he had with orton a few manias ago or how he was good in the EC

·
Registered
159 Posts
plus rhodes and barett are the future not someguy who used to be good in the ufc four years ago lesnar isnt the same physically anymore he is not as scary as he was in 02-04

·
Registered
581 Posts
He hardly dominated UFC - he lost over a third of his fights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
plus rhodes and barett are the future not someguy who used to be good in the ufc four years ago lesnar isnt the same physically anymore he is not as scary as he was in 02-04
Its hard to tell what you're trying to say because you used no periods. But Lesnar wasn't just some guy who was good in UFC 4 years ago. He was the heavyweight champion as recent as 2010. His physique looks even more intimidating now imo. He doesn't look like a bodybuilder anymore, he looks like he can tear you apart.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
You're really exaggerating what Brock did back in his original WWE run. Arrive, destroy, leave. Sure he was good back then but you can't act like he was the biggest thing that ever happened to the WWE. He wasn't near half as big as half the guys back then.

Also lol @ concept of bringing back old guys to main event rather than making new guys credible main eventers...

Yes, let's bring a guy who hasn't wrestled professionally for nearly 10 years and say he's one of the best wrestlers there are in the WWE today.
Yeah lets bring in Brock Lesnar for tons of money and say he doesn't have it anymore because he wanted to be an MMA star :no:

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah lets bring in Brock Lesnar for tons of money and say he doesn't have it anymore because he wanted to be an MMA star :no:
I don't care what the WWE say about him, it's the IWC.

The WWE can make him out to be this and that because it's business, but when the IWC want to make someone who hasn't wrestled in 10 years the best wrestler in the WWE, it's a little farfetched...

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I don't care what the WWE say about him, it's the IWC.

The WWE can make him out to be this and that because it's business, but when the IWC want to make someone who hasn't wrestled in 10 years the best wrestler in the WWE, it's a little farfetched...
Hmmm I guess we'll find out at the ppv if he's still got it. Crowd will be hot for him thats for sure.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm I guess we'll find out at the ppv if he's still got it. Crowd will be hot for him thats for sure.
Exactly. We'll find out. A lot of people are acting like they already know. :rolleyes:

B/c people are genuinely interested in him?
Ok, be interested. Personally, I don't care about Lesnar, but caring/being interested hardly warrants the hypocrisy that I keep seeing everywhere.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts

Why?

TL;DR:

Also mfw people down rep but don't post. Obvious fags 8*D
To be honest, I haven't really seen too many people calling him "the best" since he's been back. The people that have been, though, are obviously just pleased about a popular performer returning and are expressing their excitement. Personally, I always enjoyed Brock Lesnar and I'm delighted that he's back. During his two years with the WWE, he was a brilliant performer and (more often than not) delivered. I was sad to see him go back in 2004 and I'm pleased to see him back now.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To be honest, I haven't really seen too many people calling him "the best" since he's been back. The people that have been, though, are obviously just pleased about a popular performer returning and are expressing their excitement. Personally, I always enjoyed Brock Lesnar and I'm delighted that he's back. During his two years with the WWE, he was a brilliant performer and (more often than not) delivered. I was sad to see him go back in 2004 and I'm pleased to see him back now.
I have seen a few posts about Lesnar being the best thing in the WWE right now, probably by anti-Cena smarks, though.

But I've seen a LOT of people acting as if Lesnar is one of the best performers in the WWE right now though he hasn't even had a match, or a confrontation longer than a minute.

I can understand the nostalgic feeling of when a wrestler comes back and wreaks havoc, or does whatever they used to do back before they left, but do rose tinted glasses really give enough reason, just by themselves, to consider someone who hasn't wrestled in nearly 10 years one of, if not the best wrestlers in the company at this very moment?

A little off topic but I'd like to see if Lesnar can pull of a shooting star still...

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
Ok, be interested. Personally, I don't care about Lesnar, but caring/being interested hardly warrants the hypocrisy that I keep seeing everywhere.
I haven't seen anyone say that Brock is the best worker in the company, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Facts:
He used to be one of the best wrestlers in the company when he was active
He is a huge name
He generates interest in the product
He is involved in a good storyline
He just got back

So yeah, why are you complaining again? You're mad that people want to see him?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

He was the face of the WWE. He'd beaten Hogan, The Rock, Kurt Angle and The Undertaker. Of course he was big, you don't beat those guys and not be big. -___-

He hardly dominated UFC - he lost over a third of his fights.
Hardly a fair comment, we don't know how good he could have been if he hadn't gotten a life threatening disease. Up until then he was Heavyweight champ.

I don't know why people are hating on Lesnar, in a time where the WWE is in desperate need of star power after losing HBK, Edge and Batista, while also losing the full time work of The Undertaker, Triple H and possibly Rey Mysterio too.

The Rock saved the day before Mania, and Brock is here to do the same post Mania. People should be glad someone as 'legitimate' as Lesnar is back in the WWE, not whining about how he left. The funny thing is for all the people saying he hasn't wrestled in ten years, if SCSA returned for a match against Punk they would be creaming themselves, when The Rock came back for his first singles match since Backlash 2003 they were creaming themselves. Before Lesnar came back the only star the WWE actually had was Cena, now at least they have two stars. The WWE can't make new stars without having stars in their company already.

Where would Austin be without Hart and HBK? Where would Brock be without The Undertaker? Where would Batista and Orton be without Triple H and Ric Flair?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The Rock saved the day before Mania, and Brock is here to do the same post Mania. People should be glad someone as 'legitimate' as Lesnar is back in the WWE, not whining about how he left. The funny thing is for all the people saying he hasn't wrestled in ten years, if SCSA returned for a match against Punk they would be creaming themselves, when The Rock came back for his first singles match since Backlash 2003 they were creaming themselves. Before Lesnar came back the only star the WWE actually had was Cena, now at least they have two stars.
Yea, of course people would be creaming themselves at an Austin return. Myself, I would be asking the same question. "How is he one of the best wrestlers here today if he hasn't wrestled in the last X years?".

Don't get me started on WWE using old-star power rather than making some new ones. Everyone knows that's ridiculous.

So yeah, why are you complaining again? You're mad that people want to see him?
Silly weeaboo, do you not read or do you not comprehend?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts