Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This section has been dead forever, so figured I'd post a tutorial. I've never posted a tutorial before, so if I describe shit wrong or whatever, oh well. :) I'm including a brush for you to install to do the final step in the shitty tutorial. If you don't know how to install a brush, I'll try to explain. Go to your Photoshop Brushes folder. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for mine I go to My Computer, my hard drive, then Program Files, Adobe, Photoshop 7.0, Presets, Brushes. Unzip the brush to the brushes folder. Then when you next open Photoshop you should have a brush called 3d_fusionXL. <3

- Open a new document. Size....around 400x300...Transparent BG

-Press D to reset the colors and click on your gradient tool

-Click the gradient picker at the top left of the screen, then click the small arrow to the right, then click Special Effects. Choose the first one, being Grey Value Stripes. click

-Now just randomly make gradients all over your new document(make sure it's the linear gradient type), about 30 times or so, until you get something that looks like mine. click

-Now just colorize it(ctrl-U), click the colorize box, and make it a reddish color. click

-Now make a new layer(shift-ctrl-N) and do the same with the gradient tool as the last layer, only instead of using a linear gradient, use a diamond gradient. click

-Now colorize like the last one, only make it a bit oranger red color. click

-Now set the blending mode of the top layer to lighten. Then make a new layer

-Next, using the brush you installed, make it a blue color, and click the brush over your graphic so it covers it in a blue pattern. Then set that layers blending mode to Hue. That's it. Depending on how my steps were described, it might suck, or it might look decent. Mine seems to have an American feel to it(red white n blue shit). My Result

Of course if you don't like the colors I used, you can always experiment with different colors and see what looks better.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts

Cool tut Cody. I added a render (Bryce thingy). I don't install brushes they make PS slower to load up, it have them in a folder and then just load them when I need them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts