Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion we need a really good and tough grading system in Be the Booker, quite often some shows are given grades like 9/10, or whatever but that doesn’t really mean anything at least in my mind as it’s just a random figure. Quite regularly everyone gets those kind of figures so if we came up with a really good grading system it would pull the quality of BTB up as people try to get higher marks. We’ve had a few different variations of a grading system over the past few years but nothing really good. So suggest here what could come up as a good grading system.

My suggestion for a show that uses short matches is:

Realism – If the show was performed realistically, where the promo’s/commentary in character?

Length - If the show is a two hour show then it has to stay within the limits, thus no booking too many matches and promos, basically over doing the show, filling it up too much

Quality/Entertainment – Was the show well written? Did you enjoy the reading? Was there any funny/memorable moments?

Spelling/Grammar – Are there noticeable spelling and grammar mistakes? Give the writer a grading on this.

Those four out of 25 giving a combined score out of 100 would seem good for me.

My suggestion if your show has full matches is:

The four above mentioned as well as:

Match Writing – Was the match good? Did the writer have a good in ring knowledge of the moves that each wrestler deploys, was it kept realistic, aka no JBL performing a flying crossbody :)

If this was used them I would recommend that either the show is graded with those five out of twenty making the combined score 100 or the five out of 125.

These are my ideas, what are yours?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Although I am not an active booker I agreee that something needs to be done in order to improve the grading system and get the booker more feedback on their work. However, with most people only reading for personal entertainment I doubt that writing a detailed review would catch on with the majority of readers.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
I like the idea I for one like to know what I am doing right and wrong specifcally to help me make my shows better so this sounds cool.

·
Needs Premium Membership
1,961 Posts
This is a great idea and I would definately use it but realisticly, only a few others would use it. Besides a half dozen or so writers give one, maybe two line reviews. They would probably stop reviewing if we took on this idea.

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
It's all good in thoery, but getting people to actually do it is a completly different thing. I admit of doing the summary in the past but the past few shows I've done have been really long as well as pointing out my likings, dislikings or maybe what to do better next time.

Event's idea is great, and everyone will agree to it, but as I said getting people to do it will be an entirely different matter. I think Michael (Showstopper) did something like this six months ago, everyone agreed, lasted for a couple of days and then it went back to...

great show 9/10
And there's nothing really we can do about it.

When I was over at PW Forums, as shit as it is, they have a real grading system that everybody uses. Don't know how they do it but it works.

Just something to add on, but I'm full for the new grading system, but I don;t agree with numbers, as you said thier meaningless figures, it'll just be a bigger mieaningless figure.

GREAT SHOW 99.9999999999999999999999999999/100

Just something to think about...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Grendrill said:
It's all good in thoery, but getting people to actually do it is a completly different thing. I admit of doing the summary in the past but the past few shows I've done have been really long as well as pointing out my likings, dislikings or maybe what to do better next time.

Event's idea is great, and everyone will agree to it, but as I said getting people to do it will be an entirely different matter. I think Michael (Showstopper) did something like this six months ago, everyone agreed, lasted for a couple of days and then it went back to...

And there's nothing really we can do about it.

When I was over at PW Forums, as shit as it is, they have a real grading system that everybody uses. Don't know how they do it but it works.

Just something to add on, but I'm full for the new grading system, but I don;t agree with numbers, as you said thier meaningless figures, it'll just be a bigger mieaningless figure.

Just something to think about...
Well over at PW we write a paragraph or so about every segment in the show, and if it has full matches, we usually write a paragraph on that too.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's true that the numbers will still be meaningless. Maybe if ppl just say what they liked and didn't like instead of spamming...it would help out everyone in the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts