Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Man, that segment with Jay, Okada, Page and that other guy was awesome.
Ospreay and Aussie Open made an impact as well.
ZSJ showing up.
Sucks we probably won't see them till next year.
You might see some here and there, but you might also see some more AEW talent in NJPW. I could definitely see them sending some of the younger guys over there on excursion and the roster is big enough someone who is spinning their wheels without tv time can hopefully get some momentum over there and bring it back with them.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
11,318 Posts
New Japan's tour system means any of them could show up intermittently if it makes sense. There's usually at least 10 days between tours, although they often run major shows between them.

Aussie Open aren't signed to New Japan and although I like them, they'd probably not get very far right now without Will who has the leadership presence.

Free dates after Forbidden Door: June 27 to July 16, August 19 to September 1 (more to come as they announce their remaining 2022 schedule)

Jay and Will already feel like pretty big deals in AEW, but as long as they're unsigned there's only so much you could bring them in for. If they signed tomorrow (not possible but hypothetically), I think Jay instantly becomes the #1 or #2 heel in the company with MJF and Omega out, and Will would be an upper midcarder at least.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ospreay fits AEW like a glove

i like Aussie Open too

Okada can be a regular tomorrow if i had my way
Definitely.
Jay is a natural too. Looks much more comfortable in this setting instead of Impact.

I wonder if there will be heat between the companies if someone like Will or Jay decide to jump ship to AEW when their contracts are up.

·
Registered
23,022 Posts
Definitely.
Jay is a natural too. Looks much more comfortable in this setting instead of Impact.

I wonder if there will be heat between the companies if someone like Will or Jay decide to jump ship to AEW when their contracts are up.
i have this strange feeling we are going down the era of shared contracts

how do you outbid WWE?

give your talent unprecedented freedom and the ability to spend 3 months in Japan and have 2 contracts

real seasonal / rotating roster stuff

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Nope! Can't wait til it's over. None of it makes any sense. First time iv seen Tanahashi and the commentators constant shouting was embarrassing. One of best of all time up there with Brett Hart etc. Fuck off the guy the was slow and embarrassingly bad. I don't want to see him and Moxley ever. Really poor.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
20,935 Posts
Man, that segment with Jay, Okada, Page and that other guy was awesome.
Ospreay and Aussie Open made an impact as well.
ZSJ showing up.
Just when I started getting invested I realize we probably won't see them till next year.
Oh, you'll still see these NJPW stars sporadically throughout the year :)

Not EVERY single NJPW guy has to be in these monthly tour events; so there'll surely be a handful of NJPW talents that will be available to make the occasional appearances on AEW.

Minoru Suzuki isn't in the G1 Climax tournament coming up in a few weeks, so you could still see someone like him appear on upcoming AEW shows sporadically over the next couple of months.

You'll likely see a bigger NJPW presence in AEW again once the G1 Climax tournament concludes in mid August, which means that some NJPW guys could appear in time for All Out ;)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Really would love for Ospreay to make the jump permanently. He’s a main event talent
He is away to kill any momentum he might have has by wrestling the comedy mascot. He has already lost twice in three outings and could have been put over much better as a serious performer. Looks to have decent ability. Reminds of a kerry von erich type.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Nope! Can't wait til it's over. None of it makes any sense. First time iv seen Tanahashi and JR constant stuff was embarrassing. One of best of all time up there with Brett Hart etc. Fuck off the guy the was slow and embarrassingly bad. I don't want to see him and Moxley ever. Really poor.
He's on the wind-down in his career, he's passed the torch to Okada, but he is legit one of the best of the last couple decades. Dude carried NJPW out of a serious downturn almost singlehandedly, but he's 45 and his knees are absolutely thrashed. When it comes time for big matches though, he still delivers.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
He's on the wind-down in his career, he's passed the torch to Okada, but he is legit one of the best of the last couple decades. Dude carried NJPW out of a serious downturn almost singlehandedly, but he's 45 and his knees are absolutely thrashed. When it comes time for big matches though, he still delivers.
Well he might have been good 20 years ago but nobody needs to see him main eventing now. If a blown up jericho makes you look slow and ponderous you know its bad news.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
If you were watching Tanahashi for the first time, all the hype just went down the drain. Dude was getting compared to Bret Hart but was noticeably slow, had to make an effort to climb the ropes, and his slingblade looked very clunky after you’ve seen Finn Balor do it a hundred times.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
If you were watching Tanahashi for the first time, all the hype just went down the drain. Dude was getting compared to Bret Hart but was noticeably slow, had to make an effort to climb the ropes, and his slingblade looked very clunky after you’ve seen Finn Balor do it a hundred times.
I was and I totally agree. The commentary was sickening. There's not even a comparison between this guy and say Christian who himself isn't close to being an all time great singles. Brett Hart come on don't be silly now. If he was that good he has had some fall from grace.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Well he might have been good 20 years ago but nobody needs to see him main eventing now. If a blown up jericho makes you look slow and ponderous you know its bad news.
More like 10 but, nah, dude can still go. Coming out for a staredown and beatdown is a bit different than a match. When the adrenaline of an actual match kicks in he's still damned good.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
More like 10 but, nah, dude can still go. Coming out for a staredown and beatdown is a bit different than a match. When the adrenaline of an actual match kicks in he's still damned good.
He was in a match there and could barely tag in and get through the ropes! Slower than a week in jail. It's all nostalgia I feel. I'd rather watch jericho and he isn't great these days.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts