Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was just watching the movie Groundhog day. For those of you don't know what the story is about, basically this one guy lives this one day over until he gets it perfect.

On the day he gets it perfect he gives two Wrestle Mania tickets to this couple as a wedding gift. I say that this is a nearly impossible thing for him to do, for many reasons.

His character is trapped in a small town in Pennsylvania and all the phone lines are out of service due to the blizzard. Because the internet ran on the phone lines back then it would have been impossible for him to order a ticket. Assuming it was available then the ticket would not have arrived there that night, especially in a blizzard.

It is of course a possibility that the town had a ticketmaster outlet however there are still other things that prohibit it from taking place. Its more than likely that the tickets were sold out by febuary so he would have had to gotten it from someone who already bought the ticket.

If someone from that small town already bought their tickets then they would have more than likely gotten their plane tickets to las vegas for that date. So that group would have had to had an event that just made them unavailable to attend the event and wanted to get rid of the tickets that day.

This took place in 1993 which was wrestle mania IX which was held in Las Vegas. The couple got married on febuary second so it is very unlikely that they would be able to afford a second honeymoon only 2 months later. And assuming they had their honeymoon postponed and it was in vegas and they were huge wrestling fans then they would have gotten tickets back in november.

I know I over analyzed this movie too much but I figured its groundhog day and it would be interesting to disect. if anyone wants to correct me or add any incite you're more than welcome to

·
Getting Cheap Pops...
1,812 Posts
So you went right past the whole "bending the time-space continuum for just one guy" thingy and went on to argue the extend to which he'd be able to buy Mania tickets in the time stated...?
Nice!:D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
This has a " you know your a mark when" joke written all over it.

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the point of this thread, seriously?
Idk I was watching it and began thinking that it was pretty impossible to get the tickets if he only had one day... plus figured people would be interested in finding the loop holes.

plus today is groundhogs day so its true to the season

·
Made Out Of Nothing
11,589 Posts
To be honest I love this thread. Nice disection man...definitely over-analytical to the Nth degree, but it was a fun read. As for agreeing/disagreeing, eh, I dunno. Mabes if I have time later I'll make a stand, haha.

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a movie...
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:woah woah woah so you're telling me that this is one of those moving pictures those city folks goto to have a good time? why where I from we don't go to fancy places like dat. I dang seen dis 'movie' up on the ole sports box wit those tin foil rabit ears on its head. So yous tellin me dat this was a movie my friend? My whole life has been a farce, my whole existence is in shambles. Thank you kind sir for enlightening me and my fellow peoples we's are forever in your debt.

Ok enough sarcasim, I know its a fucking movie. But still its fun to dissect and find plot holes in movies. And I figured it was groundhogs day and was a wrestling reference so it was the best time to bring up the conversation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.