Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
No revamping, Dirty Dutch, FUCK THAT. Throw the damn thing In the trash and find the TV belt you threw in there and bring that back

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Why is having a simple TV Title with time limit matches so damn hard?

Seems like I've been asking myself this question for a decade now.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Premium Member
44,383 Posts
Yeah this round and points system just isn't working and hasn't worked.

Its a shame too because the belt looks really nice actually, lol.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A rework to classic tv title would work with a simple 15/20 minute time limit on the matches.

Hell, stick with current rules but make Round 1 10 minutes and final 2 rounds 5 minutes each. Ive read Pride FC used to do 10 minute Round 1s in mma so its doable.

Scrap the ringside judges and if it ends in a time limit, either have a classic Champion retains to time limit draw or give the judges decision to Dutch or Prichard.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If they want to keep the Grand Championship gimmicky then turning it into something like the FCW 15 Championship with 15 minute Ironman matches wouldn't be a bad idea. It would differentiate it from the X and World Championships whilst potentially providing some good matches (which the Grand Championship format has failed miserably to provide).

·
Registered
580 Posts
No revamping, Dirty Dutch, FUCK THAT. Throw the damn thing In the trash and find the TV belt you threw in there and bring that back
That's even worse. TV title should stay dead!
Grand Championship sounds much better, the title looks good. They just need to change the concept.

If they want to keep the Grand Championship gimmicky then turning it into something like the FCW 15 Championship with 15 minute Ironman matches wouldn't be a bad idea. It would differentiate it from the X and World Championships whilst potentially providing some good matches (which the Grand Championship format has failed miserably to provide).
I always thought that's a good idea. You can even make it 30minutes for a big match.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
The other problem is there is no actual division, they don't do other matches with rounds other than the title matches themselves.

I would just go with 15 minute time limit matches, maybe 20 for title matches. If they wanna keep the rounds they can do 2 10 minute rounds and if there's a split decision go to sudden death but only use 1 judge.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's even worse. TV title should stay dead!
Grand Championship sounds much better, the title looks good. They just need to change the concept.

I always thought that's a good idea. You can even make it 30minutes for a big match.
It's a shame how IMPACT shat the bed with the TV Championship because it's such a simple thing to get right. You give it a 10/15 minute time limit. You have it defended regularly. You put it on guys who you think should be World Champions within say a year (ironically someone like Moose) or your better mic workers (like Eli Drake) and you let them do their thing. It could have been a good way to balance out the midcard with the X-Division Championship being your Meltzer/workrate belt and the TV Championship being used to put over characters. Alas LOLTNA didn't want us to have something nice.

In terms of the Grand Championship as it's constituted now it's been an absolute dud. Aron Rex was champ (lol) he went nowhere with it then they built a story where he was screwing Godderz over but for some reason they randomly gave it to Moose who is arguably worse off now than when he got the Title it's a mess. It feels like he only wins against undercard guys then he gets outwrestled by anyone who is booked to be a threat yet he somehow wins by decision. Nobody gets over and you've essentially just wasted 9 minutes of TV time. Plus it's not like those 9 minutes at the very least had decent Wrestling because it's legit Guy A "wins" Round 1, Guy B "wins" Round 2 Guy A/B "wins" Round 3 regardless of how the match actually went. It's the drizzling shits.

The Grand Championship going to the FCW 15 format would set it apart from any other Championship in WWE/IMPACT/ROH/NJPW etc and there would actually be winners at the end of matches (I genuinely can't believe I'm saying that about a pro-wrestling Championship). You're guaranteeing the fans 15 minutes of action and it's versatile enough where you can try to push stories and angles or you can have the wrestlers just get their shit in for 15 minutes everyone goes home happy. Keep it simple (no basketball scores) and nothing stupid like submissions counting 3 points while pinfalls count 2 or something like that and just go for it.

·
Finally...
5,933 Posts
Just get rid of the rounds and points system and make it a normal midcard title.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
You people need to understand that these are the old belt still and they haven't fully transitioned until the new ones arrive. They most likely will scrap and name and the belt. Why would they bring all new belts and keep one. I'm sure they will bring in a new name and simplify the concept and keep it that defending Champion competitive style belt. That is important concept that works well having a competitive Fighters belt

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
In my opinion they should have one that says Impact Wrestling Global championship and be the absolute most important belt and it's defended in multiple promotions and around the world . And another one that's just called impact championship and its a competitive defenders belt that people want.

Impact wrestlings - Global championship
Impact wrestling - championship - self titled for the most important belt just under this brand and the other one is formed to be the most important wrestling championship in the industry. At least in my eyes it would be smart to build a belt that way and that would push the belt to have top importance and promotions wanting to be part of it
ect ect ect

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Can we just make it a regular title? The rounds system is pretty terrible but honestly the belt itself is pretty nice looking. Considering Impact has a new logo though it'd need to be replaced anyways.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The dumbest thing, among many dumb things, about the Grand Championship is there is no Grand Division.

In order to challenge for the tag team championship, a tag team generally wrestles a series of matches against other tag teams.

In order to challenge for the X-Division championship, a wrestler generally wrestles matches against other X-Division wrestlers.

But the only time we ever see a match with Grand Championship rules is when the Championship itself is being defended.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
I've said it before and I will say it again, the problem with the title/division is they are not booking it right. If you have a ladder match you make sure the ladder is a big part of the match. Same with a table match or a weapons match. So they should be booking more matches around the rules. Have the guy who lost first two rounds start taking crazy risks and going all in as the third round is close to ending. Have more split decisions in first two rounds so there is some drama waiting for decision in the third round. Heck have controversy as one guy dominates the decisive round but ends up losing. There is so much they could do based around the rules and they are doing a sad job of it. So based on that and the fact most fans do not like the rules it is probably time to scrape it all.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think they want so hard to be different with the Grand title and want to first at something. My idea for a new title would be purely a submission title. The you can the polar opposite if the X-Division title,.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would get rid of the rounds and just have it be matches with a 10 minute time limit. If they go the distance then the judges will decide who gets the title.

·
Banned
152 Posts
The 3 round plus score thingy just doesnt cut out for me. Honestly, throw this stupid championship away. Do a whole "Edge throws the title in the sea because he is bigger than the title" angle. Now, who should be the new Edge, hmm

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
It's treated like the TV Championship already, so simply drop all the MMA garbage shenanigans that failed since day one and let it be a competitive semi-weekly (or weekly) defended championship w/the set time limit in tact and there you go. This doesn't need a "set division" either. This championship not being sectioned off like tag teams or X-Division is good. b/c it's merely a universal championship everyone can try and compete for; thus the point. While the same in w/the World Championship, only a few will reach that status b/c it is meant for the top spots. Here, w/the presence of a solid midcard achievement, giving something to strive for among the top, middle, & bottom of the roster is just better all around for everyone. Now that's how you spawn honest competition among the talent.

Hoping this goes the route of doing away w/the current gimmick once and for all. Don't tease us again, Impact.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts