Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There used to be a time when guys didn't have to be all muscle-bound to make it in pro wrestling. Wrestlers used to come in all different shapes and sizes. Who would you consider the greatest wrestler that didn't have "the look" that pretty much all WWE wrestlers now have?

I would have to say either Mick Foley or Dusty Rhodes.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Dean Malenko

·
Banned
254 Posts

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Mick Foley, although admitedly if you are mean great wrestler as in technical wrestler Mick was not a great technical wrestler by any means, but man could he take a beating and was DAMN entertaining.

Dusty Rhodes is a great choice as well.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Austin.

The Ringmaster was a bad gimmick, but Austin with hair didn't look like he'd be the guy to revolutionize the industry.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Foley wasn't even a wrestler. He was just a stuntman with an insurmountable tolerance for pain.

Right now, I'd say Christian.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
The American Dream Dusty Rhodes, easily.

·
Banned
914 Posts
How do you people define what "The Look" is anyway?

For me, it just have to be a guy who looks like he can legitimately kick ass, even if a script doesn't call for it.

I won't say guys like Austin or Foley don't have "the look".

I'll say what you guys are looking are those who are 220 and below.

To answer the OP's question, I'll go with XPac or Christian.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I think the op means all muscle bound and looking generically the same. there were some great wrestler, or should i say some enetertaining wrestlers before they all became muscle bound lookalikes. George The Animal Steel, JunkYard Dog, Dusty Rhodes, Kamala, and tons more.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the op means all muscle bound and looking generically the same. there were some great wrestler, or should i say some enetertaining wrestlers before they all became muscle bound lookalikes. George The Animal Steel, JunkYard Dog, Dusty Rhodes, Kamala, and tons more.
That's exactly what I meant. You had guys like Earthquake, Dusty Rhodes, Big Bossman, Kamala, etc who legit looked like they would have a heart attack if they tried to do anything involving athletics. Or a guy like Sean Waltman when he first debuted as The Kid and looked like he was 100 pounds soaking wet. Or an overweight, ugly dude like Mick Foley. Basically guys that didn't have that sculpted body builder look that Vince McMahon loves i.e. Batista, Ultimate Warrior, Ezekiel Jackson, etc.

·
Banned
254 Posts
What?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Foley, easily. His talent, passion, and damn near unmatched verbal skills were so extraordinary that he was able to become one of the biggest stars of all time despite looking like a bus driver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts