Wrestling Forum banner

Great O-Khan: "We Felt That AEW is Full of Unrefined, Ill-Educated Indy Wrestlers"

3285 71
During an interview with WrestleInn, Great O-Khan was very blunt about his thoughts on AEW. However, he was impressed with MJF, in spite of not knowing who he was before coming to America. A revered New Japan wrestler saying this publicly once again reinforces the notion that charisma, personality, and microphone skills trump mindless spots.

Full interview: Dominating New Japan and Beyond: An Interview with Great-O-Khan
Reactions: Dreo and Upstart474
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
*coin drop*
14,187 Posts
He is kayfabing like most of the NJPW guys and like MJF saying NJPW is the worst promotion in the world. Kayfabe is still alive in Japan and O-Khan is a heel. He also calls NJPW wrestlers 'unrefined', it's part of his gimmick of being the GREAT. Most wrestlers there stick to their characters in the press like MJF does in America. Notice O-Khan refers to himself as 'we'. Literally, the entire interview is in-character and he says 'we care not' about the NJPW/Stardom crossover event.

Babyfaces Okada and Tanahashi have praised AEW. Tanahashi said he wants Orange Cassidy at the Tokyo Dome and thinks he'd get a great reaction.

This is what MJF said in-character:

"It's a garbage promotion, dogsh*t, and the fact that people still talk about it like it's a thing is hilarious to me, whatever. [Kazuchika] Okada No. 2? Is that what is was with PWI 500? I don't think I've heard that guy's name since 2014. Who gives a sh*t?"

6,089 Posts
Can you guys seriously not recognize a wrestler maintaining character in the press? I mean, I get that it hasn't been a thing in America for a while now but pros in other places still care.

It's a big part of what makes MJF special in the mainstream American scene - he keeps it old school with kayfabe and that's why he can pull off elaborate works that garner attention - he blurs the lines and leaves people guessing what's real.

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Jesus fucking Christ! Haha

Y’all will believe anything you read from wrestlers. It’s called “working”. Goddamn. 😂😂😂

Reactions: $Dolladrew$

·
I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,219 Posts
While yes 5 star was worked okhan isn't entirely wrong. There's a reason why MJF is the strongest of the pillars and Sammy and Jungle Boy are the weaker of the pillars.

Darby allin and MJF have something unique and magnetic about them

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,310 Posts
I would think that he is in character since he seems snobby from that interview.

·
Registered
26,093 Posts
During an interview with WrestleInn, Great O-Khan was very blunt about his thoughts on AEW. However, he was impressed with MJF, in spite of not knowing who he was before coming to America. A revered New Japan wrestler saying this publicly once again reinforces the notion that charisma, personality, and microphone skills trump mindless spots.
View attachment 134469

Full interview: Dominating New Japan and Beyond: An Interview with Great-O-Khan
i hope you understand this is kayfabe - otherwise that would be embarrassing for you

especially in front of all your Wrestling Forum class mates

·
Registered
Member of Chelsea WFireflies/WFyatt Family/whatever. In Chelsea we trust.
1,620 Posts
Great O Khan the Chinese hopping Zombie. Say what you want about Tony but he did pay a Buddhist Monk to place a spell tome on a piece of Paper to get o’Khans body to move by itself to New Japan. Either that or he absorbed Tony’s Qi and got high as a kite and started burying AEW.

What a surprise a guy who’s popular in Japan is hated on this forum.

·
Registered
Member of Chelsea WFireflies/WFyatt Family/whatever. In Chelsea we trust.
1,620 Posts
For those that dont know, hes one of the fat bald slobs that came over from NJPW and contributed with nothing of interest.
Well 90 percent of AEW roster are small skinny fat bald guys in black trunks. Great O’Khans a stiff corpse so he can’t do godly gymnastics due to Riga Mortis setting in

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
i hope you understand this is kayfabe - otherwise that would be embarrassing for you

You know he legit believed it.

·
Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

That's rich coming from the guy who was LOUD AND WRONG about literally everything backstage this year 😂. Take a break on telling us what's fake for at least 3 months.

·
Baby It's Violence
12,040 Posts
This is pretty on brand for his character, I mean he was basically like the outside foreigners in AEW and positioned as heels so this would fall right in line with that. It would seem weird for him to shit on the entire roster in a non-kayfabe fashion though.

If you wanna use this for agenda pushing that most of the wrestling in AEW blows or something, be my guest I suppose.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts