Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any wrestling moves that people do that really piss you off? For example I loved the fishermans suplex, but Cena's version really sucks.

And don't get me started on The Rock's sharpshooter... It just looks so weak and looks as if hardly any pressure is being applied

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Cena's STF. Seriously, he doesn't put any pressure into the hold, he just puts his hands together and rests it under the opponent's chin, far enough from their throat that they can easily just move their head backwards and get out of the hold.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Agree with you op on cenas suplex. Also khalis double handed choke slam, edges spear (not done to badly, but compared to Goldbergs its nowhere near as good) and Kevin Nash's power bomb

·
Registered
104 Posts
Punk's GTS. Let's compare the orignal to Punk's.

Sorry Punkster. You need a new finisher.
I totally agree. Im a big fan of Punk but his GTS sucks compared to KENTA's. It looks weak when Punk does it like his knee barely touches his opponents head

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
How could I of forgot Cena's STF? Not hating on the guy, but his STF is horrific.

Edge's spear is hit and miss for me.

·
Asuka
96,239 Posts
Punk's GTS I agree with. Punk really isn't even a quarter of the worker that KENTA is, so it's not surprising.

Rock's version of...well, most of his moveset. This guy can't even throw a punch and people call him a great worker? Embarassing. His Sharpshooter is probably the most insulting thing I've seen in a match that didn't come from Jeff Hardy.

Orton's Teabag press fails too. I guess his character failed so badly at being Austin that he had to transition that into his primary signature move too. It's a wonder why he doesn't change his finisher to a botched Stunner and make it a hat trick.

Cena's STF is beyond obvious. Just horrible.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
lol @ all you lot losing your shit over KENTA's GTS. Not to highjack the topic or anything, but he's hit a much harder GTS and also puts Orton's punt to shame (even though Orton's punt is pretty damn nice)

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Cena's STF. As cliche as it might be to complain about it, but what the fuck is going on with this? There's no reason for the person on the recieving end of it to feel anything but mild discomfort at having John Cena lying on them.

Edge's spear always used to annoy me as well, it'd look class some times but most of the time it just looked like a little hug.

·
Asuka
96,239 Posts
did pyro just praise KENTA?

how do you even know who he is?
As Samuel L. Jackson famously said: My ass might be dumb, but I ain't no dumb ass.

I've seen some pieces of Japanese wrestling, and I like the style. I've said it a million times, but just because I think wrestling should NEVER dictate a push, that doesn't mean I HATE it. People think I have some insane vendetta to shut down ring work, no. I like great matches. That doesn't mean who gets pushed should reflect that, that's all I've ever said.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
I agree with Cena's Fisherman Suplex. It looks like the first time he used it, it was a normal suplex, and he got the idea of hooking a leg to look innovative.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Orton's Thesz Press is done so badly it pisses me off each time i see him do it so fucking wrong, jesus Randy Kelly Kelly does it better and your meant to be the 3RD GENERATION wrestler..my arse

1 - 20 of 57 Posts