Wrestling Forum banner

Which former WWE Tag Champions would win each match?

• (1) Air Boom defeat Otunga/McGillicutty

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • (1) Otunga/McGillicutty defeat Air Boom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (2) Big Show/Kane defeat Slater/Gabriel

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • (2) Slater/Gabriel defeat Big Show/Kane

• (3) Santino/Kozlov defeat McIntyre/Rhodes

• (3) McIntyre/Rhodes defeat Santino/Kozlov

• (4) Hart Dynasty defeat Show-Miz

• (4) Show-Miz defeat Hart Dynasty

• (5) DX defeat Jeri-Show

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • (5) Jeri-Show defeat DX

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • (6) The Colons defeat Ryder/Hawkins

• (6) Ryder/Hawkins defeat The Colons

• (7) Morrison/Miz defeat MVP/Matt Hardy

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • (7) Matt Hardy/MVP defeat Morrison/Miz

• (8) Deuce and Domino defeat Kendrick/London

• (8) Kendrick/London defeat Deuce and Domino

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the tag division seemingly getting some much needed attention and revamping, lets take a look at the last 16 teams to hold these titles (not counting the RAW World Tag Titles). Now over the last 4 years these titles have had some moments of glory and some moments of horror as we watched the tag division dragged through the mud.

For simplicity and ease, I am not counting the two Cena one to two day reigns with Otunga and Miz. They were pointless then and are pointless now. So let's see who comes up as the Greatest WWE Tag Team Champions over the last 4 years at the 16 tag teams to hold these titles. Who was great and who was shit. Let's look and vote in this 16 team tourney.

Starting from the most recent: (remember I am following the WWE Tag Title history)

Air Boom(x1) vs. Otunga and McGillicutty(x1)
Kofi and Otunga's second time with tag gold, but Bourne and McGillicutty's first taste of WWE gold ever. The current champions face off against the final members of the once powerful stable known as the Nexus

Big Show and Kane(x2) vs. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater(x3)
Whether you like it or not, this was the Show and Kane's second run with tag gold and the Nexus/Corre team of Slater and Gabriel were the tag divison for a year and a half. Show and Kane are arguably tag experts having held the titles with multiple different stars throughout their career, but Slater and Gabriel were a consistent and talented team for a longer period of time.

Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov(x1) vs. Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes(x1)
Ah, a comedic tag team facing a team thrown together since they had nothing better to do. Remember all the big moments they had with the titles. Like...well they held the tag titles. For Rhodes, this was his third taste of tag gold but does that make his and McIntyre more important in the overall look then Santino and Kozlov?

Hart Dynasty(x1) vs. Show-Miz(x1)
Remember when everyone thought Hart Dynasty would bring the tag divison back to the spotlight? Remember how for almost a year the Unified Tag Titles were held by slapped together Top Stars? So who is the better team in your mind? A team founded on a tag team legacy that went nowhere after one reign or a team focused on promoting one guy, the awesome one, The Miz?

D-Generation X(x1) vs. Jeri-Show(x1)
Big Show's third entry into this tournament, but this time with Chris Jericho against Shawn Michaels and Triple H. So which team in your mind brought more intrigue to these titles? The reunited for the third/fourth time (I forget) DX or the team slapped together because of an injury, Jeri-Show?

The Colons(x2) vs. Ryder and Hawkins(x1)
The team that United the World and WWE Tag Titles versus the team that barely anyone remembers. I don't recall how many times I see people asking the question, "When will Zack Ryder win his first ever title?" Technically he did and you should be asking when will he win his first legit singles title. So he takes the cake, the brothers that united the title or the Internet Champion and his buddy?

Miz and Morrison(x3) vs. Matt Hardy and MVP(x1)
How things have changed. Who would have predicted where these stars would be way back then? The Miz as a former WWE Champion, MVP lost in the midcard and gone from the WWE, John Morrison going no where in the WWE, and Matt Hardy being known as the irresponsible Hardy brother. Matt Hardy and John Morrison have held tag gold many times already and should go down in history as being great tag competitors. So, which of these teams will go down in history for you as the superior tag team, especially since both teams started off as hating their partner?

Deuce and Domino(x1) vs. Brian Kendrick and Paul London(x2)
Both teams had a good amount of time with the title, but which team was better? From the other side of the tracks, Deuce and Domino held the titles for about four months. Kendrick and London for almost a year! Which team did you enjoy more?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, I find it funny and sad how many single title reigns there were between teams in the last four years

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
:( at no Murdoch/Cade, I'd have chosen them but I went with Jeri-Show instead.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
JeriShow was a wonderful tag team that fit perfectly. I loved when they both used to come out in there small suit and XXX large Suit. There promos and feuds were awesome and I think Big Show fit perfectly as Jericho's right hand man and bodyguard. It could of lasted even longer if it wasn't for Jericho being on such a roll and eventually falling in the main event scene. The way the tag team ended was hilarious as well, With the old GF|BF breakup routine.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
For in ring and mic chemistry, Jerishow easily wins this. DX if they had been less comedy focused at the time would also have been a good call.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
London/Kendrick were my favorites of that time period.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Ryder and Hawkins. The youngest Tag Team Champions in history.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Jeri-Show for sure, perfect combination mastermind and destroyer.
Miz/JoMo was also great, but where can be only 1 winner.

DX fanbabies shut up,dx reunion sucked, and u know it, old dx> this dx. DX is not for a PG rating.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm surprised Deuce and Domino got a vote over Santino and Kozlov. I know both were not very good but I guess I am more biased to the guys from the other side of the track.

Also, am I the only person who believed that believes that Slater and Gabriel were a pretty good team? Not the best team by far compared to others, but they were a good team

1 - 20 of 25 Posts