Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure he lost to Black for the 3rd time. After all that, he was the one to get elevated up the card into a main event stable. Rollins' faction now has the ability to hold all the gold some point this year. Feel this is a good sign Murphy will be US Champion some time during the year, which is a great move for him.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
They're so stupid. You have a guy join a main event faction, so what is the first thing you do? Beat him immediately before so that people know he's a geek. Brilliant. This is why nobody watches anymore.
not if its the reason he joins. hes beat and tired. he gave it his all and it wasnt enough on a skill level.

·
Team AEW
2,796 Posts
All the gold? Let's not go that far. We had enough of Seth Rollins as world champion so far, let's not push it. And I don't like him being Seth's lackey. I'd rather they do a sympathetic redemption story with him, because the guy really got over just based on wrestling Daniel Bryan and Aleister Black. Why not continue and tell some story with him, why just rush him into this pointless heel 101 group? I don't understand it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,545 Posts
They're so stupid. You have a guy join a main event faction, so what is the first thing you do? Beat him immediately before so that people know he's a geek. Brilliant. This is why nobody watches anymore.
I was mad he lost again but him joining Seth as this lost defeated man without a purpose makes sense, he's feeling defeated and looking for something to elevate him perhaps someone to guide him, him joining up with Rollins in this main event heel stable makes all the sense in the world. Especially since they're going with Rollins as this Messiah of Raw, and Rollins saying to him "I understand" should tell you all you need to know, he's gonna lead Murphy into the light and mold him into a successful star. He's gonna take this man who's been defeated and who feels like nothing and guide him and get him to where he wants to be.

Rollins has now taken an irrelevant AOP and made them a big deal, he's now taken a defeated Murphy and gonna elevate him to a higher status and turn his career around. Thats what they're doing with Rollins right now, he's leading these young new guys and acting as their messiah and helping them, so it makes sense he wants people whos defeated and looking for guidance.

Its actually great storytelling from WWE for once.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,089 Posts
It was fantastic. He gave it his all and still couldn't beat Black. Btw the match was fantastic and both guys looked great, anyone saying Murphy looks like a geek for losing, wtf.

Anyway, he was at his lowest point emotionally and that's when Rollins reached out to him for help. And it made sense for him to join the powerful faction. Losing to Black made him realize maybe he can't get the job done by himself, so now he'll have some strong backup.

Also, he might just be a lackey now but c'mon. They can run with this group for a while, before having Murphy finally break away as a face and go over heel Rollins, becoming a bigger star then than he is now.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,524 Posts
Four people is much for a group with two big bears like AOP. They should have put Natalya as his valet, and that's all...

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I even didn't know he was there after his match against Black,nice play out.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,524 Posts
While it is a promising start for Murphy's benefit it's unwise to have him job out to Black in the rubber match he lost 3 times in a row to him, Credibility has to count for something in wrestling and he has very little of it, Him joining Seth & AOP was more reassurance than anything not a sign saying he's getting a massive push so to me Heyman hasn't given up on him just yet.

It's a good move overall just executed poorly i would have made a little sacrifice for Raw's booking this week taking out Ricochet/Mojo and Viking Raiders squashing the Singh's to make Black/Murphy 3 into a 30min Ironman match that deserved a ppv spot but wasn't going to happen it would have been ideal for both men with Black winning and making Murphy looking strong in defeat then joining Seth during the main event.

·
Banned
458 Posts
if only this was true lol, unfortunately they are still watched by millions (and that's just freaking tv lol) so they will continue to do this and worse pathetic nonsensical booking

Rollins has now taken an irrelevant AOP and made them a big deal, he's now taken a defeated Murphy and gonna elevate him to a higher status and turn his career around. Thats what they're doing with Rollins right now, he's leading these young new guys and acting as their messiah and helping them, so it makes sense he wants people whos defeated and looking for guidance.

Its actually great storytelling from WWE for once.
u r trollin right"? AOP, two guys who look like killer monsters but are in fact pussies who need that annoying jobber's ''guidance'' are big deal"?! like, literally wtf lol, it's the opposite, seth devalued them (even tho they didn't have much value before, but still, they weren't THIS buried and irrelevant). murphy especially lol, he's lucky if he wins us title and that would still meaning literally nothing cuz that ''title'' is literally meaningless and beyond irrelevant
no, it's terrible and cringe storytelling as per usual,c'mon guys :SS legit can't believe some people like this ''storyline''

anyone saying Murphy looks like a geek for losing, wtf.
yeaah mate, like wtf, how,just HOW can someone who lost 3 FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW to somebody (during a period of less than 2 months,no less,lol) be considered a GEEK?! these fuckin smarks man smh -.-
(irony)

Losing to Black made him realize maybe he can't get the job done by himself, so now he'll have some strong backup.
and that is precisely the reason why he's a fuckin geek (beside being buried,ie losing 3 times in a row to same guy lol,dunno which one is worse)

just cuz someone is in a stable doesn't mean he's not a jobber, that he somehow magically stopped being a loser geek and became relevant just cuz he joined some random morons lol, in fact it makes them EVEN MORE of geeks,jokes etc,cuz they are now cowards, not just jobbers and losers

smh people on here.. :((( zero logic everywhere

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
if only this was true lol, unfortunately they are still watched by millions (and that's just freaking tv lol) so they will continue to do this and worse pathetic nonsensical booking
It goes down every year. They used to hit 8's in the ratings. By 2023, they'll be doing the same audience as AEW. By 2028, they'll be doing the same audience as Impact.

·
Banned
458 Posts
It goes down every year. They used to hit 8's in the ratings. By 2023, they'll be doing the same audience as AEW. By 2028, they'll be doing the same audience as Impact.
I just posted in other thread post regarding this topic. anyway, I'd say you're being fairly optimistic in your prognosis lol, I expect them to get sub 0.5 rating in about 20 to 30 years, not less. I just can't see it. I know they used to hit much much bigger ratings but everyhing on tv did, 2 to 3 mil nowadays is considered pretty good,or at least relatively good rating (maybe even 1 million), almost nothing outside of nba playoffs,major hits that happen rarely like GOT and couple of other things get like 10 mil plus viewers etc..so,again,hope u r right but sadly I'm afraid they'll still be getting these exact ratings for years to come, and networks that they are on will be satisfied :(

·
Banned
458 Posts
so yea, maybe it goes down every year,but very,veery slowly..

1 - 20 of 68 Posts