Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Kurt Angle

Votes: 45 47.9%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're down to the final four in the tournament designed to discover who this forum considers to be the all time greatest wwe in ring performer. Now we move onto out semi-final pitting HBK against Kurt Angle. Who deserves to go through?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So glad these two both made it to the top 4.

Not weighing in Kurt's TNA run (which is inferior), he narrowly wins this one for me. Angle is the most technically sound wrestler I have ever seen and every match he had in WWE impressed me. Shawn Michaels is the greatest seller of all time (imo), but as far as technical ability is concerned he just didn't have the consistency of Kurt. There's a reason Angle went over HBK at WM21.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
So glad these two both made it to the top 4.

Not weighing in Kurt's TNA run (which is inferior), he narrowly wins this one for me. Angle is the most technically sound wrestler I have ever seen and every match he had in WWE impressed me. Shawn Michaels is the greatest seller of all time (imo), but as far as technical ability is concerned he just didn't have the consistency of Kurt. There's a reason Angle went over HBK at WM21.
The reason why Kurt Angle went over at WrestleMania 21 was because he needed it much more than Shawn Michaels did at that time and when you look over their whole feud you will see that Shawn Michaels won two matches and Kurt Angle just the one plus a draw in their Iron Man match at Raw Homecoming in late 2005. I have said before though that had Kurt Angle had a longer WWE career than he did then he would most likely have surpassed Shawn Michaels as far as being the greatest in ring performer in WWE history but he only had six years in WWE and spent at least a year of that out injured.

I love Kurt Angle and he has had some of the greatest matches in WWE history with Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, The Undertaker and The Rock but you also have to look at longetivity as well which had Shawn Michaels not returned in 2002 he would not have because his singles career would have been of the same length as Kurt Angle. Shawn Michaels second run in WWE went on for longer than Kurt Angle's whole WWE career so overall he had fifteen years as a top singles wrestler in WWE and had even better matches in his second run which is amazing when you consider that he was talked about as one of the best ever based on his first run alone.

From a technical standpoint Kurt Angle is the greatest ever and that is because he won an Olympic gold medal which you simply can not do without being technically superior to everyone else but from and overall standpoint and someone who can do absolutely everything Shawn Michaels is above everyone else. As i said in the Shawn Michaels/Ric Flair thread for me Shawn Michaels is the greatest in ring performer ever and that is also the opinion of Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross, Ric Flair, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, John Cena and many many more inside the wrestling industry.

·
Registered
225 Posts
HBK no question. I think he's done a great job throughout his career making himself look great then transitioning into the role of making other guys look great. I legitimately believe it when Shawn loses, where its sort of unbelievable to me when Angle loses. I love them both though.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kurt Angle - Superior in every way imaginable

·
Banned
30 Posts
The reason why Kurt Angle went over at WrestleMania 21 was because he needed it much more than Shawn Michaels did at that time and when you look over their whole feud you will see that Shawn Michaels won two matches and Kurt Angle just the one plus a draw in their Iron Man match at Raw Homecoming in late 2005. I have said before though that had Kurt Angle had a longer WWE career than he did then he would most likely have surpassed Shawn Michaels as far as being the greatest in ring performer in WWE history but he only had six years in WWE and spent at least a year of that out injured.

I love Kurt Angle and he has had some of the greatest matches in WWE history with Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, The Undertaker and The Rock but you also have to look at longetivity as well which had Shawn Michaels not returned in 2002 he would not have because his singles career would have been of the same length as Kurt Angle. Shawn Michaels second run in WWE went on for longer than Kurt Angle's whole WWE career so overall he had fifteen years as a top singles wrestler in WWE and had even better matches in his second run which is amazing when you consider that he was talked about as one of the best ever based on his first run alone.

From a technical standpoint Kurt Angle is the greatest ever and that is because he won an Olympic gold medal which you simply can not do without being technically superior to everyone else but from and overall standpoint and someone who can do absolutely everything Shawn Michaels is above everyone else. As i said in the Shawn Michaels/Ric Flair thread for me Shawn Michaels is the greatest in ring performer ever and that is also the opinion of Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross, Ric Flair, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, John Cena and many many more inside the wrestling industry.
:lmao

·
Registered
873 Posts
I went for Kurt. The question is actually a very difficult one, they're both incredibly talented and have both had some amazing matches, but in my time as a WWE fan I've seen more from Kurt - matches against the likes of Benoit and Mysterio were always quality.

·
Registered
489 Posts
In terms of technical wrestling ability, I'm going with Kurt Angle. Both guys put on awesome matches (though I've never seen any matches where they were against eachother, which is something I should fix really soon). HBK will always be a great performer and in some aspects is better than Kurt. But on this occasion, Kurt wins it.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
In terms of technical wrestling ability, I'm going with Kurt Angle. Both guys put on awesome matches (though I've never seen any matches where they were against eachother, which is something I should fix really soon). HBK will always be a great performer and in some aspects is better than Kurt. But on this occasion, Kurt wins it.
Well if you had bothered to read the title you would notice that it isn't in terms of technical wrestling ability.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Lol at Kurt Angle actually winning this vote.
really?

Shawn Michaels is hugely overated in every sense. Angle is superior in the ring, on the mic and to me it is no surprise at all that he is considdered a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels.

It constantly amazes me how many people rate HBK so highly.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
really?

Shawn Michaels is hugely overated in every sense. Angle is superior in the ring, on the mic and to me it is no surprise at all that he is considdered a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels.

It constantly amazes me how many people rate HBK so highly.
That's OK, you obviously prefer random suplexes over superb storytelling and constant MOTY's.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That's OK, you obviously prefer random suplexes over superb storytelling and constant MOTY's.
I wouldn't say that. I just don't enjoy Michael's character, I find him cringeworthy and constantly marvel at his horrible over-selling and weird, irritating facial expressions - especially after blading. He is awful on the mic, a terrible actor and (yes yes, i know i haven't met him), he comes across as a total dickhead and not someone I would choose to be a fan of.

I find angle far more entertaining and have enjoyed many more matches with him involved than HBK.

THAT is why I prefer him, not 'random suplexes'.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.