Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
210,000 at the most, now big marquee names, it's 3 weeks removed from Extreme rules, and no big main event, classic example of a filler PPV.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
Pure filler PPV. This is a C lister PPV after WM/Extreme Rules.

Last year it did one of the company's worst all time buy numbers. Something like third worst in the company's 25+ year history.

Even with BORK LAZER it won't even get 200K

Lets say Lesnar and Ace are draws to the level where a PPV will see a 40 percent increase to buys because they are on it.

That is being generous to my mind. Maybe like 180K world wide

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,810 Posts
450,000 buys with the WWE title match that is booked.
:lol oh I love you!

With the lack of star power, unfortunately, Bryan and Punk are most likely being setup to fall as scapegoats. This is something Bryan is used to unfortunately.

Just hope for the best, but Bryan and Punk's main fan base is here on the Internet, and we all know how much we all like to stream events fpalm

·
Banned
882 Posts
Who cares, just enjoy the matches. Fans still do that, right?

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Would be comedy to see this PPV bomb like never before so WWE will learn not to put two mid card talents for the belt. But Ace vs Cena is carrying the show so I will guess around the same number as last year's disaster(which is the third lowest PPV in WWE history), I doubt it but maybe the Floyd Mayweather fight that maybe is going the break the all time PPV record is going to be a factor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
160k would be around what I'm guessing, since this is a C level PPV. The only thing that might possibly raise the buys is if Lesnar is in there or if the Punk-Bryan feud becomes exciting bc the rest of the potential card seems to be a snore.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Lets look at the facts -

1. The Rock
Many people spent loads of money on Wrestlemania because The Rock was advertised.

2. Brock Lesnar
Many people spent loads of money on Extreme Rules because Brock Lesnar was advertised.

3. Johnny Ace is the main event.
Really? Big Johnny is main eventing the PPV that follows what Rock and Brock did for main events?

4. UK gets it free.
In the UK, Over the Limit will be played live on Sky Sports so if you have sky sports then you watch it for free.

5. C Show
This PPV is only a C show so standereds arn't very good.

I'm going for 130K.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts