Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Rey Mysterio.

- Rey Mysterio has recovered from his recent ear infection but has been having shoulder problems this past week. Rey visited Dr. James Andrews who diagnosed the injury as a tear, but didn't feel like Rey needed surgery.

Rey was told he needed rehab on the shoulder and that he needed to take a few weeks off. Rey still worked this past weekend and the SmackDown tapings. Rey's match with Alberto Del Rio at TLC was originally planned to be a Ladder Match but that was changed due to the injury.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Man, he really need to think about retiring, I don't think he has spent more than 3 months without getting injure.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Time to hang it up Rey. If he keeps getting hurt or continues to have lingering injuries his overall match quality is going to drop like a lead balloon. There's no shame in retiring if it's going to benefit your life after wrestling.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Damn.

I actually figured it was Edge, but in all honesty, Mysterio's the one who keeps collecting fresh injuries as of late.

Guess this makes it all the more obvious that in all likelihood Del Rio's going over at TLC. Mysterio may be gone until near the 'Rumble.

It's time to get Kofi up to the main event scene. Taker, Edge, Rey and even Big Show to a lesser extent are all the top faces of Smackdown, when they're there, and they're all falling apart to one degree or another. Promote Kaval, Masters, and now they can have Santino and Kozlov around on Smackdown for a while, too, to engage the bevy of midcard heels, and let Kofi become the one main event face on which the brand can rely for the future.

And, yes, Mysterio should sincerely think about either retiring or at the very least taking the spot that Shawn Michaels enjoyed as one of the two guys on a "part-time schedule." He can't endure the typical WWE road schedule for top stars anymore, and frankly at this point shouldn't have to. (Triple H is effectively there now, too.)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wasn't he supposed to get knee-surgery after WrestleMania this year?

Also, a ladder match at TLC? Um, for what?

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Just like Desolation I thought it was to be Edge and damn near fpalmed...but Rey seriously needs to hang it up...too many injuries have plagued him lately and he should get out before any more serious damage happens.

·
19,155 Posts
Rey's son Dominic. Duh.

Reactions: Bruze

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Rey needs to work a lighter schedule, ditch the house shows and only wrestle occasionally on TV.

WWE needs to protect their wrestlers, they don't seem to do a very good job.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Bloody hell, Rey sure is racking up the injuries as of late. It might be time for him to let his career slow down. A lot of top faces are always getting injured. Edge, Undertaker, Rey, Ortons an injury risk too. They really do need to turn a few heels, or push some new faces up to the main event.

Del Rio to go over at TLC then please.

·
19,155 Posts
You know, I can't believe I didn't think of the incongruity of them facing off in a ladder match before, when it was teased last week on Smackdown with all of those ladders. What are they trying to retrieve? How does this make any sense?

Gimmick PPVs FTW. At least it doesn't look like we'll be getting a "Chair Match" ala Taker/Batista last year.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'm wondering if they're going to have ADR take him out again considering he's already done it once

·
19,155 Posts
^^

That would make the most sense. Just make the injury Rey's shoulder from ADR's submission hold. And this time, Rey won't even have to be selling, 'cause perhaps his shoulder really will be killing him.

At this point, just for some watchable TV again from Smackdown, TLC needs to be where Edge goes over Kane and ADR goes over Rey, to get to ADR-Kane at the 'Rumble. Hopefully Del Rio takes it there and survives the Elimination Chamber and defends against Royal Rumble winner Kofi Kingston. With just a few movements of the chess pieces, Smackdown is saved from herself! Eh...

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Rey needs to retire and put ADR over big time, that really would establish him as a future main eventer.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Gimmick PPVs FTW. At least it doesn't look like we'll be getting a "Chair Match" ala Taker/Batista last year.
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out there being a chair match at TLC.

Morrison threw Sheamus into his throne. Thrones are a type of chair. By WWE's twisted booking logic that means they can put on a chair match at TLC.

·
19,155 Posts

Morrison threw Sheamus into his throne. Thrones are a type of chair. By WWE's twisted booking logic that means they can put on a chair match at TLC.
Oh, shit.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts

OH MA GAWD!! THRONE TO THA SKULL, HE'S BROKEN IN HAALF!!

·
19,155 Posts
1 - 20 of 89 Posts