Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggYVC6oUrUc

Honestly, I don't know how you can surpass a moment like this. Out of all the great moments in history, none were greater than Benoit winning the title. But since most of you won't agree with me, what is the greatest moment in Wrestling history IYO?

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Agree with OP, Benoit's title victory is the embodiment of what Wrestlemania - and just wrestling in general - is all about. Sheer impact or shock moments can go to Foley's fall from the Cell or the Montreal Screwjob, but greatest ever emotional moment has to go to Benoit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah Benoit at WMXX is definitely one of the greatest for me too. Good shout. Will post some others when my brain is functioning better.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
Ironically the biggest moment in the WWF/E's history (easily the largest event in WWF/E history is their purchase or collapse of WCW) is quite possibly the worst moment in a lot of respects due to the market becoming stale and the product becoming stagnant as well as the wealth of experienced, seasoned performers drying up.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
agreed OP

it was so fucking emotional .. two guys who worked together all around the world for more than a decade , busting their asses but with no regards to their hard work , they've been called vanilla midgets , band of working dwarfs , kicked out of companies because of politics

but at that night it was so fucking epic , finally after busting their tails they made it to the top , and where ? in MSG , at the biggest event of the year , Wrestlemania

(yeah i took that dialogue from JR's commentary , so what? )

when eddie entered the ring and looked at benoit , and started crying , now that was fucking magic ..

it's a shame what happened years later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts