Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of TNA signing some talent what never got their shot who are apparently ready like Crimson, Shawn Ricker and apparently Camacho.

I understand they are interested in signing the Von Erich's (who aren't ready for primetime TV), James Raideen who just needs time to develop. Someone on this board suggested making TNA Rising a NXT type show and I completely agree.

I'd also suggest TNA make an offer to Anthony Nese as well.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Never copy WWE in anything, even if they have a good idea, or soon you will be dead. For every 1 good WWE idea, there is 100 that are garbage.

NXT is what it is because of the talent that is there. Nobody of any possible upside will be working on this "TNA Rising" for simply 1 reason: Money.

TNA is having money problems right now so unless these great talents work for free there is no reason for this. TNA signing talents when they are ready is far more preferable in my opinion. You have a good idea in theory, but it can't be supported by a company with the funds of TNA.

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
TNA aren't having money problems they have a budget, and they're not moving from it (alot more than ROH according to Eddie Edwards). Using money wisely instead of handing out contracts like candy as they did when Terry Taylor was there.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
TNA aren't having money problems they have a budget, and they're not moving from it (alot more than ROH according to Eddie Edwards). Using money wisely instead of handing out contracts like candy as they did when Terry Taylor was there.
Yes, sorry, my wording was off. I am not worried about TNA. They seem to be run by some decent people, like that Gaburick guy. They just don't have the money available for a TNA Rising show. Especially when you look at who will show up...5 people?

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
I always take a grain of salt when a former employee says something (this case former RoH) but also when a current one says it (this case TNA). While what they say might be right, there is a reason for them to be less than trueful. I do think TNA has learned from their past mistakes, at least payroll wise, and it is likely they have a bigger budget than RoH but I would not say by a large amount. At least not as large as a year or two ago even.

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
TNA as Matt Hardy said a few days ago allow individual sponsorships and endorsements which means more money for the wrestlers you see it with Lashley and you'll be seeing it with The Wolves and the BDC soon.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
all the staff people getting released in 2014, people late on payment, the pay per appearance contracts like it's 2003, wrestlers who don't want to renew the contracts with taking pay cut, tapings multiple shows in advance like 10 years ago ... all this tells me that TNA HAS money problem, and it all started with the live touring shows pushed by Hogan.

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
all the staff people getting released in 2014, people late on payment, the pay per appearance contracts like it's 2003, wrestlers who don't want to renew the contracts with taking pay cut, tapings multiple shows in advance like 10 years ago ... all this tells me that TNA HAS money problem, and it all started with the live touring shows pushed by Hogan.
your gimmick is wearing thin as well give up kiddo.

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Still can't find that rumor. It's not on The Observer/PWInsider, for sure.

TJP, on the other hand, says he (and other wrestlers) got a raise:
http://ask.fm/MegaTJP/answer/124174634233

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
As usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I do not think TNA is rolling in the dough but they are not as in dire straights as some would want us to think. They made cuts to be more profitable to keep growing and due to less money on their TV deal. Look at the Cubs as an example. In the past they would cut their payroll but it was not due to money issues. They make a boat load of it. The owners cut to make higher profits. TNA is not making boat loads but they cut payroll to get some profits or at least cut their losses. Without REAL numbers it is impossible to say which with any certanity.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Never copy WWE in anything, even if they have a good idea, or soon you will be dead. For every 1 good WWE idea, there is 100 that are garbage.

NXT is what it is because of the talent that is there. Nobody of any possible upside will be working on this "TNA Rising" for simply 1 reason: Money.

TNA is having money problems right now so unless these great talents work for free there is no reason for this. TNA signing talents when they are ready is far more preferable in my opinion. You have a good idea in theory, but it can't be supported by a company with the funds of TNA.

I suggested the TNA Rising show, it would air on saturday mornings replacing the unlocked show which is basically a repeat of the previous nights Impact show. Rising will only feature indy wrestlers from all over the world trying to earn a TNA contract. Rising will also have the weekly tenay/wrestler interview, the top 5 rankings and pop up comments during the matches, which all are currently on the unlocked show.

My idea for TNA Rising every week is to have matches featuring indy wrestlers only, heavyweights, x division and women in both singles and tag team matches will be featured on the show, along with a short promo by each wrestler prior to their match. Tenay and a active TNA wrestler will provide commentary while evaluating the work of each participant, there will be no voting or anything like that on the show.

Nobody will know if a wrestler(s) will be invited back to wrestle again on Rising until the matches are announced on Impact wrestling the following friday night before the next Rising show airs. The decision of who is invited back will be made based on the evaluations of the observing wrestler and Tenay, management evaluting the response from the fans in attendance during the match and the reaction received on TNA's social media about the matches and wrestlers that participated, following the show. If a wrestler(s) are invited back after a 3rd appearance on Rising, the next match will air on friday night during Impact wrestling and will be against a active TNA wrestler(s) from the main roster. After the match on Impact, the decision will be made to sign the indy wrestler(s) to a TNA contract or not, the decision will be announced at the end of the Impact wrestling show.

As far as TNA not having the money to pay the indy wrestlers to appear, it is not like they are being contracted, this would be an appearance fee only and the only contract offered will be to the ones that make it to a match on Impact wrestling. In most cases, if they earn a match on Impact wrestling they will be offered a TNA contract, but not always.
Hope this clears up any confusion about what i suggested.

Reactions: WesternFilmGuy

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I suggested the TNA Rising show, it would air on saturday mornings replacing the unlocked show which is basically a repeat of the previous nights Impact show. Rising will only feature indy wrestlers from all over the world trying to earn a TNA contract. Rising will also have the weekly tenay/wrestler interview, the top 5 rankings and pop up comments during the matches, which all are currently on the unlocked show.

My idea for TNA Rising every week is to have matches featuring indy wrestlers only, heavyweights, x division and women in both singles and tag team matches will be featured on the show, along with a short promo by each wrestler prior to their match. Tenay and a active TNA wrestler will provide commentary while evaluating the work of each participant, there will be no voting or anything like that on the show.

Nobody will know if a wrestler(s) will be invited back to wrestle again on Rising until the matches are announced on Impact wrestling the following friday night before the next Rising show airs. The decision of who is invited back will be made based on the evaluations of the observing wrestler and Tenay, management evaluting the response from the fans in attendance during the match and the reaction received on TNA's social media about the matches and wrestlers that participated, following the show. If a wrestler(s) are invited back after a 3rd appearance on Rising, the next match will air on friday night during Impact wrestling and will be against a active TNA wrestler(s) from the main roster. After the match on Impact, the decision will be made to sign the indy wrestler(s) to a TNA contract or not, the decision will be announced at the end of the Impact wrestling show.

As far as TNA not having the money to pay the indy wrestlers to appear, it is not like they are being contracted, this would be an appearance fee only and the only contract offered will be to the ones that make it to a match on Impact wrestling. In most cases, if they earn a match on Impact wrestling they will be offered a TNA contract, but not always.
Hope this clears up any confusion about what i suggested.
Yes, I love the idea. But I don't think something like this is in the cards. I think they are fine with just trying out wrestlers in Orlando during their taping. Also, that British Bootcamp show if they do another season is a great way to look at talent up close. Would you settle for an American Bootcamp, or nah?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yes, an American Boot Camp would be great!

I think i read somewhere that TNA and DA may have some type of reality show similar to BBC airing in the future, but yes TNA definitely needs something to bring indy talents in and develop them for the future of the company. I would also include some of the nxt wrestlers that were released by the e to be in boot camp also.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
No sizable fanbase to warrant the costs involved. First get interest back into the product before all the side quests.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts