• Stone Cold Steve Austin

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • Owen Hart

Votes: 31 47.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With HBK set to join Flair, Bret, Benoit and Angle (what a line-up that is so far!!) we now move onto our sixth 1st round clash pitting The Texas Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin against King of Harts Owen Hart.

This one is very tough decision for me. Owen had a great style and countless great bouts whilst Austin was very underrated in the ring bringing a great intensity to so many of his matches. Owen just edges this one for me.

Again remember this is WWE related only so Owen's fine work in Stampede and Japan doesn't count and neither does Austin's stints in other promotions.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament: R1: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Owen Ha

Austin (obviously) became a bigger star and a bigger draw but Owen Hart was always far superior in the ring. I'm predicting a shut out for this one, tbh.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament: R1: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Owen Ha

Austin can't have had so many great matches by accident. He was an intense brawler who sold really well and was awesome at involving the crowd during his bouts. This is closer than I think you're giving it credit for.

· Banned
17 Posts

Owen by a light year.After the neck injury Stone Cold turned into a thrash brawler.154X right hand punches,thesz press,54X stomps,Stunner,the end.

· Registered
136 Posts

Austin by a land slide his in ring proformance was underrated owen was great but not like austin's was and if u recall owens huge mistake that got austin neck broken

· Registered
5,005 Posts

Owen was excellent the only blemish I can come up with was him breaking Austin's neck. As far as skill-Owen easy, Austin has some good technical bouts too but think...Owen wins though....Austin transforming into a brawler hurt his performances it made him one-dimensional...but was that Owen's fault?
Its an interesting argument...but I'm picking The King of Hearts

· Registered
1,710 Posts

Austin was a great wrestler but the "Stone Cold" gimmick didn't allow him to show the technical wrestling ability he did actually have. It's close but vote goes to Owen.

· Registered
2,151 Posts

Austin never broke anybodies neck, that marks him as a good deal superior to Owen.

Austin also got the fans into the match way more than Owen, so...I'm giving it to Austin.

· Registered
811 Posts

i think this is going to be a close one but conciderin Owen Broke Austins neck then thats a bit of bad in ring ability tbh.

· The Sundance Kid
48,275 Posts

hah wow...i can't believe people are voting for austin.
Yeah, how dare people vote for the guy who is immensely popular instead of the guy only people who watched in the 90s really know anything about.

Voted for Austin. Owen was a technical expert in the ring but Austin entertained me more.

· DELIRIUM
5,358 Posts

Stone Cold Steve Austin will forever be my favorite superstar of all time. But, as much of a great in-ring wrestler Steve was, Owen wins. Hands down.

· Registered
5 Posts

Stone Cold is the better performer. Owen was terrific and was vastly under used by WWE but was not in Austin's league. The way Austin could incite a crowd (still to this day) is amazing.

· Registered
5,005 Posts

I like this match up its 50/50 at the time of this post.
I am surprised so many people are choosing Austin but that's Austin's popularity not really a tell about his actual talent. Owen's death made this easy for all these young fans. Now I see why wwe uses kids as their target audience.

· Registered
1,921 Posts

I have yet to receive a clear-cut definition of a good wrestler from any of these online experts. The fact is some guy says Perfect, Angle, Michaels, Jericho, blah blah blah are good wrestlers and everybody follows. Their styles are nothing alike and your reasons for them being good are inconsistent. And don`t even try throwing out some bullshit terms like psychology and storytelling.

Steve Austin got more of a reaction with punches and kicks then Owen Hart ever could with his 1004 shitty technical holds. And that goes for the rest of those drawless New Generation hacks as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.