Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You know since Goldust, a possible hall of famer in my eyes for his character, his success and his ability to give everything he has in the ring, every night.We all know Dustin Rhodes has battled demons all his life, as well as dealing with trying to create own legacy, and not use the Rhodes family name.He understands the business, and respects, and he taught the right ways how to tell a story in a ring.You can't deny Goldust alongside his Brother Cody, not kicking ass and taking names in a big way.Now being a Tag Champion with his Brother, he cleaned himself up, got into shape and understands now hey I'm not going to let my demons control my life, I control my life.I just like to acknowledge Dustin and how he's making a true comeback in the ring, where it goes in the future for him, who knows but I would love to see him get his own training camp up.Any other members want to give their praise to Goldust?

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Goldust- I think that this gimmick is awesome. Goldust was originally an eccentric movie buff quoting an endless amount of movie lines who lived in a world of fantasy and pretended to be a movie star himself in the mold of the old actresses in the golden age of Hollywood. I love the little things that make this gimmick special, painting himself gold to be like an Oscar, the Shattered Dreams productions with the lavish music and the wide screen presentation to give off an movie auora. I enjoy how the gimmick has aged and evolved over time, and while I didn't care for the gay overtones in the later 90s, it did add to the bizzarnes of the character, and even when programming called for less edge, I like how the Goldust character shifted to the bizzare pairing of Booker T and Goldust which produced comedic gold (no pun intended) and later the Goldust character being an savy in ring veteran who would give anyone a challenge while still maintaining weird qualities. It is to great credit of Dustin Rhodes that he has played this great gimmick out masterfully and as a good wrestler should, christens the gimmick in the ring with his unorthadox style to further cement the reputation of the bizzare one. An perfect blend of an great gimmick by itself partnered with a great character player and good evolution.

As a in ring worker I do not believe that Goldust gets his due credit. The man is not Chris Benoit by any means in regards to intensity or technical prowess and he doesn't have the ability to maximize the best of anyone like a Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart but the man has always been very solid on the fundamentals of wrestling and is a good in ring storyteller. I think it is a credit to Goldust that despite being 44 Goldust is still able to hold his own in the ring and work a great match mostly thanks to his very solid fundamental standing. Goldust's moveset selection I believe is also a credit to his legacy because really his unorthodox moveset is a extension of his brilliant character playing.

As a wrestler I have nothing but praise for Goldust and while I don't think that he is anywhere on the GOAT list for obvious reasons he is most certainly a mid level legend who is one of the best character players of or since his generation. He has had to roll with alot of character change and his versatility and ability has accounted for it in success. I think Goldust would be an excellent choice for trainer once he is finally done in the ring and while not very relevant if you wanted to go to NJPW, Goldust is someone I would recommend to an aspiring wrestler since he excells in everything you need for long term success in the company: Charisma, chemistry with most wrestlers in segments, versatility, premium promo ability, a good worker who wrestles a low risk clean executed moveset that ensures that injuries won't happen and basic enough for the audience to connect to.

Reactions: jay321_01

·
Registered
11,169 Posts

You know since Goldust, a possible hall of famer in my eyes for his character, his success and his ability to give everything he has in the ring, every night.We all know Dustin Rhodes has battled demons all his life, as well as dealing with trying to create own legacy, and not use the Rhodes family name.He understands the business, and respects, and he taught the right ways how to tell a story in a ring.You can't deny Goldust alongside his Brother Cody, not kicking ass and taking names in a big way.Now being a Tag Champion with his Brother, he cleaned himself up, got into shape and understands now hey I'm not going to let my demons control my life, I control my life.I just like to acknowledge Dustin and how he's making a true comeback in the ring, where it goes in the future for him, who knows but I would love to see him get his own training camp up.Any other members want to give their praise to Goldust?
This was beautiful. I'm teary eyed. Nothing else needs to be said.

P.S., I will say one more thing, "I'M PULLING FOR YOU GOLDUST!"

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
not going to lie since goldust came back he's been extremely impressive in the ring
better the the rock in ring wise, hell even better than rvd you wouldn't think hes 44 years old with the moves he pulls off

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it would be great if they gave him the WHC, although it was only for 1-2 months, he's over, and I think he would get a great support from the people as a face contender. First world championship at age 44? You've got a story there, then they could get Cody involved turning him heel and feuding his brother for the title. Much better than the last feuds involving the WHC title for sure.

·
Registered
702 Posts
He's been incredible. He's a great athlete still, his moves are compelling but most of all he's a great seller. When he's stuck in the Shield's corner and you see Cody pleading for him to make a tag the world stops turning. You really believe they're about to split him in two and it's the last thing you want to see. Amazing story telling in and out of the ring.

·
Registered
150 Posts
not going to lie since goldust came back he's been extremely impressive in the ring
better the the rock in ring wise, hell even better than rvd you wouldn't think hes 44 years old with the moves he pulls off
Wait. He's 44? He seriously looks 35-ish. Not lying.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Hated him back when he first started, but that's because I was supposed to. He's awesome and I'm happy he's getting a shot at a real run again.

Also, that video is fantastic. He seems like a geniuinely nice guy who wants to give back... And that's why good stuff is happening for him now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts