Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He was like a big stupid elephant sitting in the room during the end of that battle royal. Third wheel. The whole time AJ and Aries were doing their awesome stuff you were just dreading and waiting for Gunner to get involved and mess it all up. That AJ/Aries sequence should have ended the match, not AJ/Gunner. Gunner can't perform in the ring at the level of those two guys. The final two should have been Aries and AJ to set up for their future match, and to symbolize they were both a notch above everyone else in the ring, not AJ and Gunner. Gunner didn't deserve to be the last person eliminated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
AJ and Aries had enough interaction to whet the appetites of the fans. Gunner was in there for a reason. AJ can't say he eliminated Aries, and Aries can't say he eliminated AJ. If TNA really is setting up a "Destination X" match between the two, last night's battle royal finish was pretty logical.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Neither Garret or Gunner deserved to even be in the mini-rumble much less lasting as long as they did. But the poster before me made a good point as to why it wasn't just AJ and Aries at the end. Would've been nice if they would've had someone else at the end instead of Gunner.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Gunner, Crimson and Garrett Bischoff need to just fuck off and stop dragging the company down.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Crimson - in one year he will be the IWC favorite just like bully ray.
Gunner - great wrestler, needs to find "it".
Garrett - go to OVW and then return as a heel.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Can't even start to say how mich I'm pi55ed that guys like Gunner, Gareth, and few others are getting solid pushes up the ranks while superb wrestlers such as Alex Shelley and Doug Willams stay at home doing nothing :(

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah wtf. Alex Shelley not being in there is an insult.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
There's only two men that could win that match - aj or aries.

Even if shelley was there, he would be just "another guy" to get eliminated. I really hope sabin's injury isn't something permanent.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I'll never understand why Gunner gets so much hate. I'm not saying that he's The Rock but he's a decent talent that just needs to be booked right to take advantage of his abilities. People on here act like he's worse than he actually is. I do agree that it should have been just AJ and Aries in the ring at the end of the Battle Royal but it's not a big deal that Gunner was in there too. It's not like he did anything in there while they where wrestling other than push Aries out.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Crimson is particular has great potential, the hate for him is ridiculous.

Gunner also has potential, but needs work.

Garrett I agree with, he needs to go and learn how to work.

As for the thread, isnt is obvious?

AJ and Aries are both faces and fan favourites, they didnt want either one throwing the other out the ring.

That isnt rocket science guys...

·
Banned
367 Posts
No. you are not getting it. If the final 2 was Aries and AJ, one of them would have eliminated the other and we would have already known who is better. At least now, nobody will know until it happens :)

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Uh no. It should always come down to the two best wrestlers. It was clear going in that Aries and AJ were a cut above everyone else. They should have been the last two. It would have been like Royal Rumble 2008 with Triple H and John Cena. Or The Royal Rumble before that with HBK and Undertaker. Or the one with Cena and Batista as the last two. Or HHH and Orton. The last two should always be special. Then they could have a stare down in the middle of the ring and it would mean a lot more and people would be on the edge of their seats with excitement as they trade blows. Unfortunately there was an elephant in the ring.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Gunner did look out of place towards the end, I'll agree. But then this is a battle royal so him eliminating Aries and getting down to the final 2 isn't a huge deal by any means. He spent a lot of the final part of the match recovering in the corner, it's not like he pinned AJ and Aries clean at the same time. No biggie.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
No. you are not getting it. If the final 2 was Aries and AJ, one of them would have eliminated the other and we would have already known who is better. At least now, nobody will know until it happens :)
Exactly right.

Uh no. It should always come down to the two best wrestlers. It was clear going in that Aries and AJ were a cut above everyone else. They should have been the last two. It would have been like Royal Rumble 2008 with Triple H and John Cena. Or The Royal Rumble before that with HBK and Undertaker. Or the one with Cena and Batista as the last two. Or HHH and Orton. The last two should always be special. Then they could have a stare down in the middle of the ring and it would mean a lot more and people would be on the edge of their seats with excitement as they trade blows. Unfortunately there was an elephant in the ring.
Thank God you don't book wrestling that would not be the way to go at all.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I like Gunner, i really do, i think that with the right storyline and the right manager, i has the potential to be a great heel in TNA.

Garrett and Crimson, on the other hand, can just fuck off from TNA, first make Crimson job to Samoa Joe.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Sup with Crimson hate? This guy really impresses me everytime I see him. He even turned heel and people still complain? He's got the perfect look to be the biggest superstar out there and I am 100% certain he will be in the future. I hope to see him fight Goldberg for that streak some day. Also wanting to see him fight his little bro Amazing Red.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sup with Crimson hate? This guy really impresses me everytime I see him. He even turned heel and people still complain? He's got the perfect look to be the biggest superstar out there and I am 100% certain he will be in the future. I hope to see him fight Goldberg for that streak some day. Also wanting to see him fight his little bro Amazing Red.
I have tried, but i cant seem to like him, as a face or as a heel, i just cant stand him on my tv.

·
Registered
813 Posts
They were trolling us with Gunner and Bischoff.
Gunner just needs to learn 5 interesting moves.
I'll help him, Flying forearm in the turn buckle, Shoulder Breaker, Spinning Punch, Arn Anderson Rope Eye Gouge, Big Knee lift to the face.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts