Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Underated Matches

what would you say is an example of an underated match , a match that wasnt given enough credit by wrestling fans?

my choice would be Randy Orton , Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle triple threat match at WM22 , great match but not a lot of people said it was any good.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Re: Underated Matches

I won't name any specifics, but right now, a lot of matches on Superstars are really good, in fact a lot have more spots and sometimes more technical wrestling than on RAW and SmackDown.
Figured I would add that to the thread.

·
Banned
914 Posts

I won't name any specifics, but right now, a lot of matches on Superstars are really good, in fact a lot have more spots and sometimes more technical wrestling than on RAW and SmackDown.
Figured I would add that to the thread.
Yeah, that Tyson Kidd lad is a solid worker. He clearly demonstrates to you the technical part in technical wrestling. He also isn't some pretentious goof who tries to show off his so called wrestling "techniques" by sloppily applying rest holds like an untrained Tough Enough contestant EVERYTIME he does it.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts

Yeah, that Tyson Kidd lad is a solid worker. He clearly demonstrates to you the technical part in technical wrestling. He also isn't some pretentious goof who tries to show off his so called wrestling "techniques" by sloppily applying rest holds like an untrained Tough Enough contestant EVERYTIME he does it.
:lol.

wat.

·
**** Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts

This might be a bit out there, but..

Steve Austin, Mankind, Owen Hart & Chainsaw Charlie vs Triple H Billy Gunn, Jesse James AKA Road Dogg, & Savio Vega, Hardcore Tag Team Match - No Way Out 1998

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts

Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel/Heath Slater vs The Usos/Trent Baretta - Superstars May '11
Drew McIntyre vs Chris Masters - Superstars '11

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

- Triple H vs. Chris Jericho for the Undisputed Championship at Wrestlemania X8
- Triple H vs. Kevin Nash in a Sledgehammer Ladder match at TLC
- The Miz vs. Alex Riley at Capitol Punishment
- Most of the stuff on Superstars and NXT is also pretty good

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

what would you say is an example of an underated match , a match that wasnt given enough credit by wrestling fans?
rocknsock/too cool vs dx/radicals gets brought up a lot

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts

RVD vs. Chris Jericho for the Hardcore title from Unforgiven 01 and Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit from Unforgiven 02 are underrated or at least under-appreciated gems imo that hardly ever get talked about.

·
Banned
914 Posts

RVD vs. Chris Jericho for the Hardcore title from Unforgiven 01 and Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit from Unforgiven 02 are underrated or at least under-appreciated gems imo that hardly ever get talked about.
That's probably because they would eventually have a better match just 4 months later.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Every Angle/Benoit match is gold but Unforgiven 2002 is just a masterpiece, besides the finish with the ropes it's a perfect match I can watch every day. They had unbelievable chemistry, the two best of all time.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts

^
The Unforgiven match may be the best heel vs. heel match too. Excellent psychology with both men trying to out-wrestle and out-cheat each other.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts

TLC match on RAW 2002 that included Kane winning the title on his own. Such a shame that match is forgettable due to the awful Katie Vick feud.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

^
The Unforgiven match may be the best heel vs. heel match too. Excellent psychology with both men trying to out-wrestle and out-cheat each other.
No doubt. There's nothing like an intense mat wrestling match between Angle and Benoit.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Tajiri vs. Billy Kidman from Backlash 2002. It may not be a 5-star match, but they made the fans care about the Cruiserweight Championship and division by sheer in-ring awesomeness in this bout.

Triple H vs. Edge vs. John Cena from Backlash 2006 is an all-action, intense triple threat for the WWE Championship that often gets forgotten also.

I'll echo the Angle vs. Benoit Unforgiven 2002 sentiments as well, that match is amazing.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts