Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kikutaro, Scott Norton and a few others have announced on their respected twitter accounts that Gran Naniwa has passed away. R.I.P. he passed on way too young at only 33 years old. My condolences go out to his family and loved ones.

Update: Naniwa passed from a Myocardial Infarction or in other terms a Heart Attack.

Naniwa debuted professionally in 1993 in Michinoku Pro Wrestling, immediately making an impact as one of the most popular[citation needed] faces within the company. His first major attempt at becoming a top performer saw him compete in the 1995 Super J Cup. Naniwa managed to get to the quarterfinals, but he was later eliminated by Jushin Liger, who later went on to win the Super J Cup. After this, Naniwa took a brief hiatus for a few years but made his return in 2006, again under his Gran Naniwa ring name, competing in a match for New Japan Pro Wrestling's now defunct WRESTLE LAND "brand".
Naniwa has always been someone I always remember when it comes to pure comedy wrestling and mixing solid skills at the same time. R.I.P. Naniwa

·
Registered
853 Posts
RIP way to young.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I know of him very vaguely, but regardless it's sad. I don't wanna make presumptions on the reason a guy would have a heart attack at 33, but it certainly seems like another guy who was in the business during it's danger years and has finally fallen victim to it. RIP.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
This deserves a long dramatic NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My favorite Crab themed wrestler has left this earth.

Suck that he died so young but i'm just as surprised he was that young. Figured he was a little older.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
How horrible for him to pass while being so young. I really enjoyed what little I've seen from him, the guy was a great comedy wrestler that could go when needed to.

RIP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts