Votes: 7 4.2%
  • F

Votes: 5 3.0%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What grade do you give CM Punk so far on his color commentary job on RAW?

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I've gone for a solid C, he reminds me a little of Jesse Ventura. Also, him wearing the Colt Cabana t-shirt is a bonus.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh..... B?

He's certainly doing a good job, but I imagine with more experience he'd be great at it.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Punk is great but in a not so serious way. Hes acts like more of a parody of color commentators rather than a real color commentator. Its obvious in the way Punk presents everything that hes not really taking his commentating too serious.

As straight up comic relief Punk gets B for me.

In terms of a serious color commentator, Id say hes a C at the most.

·
I Follow Buzzards!!!
395 Posts
Punk is great but in a not so serious way. Hes acts like more of a parody of color commentators rather than a real color commentator. Its obvious in the way Punk presents everything that hes not really taking his commentating too serious.

As straight up comic relief Punk gets B for me.

In terms of a serious color commentator, Id say hes a C at the most.
I have to agree. Couldn't have said it better.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
C

he has some good lines, but he needs to be a little more careful on not being so free in burying the guys/action in the ring

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I'll give him a B. He really reminds me of Bobby Heenan.

Also, did anyone catch him saying "...my in-ring career is over..."? I hope I just misunderstood him.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
He gets a C from me. He let the King Of The Ring finals slip just when it was getting started, kept going on about a soda that wasn't there, flaunts his script too much, and he seems to mention "real life" things too much. (Riley's DUI, for example.)

He's good when it comes to comedy, though that's the main thing. He could definitely be brilliant and get an A the more he improves though. :)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
and he seems to mention "real life" things too much. (Riley's DUI, for example.)
this...I don't know if he was directed in saying these things, probably not, but even Riley mentioned it. But even last week he was insinuating that R-Truth wasn't good in the ring or something along those lines (and Riley this week). While you may have this opinion, I don't think you should have a commentator say that on TV

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
D for me. I don't find him that funny at all and at times I forget he's even there. It's odd because this guy has a decent sense of humor. I guess I just expected more out of him. He did a lot better tonight than he did last week so maybe he is improving.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
B. He's made the commentary interesting again and is pretty funny. Hopefully they keep it as Cole and Punk.

Better yet, Punk and JR.

·
Registered
934 Posts
C+ or B-

He sounds kind of out of placed and quiet. But I think he's doing a good job honestly, with King and Cole having that altercation CM Punk may just catch on. And he will get better obv

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I give it a B

only because he sounded horribly at the end when cole left

he def couldn't pull off a joey styles lol

I'd give it a B+ if that option was available

·
40,796 Posts
C+ or B-

He sounds kind of out of placed and quiet. But I think he's doing a good job honestly, with King and Cole having that altercation CM Punk may just catch on. And he will get better obv
Yes. Punk needs to speak up. His voice is soft so he needs to raise the volume and project.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
He is certainly one of the most entertaining on commentary, but i don't think he has the ability to work at the professional level so he gets a C from me.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Solid C, but its really annoying that nearly every damn line he says gets quoted 20 times in that raw thread.

i Love the guy, but i mean seriously? :no:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts