Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This shows you why this era sucks so much. No star power... a jobber like Goldust main eventing RAW in the year 2013 is just awful. The guy was nothing more than a midcarder at best during 1996-00 (Only got that IC title because of who his daddy was) and a fucking jobber since he returned in 2006 and then in 2008. Why is he main eventing Monday Night RAW in 2013 is beyond me and I don't care if it was because he was in a storyline with the Shield.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
I just dont get how the WWE operates. They are really shocked ratings aren't super high with their highly pushed stars out? The guys wrestling now all the time like Rhodes, Bryan, the Shield, they've been unproven for years and the WWE thought they were going to be a huge success with all the guys they rammed down our throats for years out of the company due to injury? I don't get that...It doesn't make sense to me.....I mean what did they expect? When you only push one or two guys for years upon years, your business will go down, you have to slowly build people up and not panic.... because it does take awhile.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Golddust is great, he's killed it in every match he's been in so far with this storyline, creative are using him and Dusty to get Cody more over with the crowd, that's how stars are made, getting a rub from made men.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How stars are made? Getting a rub? You're getting a rub from guys that meant something to the wrestling business and were not jobbers most of their careers. You get a rub from wrestlers like Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair, etc. that were real players, main event caliber not from a weirdo jobber like Goldust.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you ignoring the fact that every match he has been in has been brilliant?

It's all about storyline development. Apart from last nights substandard ppv wwe has been at its most entertaining for quite a while.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I'm more worried about Big Show still being the consistent main focus in 2013 than a short term, still crisp as fuck Goldust being in the ring and ME one time since returning.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Poppycock.

Goldust was quite over in his initial run. He has remained a fan favorite largely throughout his career. It just never fell into place for him.

Great worker, incredibly dedicated, he has always deserved better than what he got. He's getting that chance now, an a younger gen that never saw him in his heyday gets to see him now.

He is still the same if not a bit better than he was back in the 90s. Too bad they cut his legendary entrance short on tonight's Raw. Seemed to be one of the many disappointing things that happened overall. Match was phenomenal though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think also it gets those nostalgia juices flowing seeing a wrestler from your boyhood era kicking some respect into the new kids on the block.

I never watched Dusty Rhodes in my childhood but when he took his belt off at Battleground ,ready to whip Dirty Dean i was all " Yea baby thats how we did it old school" :wade

Crazy old nostalgia and it sells.

Seeing Goldust hold his own makes an older fan like me invested in the match.

And whats with the Goldust hate, I reckon he was unfortunate to debut before his time.I will always have a soft spot for Goldie.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ummm Golddust was pretty big back in the day. He feuded with and sometimes got over on Rock, HHH, and Razor, and got huge pops. Later on he became a comedy midcarder, but at one point he was in one of the best PPV main events of the Attitude Era, and in fact was even the guy who took the mic and formed team USA(LOD, Golddust, Austin, Shamrock).

These days, honestly he's in the main event because he's BETTER and a BIGGER STAR than the rest of the roster. Who's decisively a bigger star than Golddust? Just Punk, Cena(out), Bryan, Orton, Big Show, maybe Ryback. WWF simply has no good wrestlers anymore so it makes sense that an Attitude Era guy would go up the card some. It's classic "big fish, small pond."

Move down the card a bit and who do you get? Scrubs like Alberto Del Rio, R Truth, and Kofi Kingston who wouldn't even get TV time on RAW in the Attitude Era and would be Sunday Night Heat jobbers. Golddust is 10x more charismatic and over than any of those guys. Putting him in the upper midcard and mixing him with main event is the right spot for him in today's depleted WWF.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Its pathetic now isnt it.
Absolutely pathetic

Wouldnt be surprised to see the return of Bluedust next

·
Registered
138 Posts
Golddust has had great matches the past while. I'm more than happy to see him in the main spot. Shows what can really happen given the chance.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Lol goldust was jobbing to Zack ryder in ecw .there no chance in hell i will take that clown serious

·
Banned
598 Posts
Oh get over yourself. Don't like it? Don't watch. You big baby
i dont like and i dont watch it. I just skip. But still its ridiculous

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I always liked him and thought he never got a fair shot. He was outshone by a galaxy of stars in the 90s. Now there's maybe five guys bigger than him. I'm glad to see him finally get his due.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
the problem is that Goldust might be getting used to get Cody over..but he's still more over than his brother..its actually getting Goldust over more. I mean all the We Want Goldust chants in their tag matches so far.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts