Wrestling Forum banner

Better Wrestler?

• Chris Benoit

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • Rey Mysterio

Votes: 31 25.6%

Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament: R1: Chris Benoit vs Rey Mysterio

2870 Views 37 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  alexfakelastname
Looks like we can safely say that Kurt Angle will be joining Bret Hart in the Quarter-Finals. Time now for our third first round clash, Chris Benoit vs Rey Mysterio.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Just can't look past what Benoit did. I haven't been able to sit and watch a full Benoit match since his crimes. Plus, the Mysterio of years ago was just awesome and amazing to watch.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
Chris Beniot and it's not even close. I do admit that Rey is good in the ring, but Beniot is way out of his league. In terms of technicality, in ring psychology, work rate and the ability to tell a story, Beniot hands down takes the cake.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Benoit, Rey was good once upon a time but I feel Benoit always was the better of the two.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
Honestly, both men are/were so gifted in the ring, and it makes it is a tough choice to make. However, Chris Benoit to me, was the overall better wrestler. He could do anything in the ring - literally anything. He blended so many different styles together and was such a perfectionist in all aspects that I think he is almost in a class all by himself...maybe accompanied by Angle, Hart and Michaels.

Mysterio, while an incredible in-ring performer, really has only excelled in the luchador/WWE luchador style. It is not his fault that this is the style that his heritage has put infront of him, but at the same time it can not be over looked that it has somewhat limited his overall work. Benoit could mat wrestle, brawl, submission wrestle or high fly. Mysterio is really only known for his high flying ability.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.