Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WM 30 was definitely one to remember, a huge and vocal crowd, the ending of the streak and two big moments for Bryan. But apart from "moments", something which WM has lacked for the last 3 to 4 outings, were the matches of any quality?

Watching the Lesnar/Taker match, it seemed as if neither guys heart was in it and it was far too slow and plodding, especially when we know both guys can do so much better. Also, the burning question I have, was it necessary for Lesnar to end Taker's streak? Yes I know it had to come to an end at some point and I know Taker probably doesn't have much longer left in the business but possibly it could have gone to a super star on the rise, someone who is a "full timer" and can build a legacy from here on in. Lesnar isn't always around and is past his peak. What wast he point of putting him over the Taker?

May be if Punk had he could have been the guy? Then again, he never seemed to be given that shot. I can't see too many of the younger talent having been built to take Takers streak, which means it could have lasted for one more year?

The other matches all seemed ok, but the highlight was seeing Bryan throw himself all over the place. He is always electrifying to watch and although I'm not a mega fan I'm happy he has gotten over massively. Both his matches were probably solid sevens and created great moments.

Cena and Bray...Bray is an intriguing performer but I've never been a fan of Cena's work between the ropes. He isn't quick or agile and he can't always sell his moves that well cos he seems to botch them up so many times. Bray saved the match but still....not great match in the whole PPV.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this more than 29 but it's almost as if the whole event was designed to make headlines with little substance. It's not a complaint, just an observation as the moments, especially breaking the streak will not be forgotten for a long time.

What did you guys think? Is there any match that can be singled out as being great?

· Registered
998 Posts
WM 30 was definitely one to remember, a huge and vocal crowd, the ending of the streak and two big moments for Bryan. But apart from "moments", something which WM has lacked for the last 3 to 4 outings, were the matches of any quality?

Watching the Lesnar/Taker match, it seemed as if neither guys heart was in it and it was far too slow and plodding, especially when we know both guys can do so much better. Also, the burning question I have, was it necessary for Lesnar to end Taker's streak? Yes I know it had to come to an end at some point and I know Taker probably doesn't have much longer left in the business but possibly it could have gone to a super star on the rise, someone who is a "full timer" and can build a legacy from here on in. Lesnar isn't always around and is past his peak. What wast he point of putting him over the Taker?

May be if Punk had he could have been the guy? Then again, he never seemed to be given that shot. I can't see too many of the younger talent having been built to take Takers streak, which means it could have lasted for one more year?

The other matches all seemed ok, but the highlight was seeing Bryan throw himself all over the place. He is always electrifying to watch and although I'm not a mega fan I'm happy he has gotten over massively. Both his matches were probably solid sevens and created great moments.

Cena and Bray...Bray is an intriguing performer but I've never been a fan of Cena's work between the ropes. He isn't quick or agile and he can't always sell his moves that well cos he seems to botch them up so many times. Bray saved the match but still....not great match in the whole PPV.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this more than 29 but it's almost as if the whole event was designed to make headlines with little substance. It's not a complaint, just an observation as the moments, especially breaking the streak will not be forgotten for a long time.

What did you guys think? Is there any match that can be singled out as being great?
I think Hunter vs Bryan and the ME were both great matches. Especially the ME which had some really close calls and the RKOBomb through the table was pretty awesome.

· Banned
1,663 Posts
We now know that the reason Taker/Lesnar was subpar was due to Taker's injury.

· Registered
23,227 Posts
I highly enjoyed the matches too, which is the most important part for me.

HHH/Bryan was excellent, Taker/Brock was decent, the battle royal and Shield squash were fun, Cena/Wyatt was very good and the main event was wonderful. Three matches on the four star area for me. Can't ask for more.

· Registered
331 Posts
The opener was outstanding, I thought. I'd go so far as to call it flawless. The main event was hardly a technical showcase, but it was breathtaking nonetheless and as heart-stopping a match as you could experience.

And even though the wrong man went over, Cena/Wyatt was a good match with some really interesting moments throughout.

· I AM SO KAFKAESQUE
2,048 Posts
Watching the Lesnar/Taker match, it seemed as if neither guys heart was in it and it was far too slow and plodding, especially when we know both guys can do so much better.
No, Undertaker can't do better anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this more than 29 but it's almost as if the whole event was designed to make headlines with little substance
Substance? What are you going on about? If all you want is workrates and combat, go watch puroresu.

· Registered
4,592 Posts
The main event was phenomenal.

The HHH/Bryan match was very good.

Battle Royal was a lot of fun. Shield match was also a lot of fun (dead crowd sucked tho). Bray/Cena was different, but also entertaining to watch.

There may not have been what you consider a typical 5 star match, but there were still very strong matches, and amazing moments.

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
Wyatt/Cena was great and MOTN in my book. Bryan/HHH was great as well, so was the triple threat.

· Registered
4,209 Posts
While not part of the official show, the prematch tag title 4-way was extremely good ... gave each team time to stretch its legs, so to speak, still had great spots and actually gave us a storyline out of the ending.

· Registered
909 Posts
I loved Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. Everything about that match was quality to me, and I really enjoyed the main event too. Cena vs. Wyatt was also very good for the storytelling alone and the battle royal was cool in parts with a great moment at the end. For me, it's the best Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania XXIV for sure.

· Registered
2,186 Posts
There were good matches. No great ones in my personal opinion. Cena vs Wyatt was great from a psychology perspective, but Cena overran a couple spots and overall the match could have been paced a little better.

Didn't like Bryan vs HHH that much. Some really big bumps followed by Bryan really carrying the pacing of the match. I will always give HHH credit for being willing to take some potentially hazardous bumps, but overall the match was just too damned slow with Bryan carrying the pace.

Divas match was cool, but it was all spots really.

Tag match didn't pick up until the Real Americans and Usos were the only teams remaining.

Taker vs Lesnar suffered from the injuries. It started out looking like they were going to pace it slow and pick it up over the course of the match. The injury ruined that and turned it into a no paced brawl. Injuries suck that way.

The final match was good in that it had some really excellent moments. I give big ups to Orton for landing on that monitor and not missing a beat. The man is a machine when he's motivated. Wasn't a GREAT match as most triple threat matches aren't, but it was really good.

The battle royal was a massive clusterfuck that like usually was awful until only 5 or so remained. Would have rather Ziggler been in the final 3, but whatever. It served its purpose of pushing Cesaro a bit while recreating that Andre Hogan moment as best they could.

All in all it was a good Mania. It wasn't epic and I won't watch it again, but it wasn't bad and I'm not complaining even though it may seem like I am. I did enjoy it, but not a great match to be found from my point of view.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
cena vs wyatt was great, bryan vs hhh was good and the rest was below par and all forgotten about with the end of the streak

· Banned
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i liked every single match actually
No, Undertaker can't do better anymore.

Substance? What are you going on about? If all you want is workrates and combat, go watch puroresu.
Wyatt/Cena was great and MOTN in my book. Bryan/HHH was great as well, so was the triple threat.
Substance, great technical work, good pace, real wrestling moves, great performances.

i dunno, maybe you guys are too young to remember but great matches in the past consisted of HBK/Hart, Stone cold/ Rock, Lesnar/Angle, Hogan/Rock, TLC matches from years gone by. I can't see anything last night that came sloe to matching those heights so they can't be great matches, unless you want to lessen the meaning of great.

There were good matches. No great ones in my personal opinion. Cena vs Wyatt was great from a psychology perspective, but Cena overran a couple spots and overall the match could have been paced a little better.

Didn't like Bryan vs HHH that much. Some really big bumps followed by Bryan really carrying the pacing of the match. I will always give HHH credit for being willing to take some potentially hazardous bumps, but overall the match was just too damned slow with Bryan carrying the pace.

Divas match was cool, but it was all spots really.

Tag match didn't pick up until the Real Americans and Usos were the only teams remaining.

Taker vs Lesnar suffered from the injuries. It started out looking like they were going to pace it slow and pick it up over the course of the match. The injury ruined that and turned it into a no paced brawl. Injuries suck that way.

The final match was good in that it had some really excellent moments. I give big ups to Orton for landing on that monitor and not missing a beat. The man is a machine when he's motivated. Wasn't a GREAT match as most triple threat matches aren't, but it was really good.

The battle royal was a massive clusterfuck that like usually was awful until only 5 or so remained. Would have rather Ziggler been in the final 3, but whatever. It served its purpose of pushing Cesaro a bit while recreating that Andre Hogan moment as best they could.

All in all it was a good Mania. It wasn't epic and I won't watch it again, but it wasn't bad and I'm not complaining even though it may seem like I am. I did enjoy it, but not a great match to be found from my point of view.
Pretty much agree with this whole post. A good wrestlemania, especially with the last few underpowered shows.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.