Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think this is a good move cause like it or not Buddy Murphy came out of the Aleister Black feud as a star and looked strong in defeat also Paul Heyman definitely sees him as a solid competitor so Buddy aligning himself with Rollins & AOP was a very well put booking cause no one expected that to go down. Mark my words Buddy Murphy will be the breakout star of 2020 under Rollins wing and if he ever turns on him then I see him as a big babyface. Now as for the Royal Rumble Match I see him & AOP cleaning house for the Monday Night Messiah cause he'll definitely have some backup heading into that match!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I only saw the highlights on youtube but every single highlight was a kick strike. I'm so over matches consisting of a lengthy and perpetual exchange of kicks. Never mind flips, kicks are the new flips. There's almost never any actual grappling or chain wrestling sequences in matches anymore because everyone's just rushing to get to their next sequence of kick spots.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I was mad he lost again but him joining Seth as this lost defeated man without a purpose makes sense, he's feeling defeated and looking for something to elevate him perhaps someone to guide him, him joining up with Rollins in this main event heel stable makes all the sense in the world. Especially since they're going with Rollins as this Messiah of Raw, and Rollins saying to him "I understand" should tell you all you need to know, he's gonna lead Murphy into the light and mold him into a successful star. He's gonna take this man who's been defeated and who feels like nothing and guide him and get him to where he wants to be.
With all this Messiah talk and guiding people, is Rollins starting his own cult also since hes with AoP should he be called MoP the Messiah of Pain?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Time will tell, and I will give the storyline a chance. But... I don't like this at all. Murphy was doing fine on his own. Even though he's a "heel", he was getting positive reaction on his matches. Crowds were welcoming to him, win or lose. Applauded his matches. Great entrance theme/song, really good presence in the ring. Excellent seller. He really doesn't need to be in a faction imho. Strangely I look at this as a slight step back, now he's doesn't stand out anymore.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yeah I side on Buddy Murphy being fine on his own too. Unless Heyman has wised up and thought the way to get Vince on side with the talents on the roster is to put them with the guys Vince is madly in love with. The build up and the way it was done was good for WWE so props to them, but I just don’t like Rollins. I was annoyed AOP were already put with him, now Buddy too. As Zappers said, it just makes Buddy look like a cohort when he is growing into a top midcarder in his own right and could grow from there.

I really doubt they would ever go back to it and intertwine it, but I wonder if Buddy gets revenge back on Rowan now for that SD storyline. Although that would probably be twisted as Rollins being the mastermind behind it all then Rollins/Reigns so best off forgotten.

Of course they have time to make something of this and Buddy is so good he can use this as a kickstart, but I just don’t think he needed it. He was steadily on the route up on his own merit, the losses to Black didn’t matter for me as they made each other look great. Murphy having to cow toe to those awful Rollins promo’s, Jesus.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I dont understand why people say he was buried. They had 3 competetive matches and it told a story. And the matches were all good to great. He couldnt beat him on his own, so he joins people where he thinks they can help him.

it is really strange, on the one hand people want more stories and stuff and when they get it they still complain.

give it a couple of weeks before you all start complaining.

Honestly I see a good improvement the last couple of weeks and we finally have less stupid useless matches. Even the Mojo match had its purpose, so he „snaped“ and got the 48/12/neverbeingsave champion.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Yeah I side on Buddy Murphy being fine on his own too. Unless Heyman has wised up and thought the way to get Vince on side with the talents on the roster is to put them with the guys Vince is madly in love with. The build up and the way it was done was good for WWE so props to them, but I just don’t like Rollins. I was annoyed AOP were already put with him, now Buddy too. As Zappers said, it just makes Buddy look like a cohort when he is growing into a top midcarder in his own right and could grow from there.

I really doubt they would ever go back to it and intertwine it, but I wonder if Buddy gets revenge back on Rowan now for that SD storyline. Although that would probably be twisted as Rollins being the mastermind behind it all then Rollins/Reigns so best off forgotten.

Of course they have time to make something of this and Buddy is so good he can use this as a kickstart, but I just don’t think he needed it. He was steadily on the route up on his own merit, the losses to Black didn’t matter for me as they made each other look great. Murphy having to cow toe to those awful Rollins promo’s, Jesus.
I was just looking through the RAW roster. Because he is currently injured(concussion), but I wonder if he was healthy. EC3 would have been a better choice to join Rollin's little group. If there was a guy that needed some TV time, EC3 was that guy. That would have been a better fit imo.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
I only saw the highlights on youtube but every single highlight was a kick strike. I'm so over matches consisting of a lengthy and perpetual exchange of kicks. Never mind flips, kicks are the new flips. There's almost never any actual grappling or chain wrestling sequences in matches anymore because everyone's just rushing to get to their next sequence of kick spots.
But kicks are a real thing in fights, there are entire martial arts disciplines built on kicking. Wrestling has always had brawlers who primarily utilize punches, the biggest star of all time was one, what's the difference between somebody primarily using kicks?

·
Registered
580 Posts
But kicks are a real thing in fights, there are entire martial arts disciplines built on kicking. Wrestling has always had brawlers who primarily utilize punches, the biggest star of all time was one, what's the difference between somebody primarily using kicks?
Over-saturation is the issue. Aleister Black would appear infinitely better if he wasn't merely just a more interesting looking guy utilising a moveset that has many similarities with the vast majority of the roster. Like anything, moderation is key. Too many people doing too many kicks diminishes the impact someone like Black can make with his style. The same does apply for punch striking, but in Austin's day, there was more stylistic variation across the entire roster and not too many people utilising striking to the degree that Austin was.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
It was the most creative “recruitment angle” in recent memory.

• two independent storylines intersected in a way that hasn’t been done before
  • not a single word was spoken into a mic
WWE‘s overscripted storytelling doesn’t sound natural because they’re memorising lines... but when they tell stories non-verbally by showing you, that’s when they do their best work.

I think this is the future for WWE.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
just cuz someone is in a stable doesn't mean he's not a jobber, that he somehow magically stopped being a loser geek and became relevant just cuz he joined some random morons lol, in fact it makes them EVEN MORE of geeks,jokes etc,cuz they are now cowards, not just jobbers and losers
You’re right, he is a flippity enhancement talent right now.

Black moves up the card by winning matches, while Buddy loses and joins a faction.

But I’d argue Buddy is in the better position.

A loser who is also a coward bowing to the messiah is infinitely more interesting than a loser who is just another flippity guy.

That’s a chance for character development. Buddy now has several months of backstage segments with Rollins coming up, and AOP can’t talk so Buddy will be a central character on the show.

That means he’s significantly greater chance of developing an actual character, which means people might care about him in a few months, and if that happens, his role will be elevated accordingly.

Way better than him being the resident flippity enhancement guy...

And IMO it’s a better upward pathway than Black who needs to be booked to win fake matches to get over with the smarks. Black’s character gimmick has already run it’s course, at best he’ll be like Bray Wyatt at his worst when he was rambling generic babble every week in a spooky voice. Without a good character, Black’s wins won’t take him very far, whereas Buddy is now married to the former FOTC who recently turned heel and has nobody to bounce off on the mic.

·
Banned
499 Posts
You’re right, he is a flippity enhancement talent right now.

Black moves up the card by winning matches, while Buddy loses and joins a faction.

But I’d argue Buddy is in the better position.

A loser who is also a coward bowing to the messiah is infinitely more interesting than a loser who is just another flippity guy.

That’s a chance for character development. Buddy now has several months of backstage segments with Rollins coming up, and AOP can’t talk so Buddy will be a central character on the show.

That means he’s significantly greater chance of developing an actual character, which means people might care about him in a few months, and if that happens, his role will be elevated accordingly.

Way better than him being the resident flippity enhancement guy...

And IMO it’s a better upward pathway than Black who needs to be booked to win fake matches to get over with the smarks. Black’s character gimmick has already run it’s course, at best he’ll be like Bray Wyatt at his worst when he was rambling generic babble every week in a spooky voice. Without a good character, Black’s wins won’t take him very far, whereas Buddy is now married to the former FOTC who recently turned heel and has nobody to bounce off on the mic.
they are both in the exact same position, random jobber geeks who don't matter. only difference is one is a face and other is a heel lol

pathetic loser who can't win a match joins a cult out of desperation, some ''character'' -.-

we'll see, I don't think people are ever going to care about freakin buddy murphy,maybe if he won world title or something, but as a heel generic lackey number 399000? nope

they are both enhancement guys, aleister at least wins a match once in a while (albeit against a nobody lol so..)

yea,black sucks and is extremelly boring on the mic, his ''character'' and promos are cringe galore, dunno if it's cuz he's genuinelly poor mic worker or the nonsensical annoying fake badass promos that those mongoloids feed him, may be both.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
To me everything about this made sense.

We complain all the time about 50/50 booking. Aleister and Buddy had 3 great matches with Aleister going over all 3 times, making him look really strong. Buddy is distraught because while he came closer than anyone to beating Aleister, he couldn't get the job done. So he's essentially broken, willing to follow anyone at this point, and Seth comes in a desperate moment and convinces him to help him.

So you avoid 50/50 booking, Aleister looks strong, Buddy goes from one feud to another effortlessly, Seth's group grows. Everything works.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
He's decent in the mid card and that's alright, he's perfect for the role. I'm glad they are adding to the faction, that's why I love factions, add more guys and get more guys over I'm all for it.

The next step should be involving Aleister Black in the feud, he can be a main eventer. Get him involved. I'm enjoying this storyline a lot and if it ends with Joe (or Owens) as UV champion even better. Heel Rollins is the way to go.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,536 Posts
Do you hate him that much?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
No I see Murphy as a Curt Hawkins lookalike but, wasn't Natalya a good choice as valet for Cesaro in that team...?
So why not again.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts