Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some fun 2 player games for the Xbox 360 that i can play with my partner. She's not a big FPS fan, so the likes of COD are gonna have to be introduced slowly, i'm looking more for platform/actions games for the time being. They'll need to be games that can be played on a single console, either split screen or shared screen.

At the moment the only 2 player game we have is Lego Batman, and whilst i am enjoying it more than i expected, i'm not really interested in getting Lego Indiana Jones or Lego Star Wars.

So, suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Not a big fan of racing games, the last one i really enjoyed being Sega Rally back on the Saturn., so i'll pass on All Star Racing. Marvel Ultimate Alliance could be a winner though, been considering it for the last couple of days, so will probably end up getting it.

After having had a good look around other sites it seems theres a serious lack of split screen/shared screen games on the 360, and a ridiculously small amount when you remove the FPS's from the equation. Seems i'm gonna have to fork out for a second Dualshock 3 as there appears to be a wealth of two player games on the PS3.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Not a big fan of racing games, the last one i really enjoyed being Sega Rally back on the Saturn., so i'll pass on All Star Racing. Marvel Ultimate Alliance could be a winner though, been considering it for the last couple of days, so will probably end up getting it.

After having had a good look around other sites it seems theres a serious lack of split screen/shared screen games on the 360, and a ridiculously small amount when you remove the FPS's from the equation. Seems i'm gonna have to fork out for a second Dualshock 3 as there appears to be a wealth of two player games on the PS3.
Yeah splitscreen us huge on the ps3

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
Not 100% sure if it supports split-screen, but the new Tomb Raider game should be awesome fun with 2 players. What about 3ed person shooters, like Army of Two? Could use that to slowly introduce her to FPS games?

·
WrestleMania Veteran 21-29
1,195 Posts
The new Tomb Raider isn't splitscreen, but it does support local coop. I just downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs The World on XBLA today and its a really fun classic beat'em up with some added rpg elements. It support's 4 player local coop as well.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Yeah unfortunately it seems like the era of playing with someone actually in the same room on the same game system is dieing off. It is getting to the point where its get on the game networks or forget about playing with someone else. Really sucks as I much prefer playing a game with someone right there with you. It almost seems like the only games left that remain co-op on the same system is sport games, football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Both Army of Two games I enjoyed.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 were good.
Resident Evil 5 was also good.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is also a good one.
Call of Duty World at War is co-op split screen as well, I just prefer modern weapons over older style.
Pretty much any of the Dynasty Warrior series games are good if you like hack and slash games.
Then you have your fighting games that are good, Street Fighter Series, Soul Caliber series, Tekken Series.
If you enjoy wrestling there is the Raw vs. Smackdown series.

Even though all of these games sound like they would be out of your partners taste for now, maybe get into them more after time you can always start off with some others.

The Simpsons game wasn't to bad and its enjoyable if you actually like the simpsons.
The Marvel Alliance series is good but to me it tends to be better when playing single.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not 100% sure if it supports split-screen, but the new Tomb Raider game should be awesome fun with 2 players. What about 3ed person shooters, like Army of Two? Could use that to slowly introduce her to FPS games?
I hadn't thought of the latest Tomb Raider game. She's a big fan of the series, and although i know she's dissapointed that this latest offering is a big step away from the standard Tomb Raider style of gameplay, the fact that it has a co-op mode might re-ignite her interest. As for 3rd person shooters, i've just bought the first Kane & Lynch which she actually seems to like the look of, as well as a sexy red Dualshock 3 from China on ebay, and when that arrives she's said she'd like to try Resi 5 on co-op, so if all goes well with those two, i'll hopefully be able to get her into some COD (such a shame Bad Company doesn't have co-op).

Yeah unfortunately it seems like the era of playing with someone actually in the same room on the same game system is dieing off. It is getting to the point where its get on the game networks or forget about playing with someone else. Really sucks as I much prefer playing a game with someone right there with you. It almost seems like the only games left that remain co-op on the same system is sport games, football, basketball, baseball, etc.

Both Army of Two games I enjoyed.
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 were good.
Resident Evil 5 was also good.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is also a good one.
Call of Duty World at War is co-op split screen as well, I just prefer modern weapons over older style.
Pretty much any of the Dynasty Warrior series games are good if you like hack and slash games.
Then you have your fighting games that are good, Street Fighter Series, Soul Caliber series, Tekken Series.
If you enjoy wrestling there is the Raw vs. Smackdown series.

Even though all of these games sound like they would be out of your partners taste for now, maybe get into them more after time you can always start off with some others.

The Simpsons game wasn't to bad and its enjoyable if you actually like the simpsons.
The Marvel Alliance series is good but to me it tends to be better when playing single.
I completly agree with you about enjoying playing multiplayer games with someone sat in the same room as you more than online. I spent three years playing World of Warcraft in a semi-hardcore raiding guild, and for a while i was playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PSN, and whilst i certainly enjoyed both, it's just not the same. You just don't get the same atmosphere as when you're with friends or your partner and you're goofing around, trying to make them screw up when playing a game in versus mode, or cheering each other on when playing something in co-op. For me nothing will ever beat playing Mario Kart with three friends on the SNES all those years ago.

If she enjoys Kane and Lynch, and Resi 5, i'll probably look into the Army of Two games.
The Rainbow Six games i've never really been interested in. I seem to vaguely recall playing a demo of one on the PS2 and not being overly keen, and so not even bothered to look into them since.
I'm gonna be picking up Modern Warfare 2 at some point anyway, hopefully i'll have managed to get her into FPS's by then. I'll also be pre-ordering Black Ops, really looking forward to that.
Not a huge fan of hack n slash, but may try a Dynasty Warriors game if i can pick one up cheap.

Left 4 Dead but that's a FPS so it's not an option.
We've got Left 4 Dead 2, and i convinced her to give it a try last night. For some reason though when the game loaded up there was only the option to play a single player campaign, so i assumed that it was only multiplayer via system link/XBL.

·
Y2J Mark 4 Life
1,459 Posts
I hadn't thought of the latest Tomb Raider game. She's a big fan of the series, and although i know she's dissapointed that this latest offering is a big step away from the standard Tomb Raider style of gameplay, the fact that it has a co-op mode might re-ignite her interest. As for 3rd person shooters, i've just bought the first Kane & Lynch which she actually seems to like the look of, as well as a sexy red Dualshock 3 from China on ebay, and when that arrives she's said she'd like to try Resi 5 on co-op, so if all goes well with those two, i'll hopefully be able to get her into some COD (such a shame Bad Company doesn't have co-op).

I completly agree with you about enjoying playing multiplayer games with someone sat in the same room as you more than online. I spent three years playing World of Warcraft in a semi-hardcore raiding guild, and for a while i was playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PSN, and whilst i certainly enjoyed both, it's just not the same. You just don't get the same atmosphere as when you're with friends or your partner and you're goofing around, trying to make them screw up when playing a game in versus mode, or cheering each other on when playing something in co-op. For me nothing will ever beat playing Mario Kart with three friends on the SNES all those years ago.

If she enjoys Kane and Lynch, and Resi 5, i'll probably look into the Army of Two games.
The Rainbow Six games i've never really been interested in. I seem to vaguely recall playing a demo of one on the PS2 and not being overly keen, and so not even bothered to look into them since.
I'm gonna be picking up Modern Warfare 2 at some point anyway, hopefully i'll have managed to get her into FPS's by then. I'll also be pre-ordering Black Ops, really looking forward to that.
Not a huge fan of hack n slash, but may try a Dynasty Warriors game if i can pick one up cheap.

We've got Left 4 Dead 2, and i convinced her to give it a try last night. For some reason though when the game loaded up there was only the option to play a single player campaign, so i assumed that it was only multiplayer via system link/XBL.
You gotta make sure you sign the second player in so he can play as well haha.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Um, others you could try are Borderlands, Fable II, Gears 1 & 2, and Splinter Cell Conviction.
We've both completed Fable 2 multiple times, so don't really fancy playing that again at the moment. If Fable 3 has a co-op though, that'll be great.
If i can get her into some FPS action, Borderlands and GOW may figure into the equation at sme point down the line, but Modern Warfare, World At War and Black Ops will be first on the list.
Not really a fan of the Splinter Cell games.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts