Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go in-depth on this, let's try to focus on stuff that happened at least semi-recently (In the past 5 years, perhaps). If you want to branch out, you can, but there are way too many great moments to choose from then.

What do you think was, in recent memory, the greatest or most compelling moment on RAW? This could be anything from a moment in a match, a whole match, a promo, a clip, a return, you name it.

For me, I have to say that the Summer of Punk in its entirety (the first part of it anyways), was just completely out there. The 'shoot' promo was absolutely fantastic, but I actually thought that this moment was PERFECT. Absolutely perfect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X3w7fMAtH8

The moment in question is CM Punk's return. Now, with hindsight, I kind of wish that his return was postponed a bit. On top of that, feuds with Del Rio, Kevin Nash, and Triple H didn't exactly 'brighten up' the main event spot, but at the time, that return meant everything. It was the ultimate refutation of 10 years of 'Cena overcoming the odds'. It was the same thing as always. A pretty good match, marred by that same ending, and Cena holding that title in the air. Then the static shock, with CM Punk returning a lot faster than most would have expected, holding the title in the air. Without saying a word, the thought in everyone's minds was that it was a new generation. It was time for Cena to step out of the way, something that was even reflected in his (surprisingly great) acting/expression while looking at Punk in the face.

This moment gave us SO MANY possibilities. We could have had

-A tweener Punk facing the same face Cena, and getting put over, in order to cement the 'rebellious' character pushed forward by Punk

-The possibility of a Cena heel turn, to put over the new face of the industry

-The idea that the whole 'I'm leaving the WWE' thing was planned by Punk in order for Triple H to take out McMahon, while in cahoots with Punk

-The idea that Punk was literally going to be a harbinger of change and dismantle the WWE from top to bottom

The end result being Del Rio cashes in on Punk and Kevin Nash feuds with Punk for no reason, while a 'conspiracy' with no fucking explanation and a loss to Triple H, was probably the biggest example of 'fucking something up that has been handed to you on a golden platter'. Great Job Creative. Fuck, scratch that. Great job McMahon, and I'm fucking sorry that you have to deal with that creative.

Your moments?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Ok im gonna say this for the 200th time. CENA. IS. NOT. TURNING. HEEL.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Alliance. SCSA. Beer truck.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Well I wasn't watching for the entirety of the past five years, but the Summer of Punk was so beautiful I could weep just thinking about it. Okaynotreally, but still. That's where my vote goes.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok im gonna say this for the 200th time. CENA. IS. NOT. TURNING. HEEL.
Maybe you wouldn't have to say it over and over again if you read the darn post. I didn't make any claims that Cena is going to turn heel. All I said was that at the time of Punk's return, I believed that it was a possibility. That was exactly a year ago. At this point, I really can't even consider it.

Plus, that was one sentence out of a pretty big post. Are you just hovering over everything to see any mention of a 'Cena heel turn'?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I have an odd choice for mine. It's the Batista/Triple H contract signing where Batista officially turned on Trips. It was weird because everyone saw it coming but I still thoroughly enjoy that segment. Not even a huge fan of either guy but I really liked it.

And the time Orton came out of the cake. :side:

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
I have an odd choice for mine. It's the Batista/Triple H contract signing where Batista officially turned on Trips. It was weird because everyone saw it coming but I still thoroughly enjoy that segment. Not even a huge fan of either guy but I really liked it.
Yeah, that was awesome. The thumbs down with Flair's reaction and the crowd going nuts. That was great. Plus that table EXPLODED when he bombed Haitch through that shit. Shit owned.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Too many to list. Even though I get extremely frustrated product, must admit it has created great moments. I'll go with a recent one. It's a dark segment, but Daniel Bryan @ the RAW after Mania was a great moment for me. I'll never forget it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts