Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Mildred Burke is the greatest female wrestler of all time.She has defeated more than 150 men in her career.She was credited with inventing a few wrestling moves.She had a 19 year title reign and won over 5000 matches before losing to June Byers.Mildred Burke was one of the biggest draws of the 30's and 40's.She set up WWWA and helped upcoming female wrestlers like Moolah and Young to become future stars.She was inducted in the inaugural class of 2002 in the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame along with the likes of Lou Thesz,Andre the Giant and Gorgeous George among others.This isn't even debatable.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
:lmao AJ won't surpass Trish even if she somehow improves in the ring & becomes as good as Trish, & even if she becomes as versatile on the mic as Trish, because she won't get to have career defining feuds like Trish had with Lita/Mick/Victoria/Steph & others, & she wouldn't be allowed to take the bumps Trish took.

EDIT: Although Trish isn't as good in the ring as Beth Phoenix or Molly Holly, she makes up for it by being a better actress & better on the mic, so overall, it's Trish.

·
Banned
286 Posts
Mildred Burke is the greatest female wrestler of all time.She has defeated more than 150 men in her career.She was credited with inventing a few wrestling moves.She had a 19 year title reign and won over 5000 matches before losing to June Byers.Mildred Burke was one of the biggest draws of the 30's and 40's.She set up WWWA and helped upcoming female wrestlers like Moolah and Young to become future stars.She was inducted in the inaugural class of 2002 in the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame along with the likes of Lou Thesz,Andre the Giant and Gorgeous George among others.This isn't even debatable.

:clap
You said everything that I wanted to say.As you said,it's not even debatable.

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
By Diva, I'm assuming you mean WWE only

in terms of wrestling skills
1- Bull Nakano
2- Molly Holly
3- Madusa
4- Wendi Richter/Mickie James
5- Jaqueline Moore

now, if I want to look at full packages ( Popularity, Charisma, mic skills, wrestling skills)

1- Trish Stratus
2- Lita
3- Mickie James ( IMO She is better than both Trish and Lita on the mic , ring, acting, and charisma maybe equal to Trish, but she wasn't as near as popular as them, due to being in a weaker era, not having that classic defining feud, although she was still the only diva that ever got reaction from the crowd CONSISTENTLY 2007-2010)
4- Sherri Martel
5- Alundra Blaze

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Mickie James ( IMO She is better than both Trish and Lita on the mic , ring, acting, and charisma maybe equal to Trish, but she wasn't as near as popular as them, due to being in a weaker era, not having that classic defining feud, although she was still the only diva that ever got reaction from the crowd CONSISTENTLY 2007-2010)
Agree with everything you said except this.

Mickie vs Trish is arguably the best Divas feud of all time

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Agree with everything you said except this.

Mickie vs Trish is arguably the best Divas feud of all time
I'd have it second next to Lita vs Trish, It was a fantastic feud, I should have been more clear, I meant that she didn't have a Trish to her Lita ( a defining rival).. She and Melina, or She and Beth could have carried the division and given us much more than what they did but they weren't given the chance to shine like Trish/Lita..

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The obvious choice is Trish and I have to go with it.

Though AJ Lee is incredibly talented. I hated her guts last year, but her work is very strong and she has shown multiple level of depths to her character, her promos and ringwork. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the GOAT, but she is lacking one crucial thing and that is a great rival. None of the current Diva's can match up to her and that is why it is difficult for her to establish herself as the greatest.

At least with Trish you had a equally popular Lita to counter balance her. Then you had a incredible feud with Mickie James. AJ Lee needs a great rival to bring the best out of her.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
AJ Lee is going to be one of the greats(if not the greatest) Diva of all time.She is single handedly carrying the Divas Division.She is good on the mic as well as in the ring.She has proven she is charismatic even when paired up with guys like Cena,Punk and Bryan.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts