Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a weird thread but what are the greatest and worst wrestler voices of all time? They way someone uses their voice can really affect how their promo's are received and delivered. Some guys were blessed with the ability to make their voice sound great and other's it affected greatly. This doesn't have to be the best wrestlers but the ones who were great and had great voices are easy to remember.

Here is my list in no particular order:

Randy Orton - when he gets angry he gets a rasp that is unparalleled.

Shawn Michaels (early days) - had an unbelievable way of using all the subtleties of his voice to make him a great talker in his career

Macho Man - obvious reasons

Ultimate Warroir - killer intensity

honorable mention: Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, The Rock, Austin

Worst Voices?

Sting - the one thing he had against him was his normal-guy voice

Punk - sounds average but witty I guess

Jeff Hardy - sounds like a kid with a twang

John Morrison - 15 year old kid voice with no balls in the way he spoke

honorable mention: Jeff Jarrett, Bobby Lashley

Thoughts?

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Best: The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Dusy Rhodes
Worst: Johnny Ace, Vickie Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, Mike Tyson.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lashley and Laryngitis have horrid voices.

Hogan's gotta great voice. Foley too, with his squeals as Mankind and tone in his Cactus Jack promo's.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Worst Voices that come to mind for me are Vickie Guerrero & Stephanie McMahon. Steph sounds like a man-woman. Harsh to say, but its true. Actually, it kind of reminds me of my own voice so I guess I shouldn't make fun, ha ha. Vickie's screeching just makes me want to murder woodland creatures. Its like nails on a chalkboard into a megaphone. For the guys, its gotta be Lashley. He's a big bad muscle bound machine that sounds like Mickey Mouse. OK then.

Best voice, I gotta go with Jake Roberts in his prime. He had that dark gravely voice and he spoke softly alot and he really knew how to draw people in. Foley, Rock, Savage, and Hogan all come to mind as well. Hell even The Warrior had a great voice.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
I think Shane Douglas had the perfect heel voice and gave his promos more meaning.

Worst voice was probably, God rest his soul, Chris Candido. It was so horrible that it was funny and made his promo's more interesting, eventhough he tended to ramble.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Off the top of my head

Best: Joey Styles, The Rock, Hogan, Voice-Box Kane, Triple H
Worst: Johnny Ace, Ahmed Johnson, Jack Swagger, Bobby Lashley
Undecided: Paul Bearer

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Best:
Rock, JR, Stone Cold, Dusty Rhodes, Macho Man, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair

Worst:
Johnny Ace, Vickie Guerrero, Lashley, Swagger, Brock Lesnar (Only because his voice makes him sound less intimidating)

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
One that comes to mind is Brock Lesnar, his voice just doesn't suit his huge body and persona. That's why he should let his in ring work do all of the talking. Lesnar's voice is too high pitched for his look but that is mainly because of the roids in the early days of his first WWE run.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'll get bashed for this, but Dean Ambrose has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. It's really irritating.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
I enjoyed Lashley much more than others, but he really should never have picked up a microphone. This sums it all up:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Savage's voice is easily the best for me. Honourable mentions to Hogan, Austin, Rock, Edge amongst others.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Best voices: The Rock, Austin, HBK, Hunter, Undertaker, Kane, Paul Bearer, Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, CM Punk.
Worst voices: Brock Lesnar, Johnny Ace, JoMo, Hornswoggle, Kevin Nash. BARRY STEVENS.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts