Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Not enough fat guys squashing people. Earthquake's Earthquake Splash, Kamala's Top Rope(!) Splash, and Yokozuna's Banzai Drop would be on my list for sure.

3D, Sid's Powerbomb and HHH's Pedigree are other must haves.

I love Slick Ric and all, but I'd have to put his Figure Four closer to the bottom than the top on a finishers list. That thing had like a 2% success rate. It only worked on jobbers, low carders, and guys who were already knocked out for one reason or another.

·
Registered
859 Posts
In my 30 years of watching I have to say Jake's DDT is number one, so good call out GL! His finisher was truly a huge part of his character and appeal. The fans were conditioned that once it was hit the match was over, and it always was. Furthermore I don't ever remember anyone ever kicking out. He would tease it sometimes and the other guy would counter, but if he did hit it no one kicked out.
Jake did the move twice in one match to the guy in your avatar and Jake still lost clean.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Jake did the move twice in one match to the guy in your avatar and Jake still lost clean.
Does not matter, the DDT was the first, end it finisher. I mean before the DDT a lot of smarks did not know what a finisher was.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not enough fat guys squashing people. Earthquake's Earthquake Splash, Kamala's Top Rope(!) Splash, and Yokozuna's Banzai Drop would be on my list for sure.

3D, Sid's Powerbomb and HHH's Pedigree are other must haves.

I love Slick Ric and all, but I'd have to put his Figure Four closer to the bottom than the top on a finishers list. That thing had like a 2% success rate. It only worked on jobbers, low carders, and guys who were already knocked out for one reason or another.
It does not matter that folks broke out, it matters that people know Ric Flair by the figure four. It was beyond iconic.....and easy in the pantheon of wrestling holds.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Does not matter, the DDT was the first, end it finisher. I mean before the DDT a lot of smarks did not know what a finisher was.
That's not my point. He said he didn't remember anyone kicking out of it and I pointed out that Taker took it twice and still won. I do consider it one of the greatest finishers of all time.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's not my point. He said he didn't remember anyone kicking out of it and I pointed out that Taker took it twice and still won. I do consider it one of the greatest finishers of all time.
No worries

It's still the GOAT.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Am gonna go with Steve Austin's Stone cold stunner as the best finisher alongside Goldberg's spear and jackhammer because it was the two most over finishers in professional wrestling.

Honorable Mentions: Hogan's leg drop, Rock bottom, Rob Van damn's 5 star Frog splash, Bret Hat's sharpshooter

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used to like the Sweet Chin Music. Shawn could hit it any time and it preceded Orton's RKO which he uses similarly.

Shawn could actually make it look like he was kicking a mans face through too. He got plenty of whip from the hips and his face was snarling.

The fact it sometimes came out of nowhere made it that much better for me at the time.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts