Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me some that come to mind are
The Hardyz vs. The Dudley Boyz in a Tables Match at Royal Rumble 2000, it was definitely overshadowed by the HHH/Foley street fight.

Also, Taker vs. Orton at WM21 was one of Orton's better matches in the WWE but was heavily overshadowed by the original MITB and Kurt/HBK.

What other matches could you add to the list?

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Hardyz vs MNM at December to Dismember, perhaps the only good match on the card, but everyone always remembers that PPV for the train wreck of a main event.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Vengeance 05-Angle vs HBK and Cena/Jericho/Christian were both great matches but were overshadowed by Batista vs HHH(hell in a cell)

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
The original John Cena Vs Batista match from Summer-Slam 2008 springs to mind when I read the topic. I really thought it was a horrible idea to have that huge type of match before the Undertaker Vs Edge which was happening for the 34850573037058035839589309 time. Batista Vs Cena was a pretty good match but was outshined by the Hell in the Cell match with Edge/Taker.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,561 Posts
Undertaker/Flair WM 18 was overshadowed by Hogan/Rock.

Rock/Brock and RVD/Benoit at Summerslam 02 by Triple H/Shawn's Street Fight.

Taker/Edge WM 24 by HBK/Flair

HHH/HBK/Benoit #2 at Backlash 04 by Orton/Foley

the 2003 Royal Rumble Match itself (One of my personal favorite Rumbles ever) by Angle/Benoit

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
- Cena/Batista was overshadowed by Michaels/Taker at WrestleMania 26.
- Lesnar/Angle was overshadowed by both Jericho/Michaels & Austin/Rock 3 at WrestleMania 19.
- Hardy/HHH was overshadowed by the Jericho/Michaels Ladder Match at No Mercy 2008.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts