Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i actually felt bad for blake and Murphy

cara and kalisto were botch city or what i couldn't even enjoy the match

·
Registered
312 Posts
It wasn't that awful. That style is pretty hard to execute and after the Dempsey/Corbin match, the tag team match didn't look that bad imho.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
There were two botches total, and then the crowd was giving them absolutely nothing. I admit everything felt a bit off after those botches but there were still some brilliantly executed moves that were greeted with silence. Was a bit disappointed in the crowd tbh. Kalisto's first ever on screen botch if I recall correctly and they just write off the rest of the match.

I still don't get why the NXT crowd hates the Lucha Dragons so much. Sin Cara is lazy as hell on NXT but Kalisto is phenomenal and always gives 150%. I feel for the guy.

Reactions: sizor

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I rather enjoyed it. I got a giggle out of Sin Cara's head scissor botch though, one of those things that is not particularly funny but really tickled me. Kalisto still looked good, and Blake and Murphy were fine. I enjoyed the match

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I don't like Blake and Murphy, period. Probably one of the only NXT talents I seriously dislike.

Their music is the first bit of annoyance. It sounds like the most bland and generic dubstep you can think of. Like CFO$ just got a dubstep sound kit and just played all the samples at the same time instead of making a real song out of it.

The crazy camera angles they added just makes me dizzy. None of these fits their characters, as they look like weird cowboys or something.

Then I can't tell who's who here. Yeah, they got their names on their tights, but they look similar. One of them needs a haircut or something, because this isn't working. Their tights look like American Wolves rip offs, which makes me sad because WWE didn't even sign that team, but I'm stuck with these clowns?

On top of all of that, they just suddenly won the tag titles with zero character development. What the fuck happened to Aiden English and Simon Gotch?

NXT's tag division has needed work for awhile, but now it's on life support lol.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Then I can't tell who's who here. Yeah, they got their names on their tights, but they look similar. One of them needs a haircut or something, because this isn't working.
They have different hairstyles and colors.... it's worrying that you cannot tell them apart.

5,040 Posts
^^ I have to take a second look to tell them apart during matches. Not twins, just kinda similar.

Unfortunately, I rather see Blake and Murphy as interchangeable guys who sort of dropped into the tag division without much to work with as far as defining the team as, well, you know, a team (aside from the tights that DO resemble something the wolves might wear).

I want to like them – actually, I do like them – but something needs to be done to make these two stand out as more than future enhancement talent. Not that I think they should be seen that way, I'm just curious as to why they're not as packaged as the usual NXT talents are.

The Lucha Dragons? I don’t really care. Sad truth.

·
Registered
758 Posts
They weren't too bad, unfortunately they happened early in the match and killed the crowd, and the crowd wasn't that into either team to begin with.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
It wasn't the best match, but I like Kalisto and Murphy. Honestly, they should pair those two men together. "The Thunder From Down Under" Buddy Murphy teaming with Kalisto. Those two would make a better tag team than what they are both doing currently.

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
twas a really awkward match. I always rematch the specials because there is always so much to digest that I can rarely fully appreciate. I watched the tag match out of sync because I wanted to take the 'no dq' match out of the equation and it was a little bit better when it stood alone. The dempsey match drew the air out of the room, it killed the atmosphere it was just so bad.

No doubt the tag match could have been tonnes better but we have been spoiled lol

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
It started out really awkward but I thought it picked up towards the end. Blake and Murphy seem like a solid team and I really like the Luchadors. Stick 'em on the main roster now, we could use another big face team aside from the Usos.

Yeah there were a few botches but considering their "FAST AND HIGH PACED" offense I can give guys like them a pass; screw ups here and there are to be expected. Botches like that are more excusable than Bull blatantly tossing himself over the top rope after a missed clothesline in my opinion.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Then I can't tell who's who here. Yeah, they got their names on their tights, but they look similar. One of them needs a haircut or something, because this isn't working. Their tights look like American Wolves rip offs, which makes me sad because WWE didn't even sign that team, but I'm stuck with these clowns?
Damn, you can't tell the difference? Sometimes I forget which one Kallisto is too!

On top of all of that, they just suddenly won the tag titles with zero character development. What the fuck happened to Aiden English and Simon Gotch?

NXT's tag division has needed work for awhile, but now it's on life support lol.
This kinda happens when there are five guys pushed to take up >75% of TV time for all talent. How are they supposed to fit in everyone else with <25% of the TV time when it's dedicated to others?

Their lack of characters isn't inherently problematic either. Some of the more well known guys have a lack of a character or gimmick but get past it because they get lengthy matches and people can "like" them because of their ring work. Again, how are they meant to get over in this aspect with such a small amount of time on TV?

This is 100% on booking. Murphy is a good talent overall as evidenced by his past work in Aus and watching intricately has proven Blake just needs an opportunity to prove himself too.

People wouldn't care for the divas division on NXT if they weren't given lengthy matches and other TV time. People wouldn't care about anyone if they're not booked to get people to care about them. Simple as that.

Though TBH I agree the Vaudevillains should've won the championships and Enzo & Cass should've entered a feud with them as BAM climbed the rankings.

Ultimately though I think the bookers see BAM are better in-ring than the other tag teams and as NXT is based almost entirely around ring work it's not surprising they decided to hand the titles over to the best in-ring tag team they had on the roster at the time if they want Sin Cara to go now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.