Wrestling Forum banner

Better WWE Wrestler?

• Chris Benoit

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Mr Perfect

Votes: 12 20.3%

Greatest WWE In Ring Performer Tournament: QF 1: Chris Benoit vs Mr Perfect

1678 Views 22 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  PG-13
Onto our first quarter final with the most dominant first round winner Chris Benoit taking on the final quarter final qualifier Mr Perfect. Benoit takes this one easily for me.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,005 Posts
All Perfect lacked was the intensity of Benoit but he was probably more athletic...tough call.
My two favorite IC title matches of all time:
Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect Summerslam 91 &
Chris Benoit vs Rob Van Dam Summerslam 02.
But I guess I will have to go witrh Benoit he just had way too many superb performances that I can remember.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
Benoit brought an aggession and ruthlessness that Hennig didn't. When Benoit wrestled, it was as if every match was important. Perfect played a cocky heel in a slightly comedic way, whereas Benoit was all business.

· Registered
243 Posts
Mr. Perfect was a fantastic natural wrestler born into wrestling and he clearly had a natural talent and knew things that you just can't teach. He did have a crazy amount of charisma and in the late eighties/early nineties he was putting on some of the best matches worth seeing (him vs. Hart at Summerslam 91 is one of my favorite ever, and his back was all fucked up by then). But when he got to WCW he really didn't do tons, and I think the general shape of WCW at the time really takes some shine off his entire in ring career.

Chris Benoit had a totally original style though. He went to the Calgary dungeon, to Japan, ECW, WCW, WWF/E, he really did it all. I think he broke down walls for wrestlers, few people his size had done what he did before he did. And based on his in ring work alone he was able to get over and get to the top of the company with no mic ability. I don't think that means he doesn't have charisma, the way he looked and acted and held himself in the ring showed his charisma. I think based on his original style and what he managed to accomplish Chris Benoit has to be my choice, but this was tougher than I'm sure it was for a lot of people, because Perfect was great too

RIP to both these guys by the way (geeze wrestling has a high body toll)

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Who is this Benoit you speak of :side:

No but seriously, no one was as complete as... err.. that guy..

· Banned
18,124 Posts
They're both the best of all time, but Hennig is my favorite WWF wrestler ever so he gets my vote. RIP:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.