Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's almost always a conversation going on about the great matches of all time, and many of them are great in part because the performers have a lot of time to tell a story. When you don't have as much time, sucking the crowd into the action and creating a compelling story is extremely difficult. What do you think is the greatest match ever that lasted ten minutes or less?

For me, a strong candidate is Kurt Angle v. Rey Mysterio from SummerSlam 2002. They told an amazing story, the crowd was hot, there were reversals and surprise kickouts, and the whole thing only ran about 9:30.

What do you think?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Squashes~

·
Registered
957 Posts
I dont know the exact time of the match, but is Shelton Benjamin vs HBK from RAW 05 less than ten minutes? I just figured it was since it was on RAW. I'm too lazy to check.

If it is less then ten, then that is the answer.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Recently Punk/Mysterio (WrestleMania) and Bryan/DiBiase (Survivor Series) were great and under 10 minutes. Can't really think of anything that truly stands out off the top of my head, other than Angle/Rey.

I dont know the exact time of the match, but is Shelton Benjamin vs HBK from RAW 05 less than ten minutes? I just figured it was since it was on RAW. I'm too lazy to check.

If it is less then ten, then that is the answer.
No it's not.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I think Ric Flair vs Mr. Perfect went under 10 minutes. So yeah, I'm going with that.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're looking for match times, www.completewwe.com has the match times for just about every WWE PPV until late 2009. A very useful resource.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Not sure about the greatest...but this one was incredibly good short match.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Regal/Bryan. All other answers are wrong.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I think Ric Flair vs Mr. Perfect went under 10 minutes. So yeah, I'm going with that.
I would easily agree with this one, since I love that match. But I'm pretty sure it went over 10 minutes. So I'm going to agree with the OP and say Angle/Mysterio at Summerslam 2002.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Brock Lesnar vs Big Show at Survivor Series 2002 was a pretty enjoyable match and it only lasted a couple of minutes. I know that it isn't exactly a 5 Star classic but the fast paced, hard hitting match fitted the storyline nicely and the quick ending was such a huge surprise, considering it ended both the undefeated streak and the first championship reign of WWE's top guy, Brock Lesnar. It was truly an upset. I remember being really excited watching that match on PPV, anxious to see where the rivalry developed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts