Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, i would watch them attempt to dominate the tag team scene, its a push for both guys and in the end....you have to do something with Goldust before he retires, would anyone else like to watch these guys tag besides just me?

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Goldust should be given another IC run ... not with Cody though, he is on the verge of a nice push, it would hold him down for a few months and that wouldn't do any good at all.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think that they both deserve pushes but not as a team. Cody has begun the transition to a main eventer on SD while Goldust hasn't had a match on RAW in ages so it wouldn't make sense to pair them together. Goldy could be used in the tag division with somebody like Yoshi to at least keep him relevant.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
No. I'd rather see the two feud. It might be too late to do that, I don't know, but you do have the two fallen sons of Dusty Rhodes. One is a cocky jerk and the other is...well he's Goldust. I think if nothing else, they could cut some emotional promos and give the feud some emotional impact.

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
I would love to see Goldust get one more IC title run. The man has earned that much with the quality of work he's been giving these last couple of years. Then as his last big thing before he retires have an emotional feud with his brother Cody with Cody putting him into retirement and getting a little momentum towards whatever they have planned for him on SD. Sounds like a good plan to me

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Honestly, i would watch them attempt to dominate the tag team scene, its a push for both guys and in the end....you have to do something with Goldust before he retires, would anyone else like to watch these guys tag besides just me?
Cody and Goldust should feud and Goldust should put Cody over before he retires.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
The problem is Cody just cut the "dashing Cody" promo so Goldust would have to turn heel for the two to tag. I think that Goldust should go out a face and probably with a singles title run or a PPV match. Like others have said, a feud between Cody and Goldust would be good. Maybe Cody wins the IC title, retains it in a rematch, he then comes out on Smackdown and cuts a promo on how he is the better Rhodes Eg: "My brother Dustin and even my father "Dusty" should worship me". That leads to Goldust interrupting the promo and the feud goes from there, Goldust wins the belt at Summerslam and then drops it to Cody in september or october possibly on PPV.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
A Booker/Goldust fued/team would be pretty entertaining, I'm digging Cody's DASHING gimmick and it would fit well with the Bizzare Goldust.
I don't think another Intercontinental or US run would be a good idea, guys like Yoshi, Masters, Bourne, JTG, Gallows, the Nexus members should get that opportunity.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Bad idea

And why does everyone on here seem to love goldust, but he isn't what he was, he's pretty poor now, I couldn't care less if he was on tv or not quite frankly

·
Registered
439 Posts
What if Goldust pulls a Festus and completely repackages himself as Dustin Rhodes and is pushed to the upper mid-card scene. He could tag with "Dashing" Cody until they feud where Cody retires his brother with their father sadly watching at ringside at SummerSlam.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts