Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mt personal favorite will always be Lakers/Celtics.

IMO, Bird/Magic had better natural chemistry than anything that WWE has ever been able to script. For it to start in college in what is one of the best college stories ever and end up in the NBA is of legend.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Boxing rivalries always intrigue me...My favourite three are as follows.

Ali / Fraser

Gatti / Ward

Duran / Leonard

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't there real heat between Ali and Frazier to this day

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Isn't there real heat between Ali and Frazier to this day
Nah, they became bezzies in the end. Probs some animosity, but bro I hate to break this to you but Joe Fraser passed away. Ali actually went to the funeral to pay his respects cause they inevitably respected each other.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Frazier hated Ali until he died.

Red Sox/Yankees

Steelers/Cowboys

McGwire/Sosa in 98, if you count that. Fun race to being in the record books.

·
Registered
352 Posts
NFC East
Cowboys/World

I just hate those Redskins, Giants and Eagles. And I hate that people have to love or hate the Cowboys where there is no middle ground. It doesn't have to be that way guys, we can make this a better world.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,164 Posts
Federer/Nadal

Man Utd/Liverpool

AC Milan/Inter Milan

Rangers/Celtic

India/Pakistan cricket rivalry

Real Madrid/Barcelona

·
#63notout
4,196 Posts
Outside of England vs Australia in the Cricket and Australia vs The All Blacks (NZ) in the rugby, I think this is Australian sports biggest rivalry IMO

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
No mention of Steelers/Ravens yet?! Because they fucking can't stand each other.

Reactions: ByTor

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Cowboys/Rest of the NFL

·
Banned
586 Posts
Australia vs England in The Ashes, going strong 130 plus years later

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Baseball

Yankees/Red Sox
Cubs/Cardinals
Giants/Dodgers

NFL

Raiders/Chiefs
Steelers/Ravens
Giants/Eagles

NBA
Heat/Celtics
Celtics/Lakers
Bulls/Pistons

College Football
Alabama/Auburn
Michigan/Ohio State
Oklahoma/Texas

College Basketball
Kentucky/Indiana
Duke/North Carolina

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Ali/Frazer
Barcelona/Real Madrid
Brazil/Argentina
Germany/Netherlands
Celtic/Rangers
England/Australia (cricket)

lol @ the NFL/baseball/basketball mentions.

·
Still the GOAT
4,787 Posts
Manning Vs Brady.

Could you get two individuals at the same time playing at a top five all time level, with both of those individuals competing for power despite being COMPLETE opposites in their entry to the league with Manning being the golden boy touted for success as the number one pick, with Brady being the kid who came in as a 6th round pick out of nowhere. Manning with (five after this year) four MVPs and a ring while Brady has three rings and two MVPs?

Everything is just perfect. The greatest NFL rivalry ever.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Mt personal favorite will always be Lakers/Celtics.

IMO, Bird/Magic had better natural chemistry than anything that WWE has ever been able to script. For it to start in college in what is one of the best college stories ever and end up in the NBA is of legend.
This one is hard to beat, two polar opposites in terms of style and personality but that same vision, selflessness and hunger to win. A Courtship of Rivals is easily one of my fave sports documentaries.

I loved the very brief rivalry in cycling between Contador and Schleck, some of their mountain duels were epic but because of bans /injuries etc they only really were able to square off twice at the Tour when both were at peak form.

Henin and Serena Williams was turning into a really interesting rivalry back when women's tennis wasn't the joke that it is now. I loved Henin's game and have always despised Serena so it was great to have that little window where she was being owned by her on pretty much every surface.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
Yankees/Red Sox
Ohio St./Michigan
Ali/Frazier

1 - 20 of 33 Posts