Wrestling Forum banner

Good ideas TNA failed to follow through with

4151 Views 35 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  barnesk9
I came across a video on Youtube about the top ten contenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR2b-myIAyE

I also really liked the Samoa Joe kidnapping, but hate how it was forgotten by creative. I also feel TNA failed to capitalize on the publicity generated from the Love Sponge/Kong real-life fued. Bubba could have been made out to be the bad guy, and TNA could have really helped to get people to support Kong and Haiti in a real way.

My question is what are some ideas that TNA had that you felt like had so much potential, but they dropped the ball somewhere?

Edit: You can also tell about things that TNA did that were good, revolutionary, intriguing, groundbreaking, or entertaining.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
494 Posts
Daniels/Sting feud from I believe 2007 comes to mind. They hyped up Daniels really well in video packages and it looked like he was finally getting the main event spot that many wanted to see. He faced Sting at Slammiversary, lost in about 5 minutes and the feud was never mentioned again. he then proceeded to reform Triple X at the very next ppv and was back to being a lower card act. Whether or not you believe Daniels should be a main eventer, the idea of a Daniels/Sting feud was very intriguing at the time. Hell, I'm hardly and Sting fan and even I was dying to see it.

· Registered
72 Posts
Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe = The Biggest Letdown in TNA History, and the biggest flop in professional wrestling during the 21st century. The blew it far to early, and could have easily been the feud of the century, and one of the greatest ever if TNA just had patience and some common sense.

· Registered
3,290 Posts
Frontline vs Main Event Mafia

Great, yet unoriginal, concept that should have had one purpose and one purpose only: To put over Frontline.

And the angle was booked pretty strong in the beginning. Up until Angle and Sting restarted their own feud for leadership. Then they booked Team 3D in the main event and AJ and Joe were pushed back cause of it. And when Sting left the group, everything fell apart.

What we should have seen at BFG 2009 was AJ going over Sting, Lashley over Angle, Joe over Nash, Daniels over Booker and Morgan over Steiner.

That would have been a great end to the feud. But if they wanted to continue it, they could have had Hogan joining them, along with his guys Flair, Hardy and RVD.

· Registered
203 Posts
1) Who kidnapped Samoa Joe
2) Kurt Angle't top 10 challenge
3) World Elite
4) British Invasion
5) Jay Lethal's legends challenge
6) Joe's undefeated streak
7) James Mitchell
8) The top 10 rankings.
9) Remember when Robert Roode left Team Canada and he was wrestling's "hottest free agent".
10) The masked man attacking AJ Styles.
11) MEM
12) Frontline

...among MANY others.

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
The World Elite had so many possibilities. Over the years TNA has had numerous affiliations with foreign promotions. And still do, but it sucks to see that foreign talent does not get any type of exposure on the modern TNA. The World Elite could have been the vehicle to introduce American audiences to great wrestlers from around the globe.
I was also stoke to have Eric Young get a serious heel push. So much for that one.

· Registered
751 Posts
Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe = The Biggest Letdown in TNA History, and the biggest flop in professional wrestling during the 21st century. The blew it far to early, and could have easily been the feud of the century, and one of the greatest ever if TNA just had patience and some common sense.
Thats a little bit too far! I agree though it could've had a bigger blowoff. Hard Justice 07 Winner Takes All sounded like a better scenario for them to face.

· Registered
496 Posts
all this thread kinda proves is why bother getting involved in TNA storylines when they consistently fail to deliver a satisfactory conclusion or just ditch it in favour of something better theyve thought up

its like theyve got attention deficit disorder or something

· Registered
203 Posts
I really liked EY as the cold and calculating heel. Very impressed with him in those days.

The World Elite had so many possibilities. Over the years TNA has had numerous affiliations with foreign promotions. And still do, but it sucks to see that foreign talent does not get any type of exposure on the modern TNA. The World Elite could have been the vehicle to introduce American audiences to great wrestlers from around the globe.
I was also stoke to have Eric Young get a serious heel push.
So much for that one.

· Banned
7,532 Posts
The Main Event Mafia beginning had me hooked. Especially with the forever good guy Sting playing a tweener bordering heel. That was great until the feud came up against management. Then everything was out of control.

· Registered
169 Posts
I quite liked Jeff Hardy's video promos as a heel. He should never have got on the mic in the ring after he started them. Could have taken it all sorts of ways but they spent more time on the nWo - Geriatric Ward instead.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Sting bringing up Abyss's past, being jailed and Tomko being one of his tormentors, possibly leading to abyss leaving FJM taking off the mask

Daniels fueding with Sting to possibly be pushed to main event

Chris Harris's main event push

Dudleys breaking up and going back to their old ECW personnas before the main event victory road 2007

· Registered
101 Posts
Wow, so so much that hasn't been followed through. Definitely agree with the EY comments and World Elite, you know for a guy (Russo) who always puts over Mick Foley he couldn't have read Mick's books as they are essentially doing a "Lost in Cleveland" story with EY, and we all know how well that worked for WCW, lol. Remember last year when Doug Williams and Kendrick were having good X division matches, and then they decided to turn him into a guru? Orlando Jordan could have done so much more, I don't know about anyone else but no gay or bi people I've ever met eat lotion or wear caution tape, and yet Glaad is mad over John Cena. The TV title as a whole is a failure, why take it off Williams if AJ was hurt? Or Gunner winning it, why not have had a tournament and filled half the slots with Immortal guys (Gunner, Murphy, M. Hardy, R. Terry) that way you still stack the deck, but it would make winning it mean something? They just let Taylor (who is much more useful to the company than Roxxi or Alissa, though I am glad to see ODB back) and Sarita not defend the tag belts until they have to "30 day" them, which seems to be a reoccurring theme with TNA. We don't see Daffney for who knows how long, now she is gone despite being over with the fans and being arguably the best female worker left, not to mention it is always good to have a few people who can sell merchandise to subcultures with her unique look (reason Jeff Hardy is never booed by everyone). As for Desmond, I agree he wasn't use the best, but I saw a post on ...............com of someone saying that his illness might be lymphoma (that would explain his absence since unlike concussion issues you can't really tie it in to wrestling), which I really hope isn't true, but if that's why WWE didn't want him, it's not like you could build the company around him anyway. EV2, well that one was dead from the get go, I loved ECW, but they could have taken Tommy and had him with a stable of younger guys, not all had to be brawlers, just emphasize that it is the new generation of anti-corporate wrestlers, which is why Hardcore Justice was a bust, it should've been regular roster TNA mixed up with one night guys, not to mention Jerry Lynn getting hurt was the ultimate bad timing because him and RVD was a match I think everyone would want to see. Let's just hope this incident at the last PPV makes TNA really think about where it is going and start planning longer and keeping it less convoluted.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.