Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
LOL

No.

Cena is literally back until SummerSlam, and then he's off to film his next movie and we won't see him in WWE again for another extended period. There is literally zero chance that Cena wins at SummerSlam. He's coming back to put Reigns over. Period.

It makes me laugh that people think WWE has "turned a corner" in the last week with bringing people back and giving us a few exciting things. But don't forget - Cena and Goldberg will both be gone in 6 weeks, and with the nostalgia pops done, we'll be back to the same shit again.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
15,851 Posts
I don’t see Cena getting the title off of Reigns. But then again it’s Cena so who knows?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm fine with cena winning if they use that to put someone deserving over. Beating cena would make someone a main eventer if done right. Roman won't put anyone over cause Vince is obsessed but I believe vince is even more obsessed with cena but vince knows cena isn't staying long and Roman isn't going anywhere so cena winning seems like a Vince move. I mean he booked goldberg to win the universal title and that worked out terribly till Roman came back.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Cena is literally leaving for Europe the next day and anyhow the next PPV is Extreme Rules, not Payback.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cena is literally leaving for Europe the next day and anyhow the next PPV is Extreme Rules, not Payback.
Vince has let others be champ and miss shows or weeks so he would let cena cause cena is a company man to the end like taker.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone but Roman, so I´d be okay with that
Me too but Vince being Vince if cena wins Roman will get it back quickly I assume which is a total waste. Use cena to put over lee, cesaro, riddle, priest, big e, hell even McIntyre works cause it would set him up as the next mega face. Roman is over so he should either win or it's just hot potato with the belt which cheapens it to a point

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just stop the reigns push ffs apart from the nerdy marks who think it's the greatest thing ever and he needs the belt till 2024 , he's a dry bland boring promo he's not entertaining whatsoever and you wants this guy to hold the belt till eternity?!!🤣

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
17,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeah you got it, I read a now unreliable source stating Payback so it is supposed to be Extreme Rules.

Guess there's no point in the topic being discussed any further then moving on.

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Just stop the reigns push ffs apart from the nerdy marks who think it's the greatest thing ever and he needs the belt till 2024 , he's a dry bland boring promo he's not entertaining whatsoever and you wants this guy to hold the belt till eternity?!!🤣
Right?!?! Fuck people for liking something you don’t! Nerdy marks (says the dude on a wrestling message board)!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I personally dont want that at all. If I was gonna bet on it I'd bet on Roman cause Vince clearly is obsessed and has been for years. I want more talent to get pushed properly so there's more real contenders/champions not just place holders

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,741 Posts
Payback PPV is supposed to follow shortly after Summerslam next month so given that WWE may as well make Cena surpass the Nature Boy's 16 Title reigns why wouldn't they use this method by having John Boy win at Summerslam then dropping it straight back to Roman at Payback it won't hurt Roman in the long run if he gets the last laugh and sends him packing off back to Hollywood anyway.

Or you can just go with Big E cashing in immediately after the match at Payback to get a solid feel good moment on top of all that, Gives Roman an opportunity to be vulnerable for Character development until he takes the Title back again and resume his dominance.
It's already been reported that Cena has no interest in breaking Flair's record, so that's not going to happen.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts