·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Dalnath

·
PILLMAN 9mm
1,726 Posts
I never knew he got his finisher from Dean Malenko.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I see The Miz becoming one of those go too guys, he has a good look that the others don't (he's small which works if your pushing a more 'healthy' image) he's very charismatic and he is used to being infront of a camera. And most of all, the important thing he has that 90% of the roster don't, the thing that will keep him a main eventer is that he is UTTERLY dedicated to doing his job. If Vince says " I need someone to go do an interview or host an event" Miz has almost constantly been doing these things in the past 2 or so years.

He's also someone you can count on to not embaress the company, he's never done anything wrong, you never hear "The Miz was a giant cock backstage and people hate him"

So yeah considering all that I think that Miz is totally going to be one of those guys, considering he has been basically for the longest time.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
This interview feels very directed.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Good interview, very informative. It is indeed plain as day that Miz is becoming one of those guys for Vince who will stop at nothing to promote the company at any time.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
This is really a good interview. People need to listen to this. Probably one of the better interviews I've heard from a guy that's STILL under WWE contract.

I even gained respect for Miz listening to this.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I've never heard of Bill Simmons but I'll give this interview a try seeing as it's got rave reviews from you guys.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Tell me they are being a little tongue in cheek with mike constantly flitting kayfabe on and off, cuz this interview....annoys me. And not the content, just mike himself. Maybe he's right, people do like him more as the miz.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Nice interview. The Miz really is like John Cena - he'll do anything it takes to help promote WWE. Some people call it being a kiss ass and playing politics. I call it being a work horse and showing dedication to your job.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
John Cena sold his character out and will never be fully respected by the fanbase at large. But it's good to see a guy stay the same and do whatever it takes to be on top....

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I just wish Miz had the talent level to support his work ethic. I've never denied that the guy works hard, but it's just not good enough so far.

A guy with a work ethic like that is a guy I WANT to support. But the results aren't there.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I just wish Miz had the talent level to support his work ethic. I've never denied that the guy works hard, but it's just not good enough so far.

A guy with a work ethic like that is a guy I WANT to support. But the results aren't there.
Might as well ask you this. At what level of talent would The Miz have to be for you to support him?

·
Canuck
4,763 Posts

He's still improving at a rapid rate. I think he'll be putting up good matches in 2011. This interview was GREAT thoroughly entertained. This would be a good interview to listen to if you DISLIKE The Miz because it shows you he's candid and really in it for the love of the sport and is very passionate about honing his craft.

·
Registered
887 Posts
The Miz is an absolute mark for the WWE, fair play to the kid for living his dream and being at the top. From watching him stumble his way through diva searches back in 2005 ( or 2006?) I can honestly say he's the most improved wrestler and entertainer in the WWE. You just know he watched WWE from an early age and he is dedicated to making his character work.

In fact, I don't even think the Miz is that much of a character. His promos since last year have been about his boyhood dream and people not wanting him in the WWE, he is pretty much the Miz. As I said, fair play to the kid. He promotes WWE in a great way and he's doing what he wanted to do from a young age. Kudos.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I agree, Thumpa, with your point, and have been saying this as well. Miz is actually in the tradition of the current Cena, Austin, Rock, etceteras in at least one way, which is that his on-air character is really just an exaggerated version of himself. It's one reason why it works so well for so many people, because it just feels both overtly and subtextually truthful.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts