Wrestling Forum banner

Better WWE Wrestler?

• Bret Hart

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • Randy Savage

Votes: 13 32.5%

Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament: QF 4: Bret Hart vs Randy Savage

1157 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Goku
Shawn looks almost certain to join Angle and Benoit in the semi's and so now we move onto our final quarter final bout pitting Bret Hart against Randy Savage. My vote goes to Bret although Savage deserves lifelong respect for getting a match out of the Warrior...
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Maaaaan its a hard choice. Savage had some brilliant performances and had very little to work with whether it was Warrior, Hogan or any other of those 80s bums Bret never had the misfortune to be stuck with such stiffs (I mean he did have Sid).
It essentially comes down to savage/steamboat vs the iron man match which is each guys most distinguished match of those the iron man match was the greatest...I have to vote Hitman...

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Bret Hart. Macho Man is better overall, of course.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
I'm saying Savage. Bret was a brilliant technical wrestler, but lacked the one thing Savage had more of that arguably any other wrestler ever: charisma. Savage, unlike the other meatheads he shared his generation with (Hogan, Warrior, etc.) was actually a sensational wrestler who oozed charisma to the point that his matches were far more captivating than Bret's.

Bret was functionally damn near perfect, but I'm sorry, I don't award too many points based on that. I should also note that in this instance I don't define "charisma" as promo-cutting ability or the like, but possessing the natural gift of making me give a shit about you. Two guys similar to Bret in that regard - Chris Benoit and Daniel Bryan - have or had that. Bret did not, in my opinion.

So Savage gets my vote.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
dont really wanna vote between these to but i would pick savage above nearly anyone.
hes just super itense.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
Its simple really, Austin does not hit any German Suplexes in matches. Angle hits many german suplexes and belly to belly suplexes in matches for no goddamn reason, hence he is the better wrestler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.