• Bret Hart

Votes: 31 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Benoit was better. Bret is the most boring technician in the history of the world. His matches are completely hit and miss and every good match he's ever had is overrated to some degree. Benoit was always on fire in the ring, and he wrestled in my personal favourite match of all time and a good chunk of my top ten.

And yes, I did see Bret during his prime. I actually watched him when he was a regular, and am not just picking Benoit because I've seen a few clips. I know Bret's work, Benoit is his superior.

On a side note, I'm going to die a little inside in the final when people choose Shawn Michaels over Benoit. :no:
For someone who has as many posts as you, you can't be thinking clearly, How on earth was Bret in anyway boring he was methodical he worked the crowd built the match up for the finish. He didn't just hit high spots or just run over guys in 5 minute squash matches he had the brain that nobody else had inside the ring EVER.

Benoit was a fantastic wrestler there's to many fantastic wrestlers to mention but Bret is the best in ring performer there has ever been i can't understand your thinking here. Nobody could tell a story in the ring when working on an oppenent or an oppenent working on him he made it all seem beleiveable and realistic than anyone ever has.

He didn't bullshit the fans with stupid looking unrealistic moves everything he did had a purpose it worked, watch any of his matches and you can just appreciate how he worked it's like poetry he's the perfect wrestler he was far far from boring, anybody with a brain and a passion for wrestling should understand thisregardless of personal oppinions of him.

As good as benoit was when they wrestled after Owen's death Bret and Benoit both put on a masterclass performance but the reason thatmatch was so great is because Bret made Benoit look better he showed how to make a match look perfect and to tell a story from start to finish.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I voted Bret Hart.

I hate to be the guy to bring it up, but I still can't go back, watch a Benoit match and fully enjoy it (particularly when he works the super aggressive angle during matches). The same is 100% not true for Hart, he is one of the greatest technicians/storytellers/seller of all time and I could go back and enjoy any number of his classic matches time and time again.

·
Asuka
96,544 Posts
For someone who has as many posts as you, you can't be thinking clearly, How on earth was Bret in anyway boring he was methodical he worked the crowd built the match up for the finish. He didn't just hit high spots or just run over guys in 5 minute squash matches he had the brain that nobody else had inside the ring EVER.

Benoit was a fantastic wrestler there's to many fantastic wrestlers to mention but Bret is the besti in ring performer there has ever been i can't understand your thinking here. Nobody could tell a story in the ring when working on an oppenent or an oppenent working on him he made it all seem beleiveable and realistic than anyone ever has.

He didn't bullshit the fans with stupid looking unrealistic moves everything he did had a purpose it worked, watch any of his matches and you can just appreciate how he worked it's like poetry he's the perfect wrestler he was far far from boring, anybody with a brain and a passion for wrestling should understand thisregardless of personal oppinions of him.

As good as benoit was when they wrestled after Owen's death Bret and Benoit both put on a masterclass performance but the reason thatmatch was so great is because Bret made Benoitr look better he showed how to make a match look perfect start to finish to tell a story from start to finish.
First of all, commas are your friend. See this little fucker: , ? This: , right there, that people use to make statements easier to read? Embrace him.

Secondly, this whole argument about how Bret was so realistic means jack shit. Wrestling is fake, everybody knows it's fake and nobody is going to think or even should think that it's any less fake than it is based on what you do, so use your time in the ring trying to entertain instead of trying to make it look like a legitimate fight which nobody believes it is anyway. That's stupid.

He's had some great matches, but he's hit and miss and he can be tedious as hell in the ring and not fun to sit through. Benoit was certainly not that way. Sorry my opinion pissed you off so much. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
First of all, commas are your friend. See this little fucker: , ? This: , right there, that people use to make statements easier to read? Embrace him.

Secondly, this whole argument about how Bret was so realistic means jack shit. Wrestling is fake, everybody knows it's fake and nobody is going to think or even should think that it's any less fake than it is based on what you do, so use your time in the ring trying to entertain instead of trying to make it look like a legitimate fight which nobody believes it is anyway. That's stupid.

He's had some great matches, but he's hit and miss and he can be tedious as hell in the ring and not fun to sit through. Benoit was certainly not that way. Sorry my opinion pissed you off so much. :rolleyes:
It's called suspension of disbelief. I find it hard to invest into a match with contrived spots and illogical counters. That's fair enough that you enjoy wrestling from an entertainment perspective but a lot of people watch wrestling to try and buy into the fact that that the matches are real in the same manner that we know a play is essentially fake but we still become caught up in the authentic nature of the plot and the characters.

That's the key reason why I've never been able to take Flair that seriously as a wrestler but I can see now why you rate some of his matches so highly as from a pure entertainment perspective Flair is truly world class.

I'm just arguing that there's two very different ways to enjoy watching wrestling matches and indeed wrestling as a whole.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's called suspension of disbelief. I find it hard to invest into a match with contrived spots and illogical counters. That's fair enough that you enjoy wrestling from an entertainment perspective but a lot of people watch wrestling to try and buy into the fact that that the matches are real in the same manner that we know a play is essentially fake but we still become caught up in the authentic nature of the plot and the characters.

That's the key reason why I've never been able to take Flair that seriously as a wrestler but I can see now why you rate some of his matches so highly as from a pure entertainment perspective Flair is truly world class.

I'm just arguing that there's two very different ways to enjoy watching wrestling matches and indeed wrestling as a whole.
This. I thought i seen on someone's sig that "urdnot wrex" dosent watch WRESTLING for the wait...it's coming...here it is..WRESTLING, he watches it for the personalities, which benoit didnt have much of anyway. :no:

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Benoit was better. Bret is the most boring technician in the history of the world. His matches are completely hit and miss and every good match he's ever had is overrated to some degree. Benoit was always on fire in the ring, and he wrestled in my personal favourite match of all time and a good chunk of my top ten.

And yes, I did see Bret during his prime. I actually watched him when he was a regular, and am not just picking Benoit because I've seen a few clips. I know Bret's work, Benoit is his superior.

On a side note, I'm going to die a little inside in the final when people choose Shawn Michaels over Benoit. :no:

spot on

Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament:The winner is Benoit.HBK may win against benoit in the final but my vote goes to benoit.Benoit sold well while Shawn oversold it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If Benoit had 60min Iron man match with HBK - it wouldn't have been as good!
Benoit vs Yokozuna - wouldn't have been as good!!
Benoit vs Austin (I quit match) - wouldn't have been as good!!!

Bret is more fluid than Benoit.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts