Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Goldust may have retired yesterday:

WWEGoldust

byeeeeeeeee
about 2 hours ago via web

i am retired
about 2 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/WWEGoldust
If its true I can say that i seen Dustin Rhodes last match. I hope its not true though I've always liked Dustin's work.

Has anyone ever had a late career revival like Dustin the last few years? Off the top of my head, nobody springs to mind. Dustin was actively great 92-95 or so, and then was rather up and down between mediocre and pretty good for a decade or so, and suddenly became great again, kind of out of the blue. I can't think of anyone else with a career path like that.

Everything him and Booker T did was gold.

·
Registered
725 Posts
It appears that Goldust may have retired yesterday:

If its true I can say that i seen Dustin Rhodes last match. I hope its not true though I've always liked Dustin's work.

Has anyone ever had a late career revival like Dustin the last few years? Off the top of my head, nobody springs to mind. Dustin was actively great 92-95 or so, and then was rather up and down between mediocre and pretty good for a decade or so, and suddenly became great again, kind of out of the blue. I can't think of anyone else with a career path like that.

Everything him and Booker T did was gold.
If true, then I hope he had a good time in the business. I enjoyed his work.

I guess some could say that HBK had a late career revival --- lets face it ... HBK was supposed to be done, took a half-decade hiatus from the ring and went on to have eight more years of stealing shows.

I would put R-Truth on the list of late-career revivals.

Finlay ... most definitely a late-career revival.

I'm sure there are more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have heard same thing for the HBK. I have also seen that HBk would go away out of the WWE ring. I know that He is still in this shows. I am sure that All people will miss him lot of.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,787 Posts
That's it? He's retired? He was in the best shape of his career and seemed to be doing well. Perhaps he realized he could never get any higher than an undercarder these days? In any event, I'm sadder to see him go than I figured I would be.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Bit anticlimactic don't ya think? Haven't read any reports from the Observer or something about it either. Perhaps he's setting up a return as Dustin Rhodes to team up with Cody but then I'm assuming the writers are using twitter as a vehicle to develop storylines and we all know what happened last time we assumed that....

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Pretty sure it's a joke. Read the rest of his twitter. He seems to talk a lot of shit just for fun.

His twitter post just before his "I'm retiring" post:
my brother will be 47 tomorrow

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
my brother will be 47 tomorrow
The dashing middle aged Cody Rhodes huh?
I hope it's not true, but let's face it, we don't get to see an awful lot of him these days, so it's not like we can claim to miss his wrestling or his humour.
When he does reitre I'll be a bit sad the WWE tossed him aside, but that's what they do.

·
Bow down
1,419 Posts
Looks like meant retired as in going to bed :\ ...

However, Goldust is a legend in my book. I was watching Raw reruns from 99 last night and his gimmick and IC title run back then was nothing short of great.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
I highly doubt he meant retired from wrestling, seems like a joke to me.

If he was gonna quit then his last match should be against DASHING Cody Rhodes imo.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had hoped him and his brother would have a run as tag team champs, they are both really talented and Golddust has made me laugh loads over the years! :(

·
Heroes For Hire
15,415 Posts
Bit anticlimactic don't ya think? Haven't read any reports from the Observer or something about it either. Perhaps he's setting up a return as Dustin Rhodes to team up with Cody but then I'm assuming the writers are using twitter as a vehicle to develop storylines and we all know what happened last time we assumed that....
They're called reports for a reason.

I'm sad that Goldust retired if true,he had an awesome match on Superstars a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
He can't retire, he needs to win a title before he goes! He is so fucking amazing! I've loved him since I first saw him, loved his character and how committed he was to it and loved his work especially with Booker T, one of the most under-rated tag teams of all time in my opinion.

He's in the best shape of his life!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Goldust was damn entertaining on ECW and would have made a good NXT mentor in my opinion. If Tommy Dreamer won the WWECW champion why couldn't Goldust? He could wrestle circles around Dreamer and was actually entertaining. Not only that but the fans were clearly behind Goldy. He deserved a push on Raw at least to Santino's position. If he is really retired then I hope he had fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.