Wrestling Forum banner

What is the greatest return in WWE history?

• The Rock, RAW (Feb. 14, 2011)

Votes: 37 20.9%
  • Triple H, RAW (Jan. 7, 2002)

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • The Ultimate Warrior, WrestleMania VIII

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Backlash 2000

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • John Cena, Royal Rumble 2008

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Brock Lesnar, RAW (April 2, 2012)

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Bret Hart, Raw (Jan. 4, 2010)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Undertaker, WrestleMania XX

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • nWo, No Way Out 2002

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Ric Flair, Raw (Nov. 19, 2001)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Shawn Michaels, Raw (June 3, 2002)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Chris Jericho, Raw (Sept. 24, 2007)

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Edge, Royal Rumble 2010

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Kane, RAW (Feb. 7, 2000)

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been a lot of great returns in the history of WWE but which one do you think is the best ever?

In my opinion, the best one is The Rock's return in 2011. I think this is the best return and will stay the best return of all time for the next 100 years.

There will never be another star that is as big as The Rock, and even if it will, it's going to be impossible for that star to leave for 7 years, come back still in your prime, cut one of the best promos ever and headline the next 3 WrestleManias.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I'd agree with you OP.

It's The Rocks return in 2011 for me too. I never expected it and i doubt anyone else did (i wasn't on this site at the time). I marked out massively and it took me back to my childhood all over again. I had goosebumps as his music hit and must have rewinded the whole segment etc over 10 times easily.

One of my favourite ever moments. Spine tingling. When i got back into WWE a few months before i would never have imagine anything like that happening so THANK YOU ROCK.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Taker at Judgment Day 2000 is still my favourite
Yeah. I had to pick between the WMXX and The Judgment Day return.

I picked WMXX because that's when The Deadman returned and he stayed with that gimmick for the next decade after that and because his 2000 return was similar to Kane's return.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
There have been many great returns over the years, but I would have to go for HHH's return in 2002 at MSG, the ovation he received was incredible.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Has to be Bret in 2010 or Brock in 2012. Two things I never expected to happen again.

That POP :jpl got at MSG in 2002 was incredible though.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I'm sorry but I gotta go with lesnar returning in 2012. That was something you had to see it to believe it. The crowd that night was amazing and the reactions he got when he came out was epic. A man gone for 8 years returning in that fashion and then beating Cena's ass then night. Literally the night after the rock beat cena and then lesnar returned. I honestly hadn't felt that excited about wrestling in years when it was those 2 nights.

Any Stone cold return is cool but the thing he wasn't gone that long between each return like the backlash 2000 one.

Rock returning in 2011 would be second runner up for me after the lesnar one.

But the lesnar one is the best because the man was gone for 8 fucking years.... and got an amazing reaction and beat that fruity pebble punks ass

Reactions: nWoWcWFan4Life

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I'm sorry but I gotta go with lesnar returning in 2012. That was something you had to see it to believe it. The crowd that night was amazing and the reactions he got when he came out was epic. A man gone for 8 years returning in that fashion and then beating Cena's ass then night. Literally the night after the rock beat cena and then lesnar returned. I honestly hadn't felt that excited about wrestling in years when it was those 2 nights.

Any Stone cold return is cool but the thing he wasn't gone that long between each return like the backlash 2000 one.

Rock returning in 2011 would be second runner up for me after the lesnar one.

But the lesnar one is the best because the man was gone for 8 fucking years.... and got an amazing reaction and beat that fruity pebble punks ass

No likey :cena2 do you?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
John cena's return at 2008.
Totally unexpected, goose pumps in all of my body, I still remember marking like a little kid back then.

Austin's is a close second for me.
The pop he got imho was THE biggest ever in wrestling hstory.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Brock Lesnar. Tremendous pop, unexpected (at least I didn't expect it), and a truly feeling of being seeing something unique, and that things would change for real with Lesnar back.

Only reason why I wouldn't pick Rock coming back in 2011 is because he came back only to host WM. Yes, he ended up wrestling again, but at that exact moment, I didn't feel like it was such a big deal if he only was coming back for some promos.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts