Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to make sense of just how incredibly selfish Goldberg was for returning. He was already a millionaire and clearly didn't need the money, he comes back and takes the top spot right away. Does fuck-all in all of his matches, does no house shows, puts absolutely no one over except Lesnar who he already beat twice before hand, squashes Kevin Owens and gets the title, gets a big Wrestlemania main event and WM payday, and then leaves. And he didn't draw a dime for his entire run. The only positive in all of this is that I'm glad the fans saw right through this scumbag and started booing him near the end. Hands down the most selfish and sickening return. Why, WHY did you guys enjoy his return?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'm still trying to make sense of just how incredibly selfish Goldberg was for returning. He was already a millionaire and clearly didn't need the money, he comes back and takes the top spot right away. Does fuck-all in all of his matches, does no house shows, puts absolutely no one over except Lesnar who he already beat twice before hand, squashes Kevin Owens and gets the title, gets a big Wrestlemania main event and WM payday, and then leaves. And he didn't draw a dime for his entire run. The only positive in all of this is that I'm glad the fans saw right through this scumbag and started booing him near the end. Hands down the most selfish and sickening return. Why, WHY did you guys enjoy his return?
Posts like this make me wonder why we dont have a "Remove reputation" or "Unlike" option in this forum.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
He was very clear that he didn't go back for the money, primarily (though I'm sure he received a huge pay day for it - I'd have wanted the same). Bill basically went back for the kids, for his son to see him perform live, and to please those who wanted to see him have another short hur-rah. Personally, I hated the people booing Bill, because it wasn't his fault how he was used. If you want to blame anyone, blame the WWE booking. Otherwise, booing twats can just do one and stop disrespecting a performer who was trying to do the best he could (even though he knew he couldn't compete like he used to, but hey - there was publicity in a Bill/Brock program, which they got).

I'd recommend you watch his goodbye (for now?) promo that aired on the network on the RAW after Mania 33.

Not saying I enjoyed his run (it certainly could've been done A LOT better), though no need to go calling the man a 'scumbag' and such when he was doing just what creative/Vince wanted him to do.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I don't disagree with OP, but I think this is more to do with WWE just giving a fuck about money more so then Goldberg wanted to be a scumbag...

Reactions: 449

·
Registered
710 Posts
How do you know that he "clearly didn't need the money"?

Maybe he wants to invest in some other business or something with the money.

I don't get why people despise others for their success in life.

Personally - I don't and never have liked the Goldberg character - but I'm not going to fault the guy for negotiating a deal with WWE and returning and making money. Blame WWE for the offer if anything..

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Yet another older wrestler bashing thread from this OP. Shocker.

Goldberg initial plan was to have his one match with Brock and go back home. Just wanted his kid to see him wrestle. Can't say that's selfish. The squash was Brock's idea. I think that the extremely positive reception he got from the crowds and even on here there was a plethora of poster talking about how grateful they were to be taken back to their childhood opened his mind to more and the company was willing to pay. Should he have turned it down if it's something he wanted to do? I wouldn't have.

The man practically killed himself trying to get to where he looked like his former self. He didn't coast. He could have. His matches would have been booked as squashes regardless of if he could have went in the ring or not. He's Goldberg. That's what Goldberg does. He squashes people. His WM matches proved that he could go for a few minutes.

I enjoyed his run. Owens was protected in his loss and was going to lose the title anyways. That doesn't bother me. Brock would he champion right now regardless. He was doing as he was told to do. As far as the personal finances of these performers go, I think the obsession is pathetic. People acting like they would have turned the money down because they would have thought it selfish to beat Kevin Owens in a match. Lmao!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
How many of these garbage threads are you going to have the make? We get it, you hate part timers (and anyone old). Just get over it, you'll never see Balor as the GM, no need to keep bitching
:punkout

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
He was doing it for his son and he wanted his son to see a Goldberg that was more close to his WCW run when he was on top of the world, not his last WWE run, why should he give a fuck what you smarky fans want?

And it was great for us fans who grew up on Goldberg to watch one last Goldberg run again and have him remind us of the great times in wrestling, which are no longer here anymore. Goldberg was the only good thing about the product for me when he was there cause unlike the rest of the roster, he was an actual star, it was good to see an actual star again and we'll never get to see a star like him anymore in wrestling, and now that Goldberg is gone now, the product is back to being completely dull and lifeless with this dull and lifeless roster.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Goldberg sucked in his prime. He sucked on his return.

One of the worst superstars of all time Imo, after a couple of matches squashing everyone does no one any favours, it doesn't make Goldberg look any better than before it just cements the other person as a long way off the top level.

The booking did that, but booking someone with as little talent as Goldberg in that way was sad. His original run put me off WCW.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Nobody beats The Rock on that subject.
Completely wrong on so many levels. The Rock actually put on great decent lengthed matches since his return in 2011. Unlike Oldberg who played it lazy the whole time in under 2 minute "matches". Punk is my favorite and even I was disappointed when he lost to The Rock at Royal Rumble (my very first WWE event was the day after too so I never got to see Punk with the belt), but it was an actual match with two dudes fighting for the belt unlike the bullshit Owens vs Oldberg was. That was literally Owens just handing over the belt to him for doing jack shit. Can't even compare that to The Rock vs CM Punk.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
He was doing it for his son and he wanted his son to see a Goldberg that was more close to his WCW run when he was on top of the world, not his last WWE run, why should he give a fuck what you smarky fans want?

And it was great for us fans who grew up on Goldberg to watch one last Goldberg run again and have him remind us of the great times in wrestling, which are no longer here anymore. Goldberg was the only good thing about the product for me when he was there cause unlike the rest of the roster, he was an actual star, it was good to see an actual star again and we'll never get to see a star like him anymore in wrestling, and now that Goldberg is gone now, the product is back to being completely dull and lifeless with this dull and lifeless roster.
Uhh, maybe because we're the ones who pay for the network, buy the merchandise, and attend the shows? Him wanting to impress his son in one last run is no justification for the bullshit we had to suffer through and for killing any credibility the current roster had/shitting on the talent. With that logic, why not have Big Show vs Shaq at Wrestlemania take up a spot on the card? Big Show's deserved it, right? Cause he should go out the way he wants to retire. Lmao, think a little. If he wanted to impress his son, then show him some old WCW footage or put some damn effort in. If anything, his son was wondering why he was getting booed constantly after Fastlane. It was a waste of everyone's time.

It's so funny how people constantly try to defend this recent run of his. People nowadays just love mediocrity, ey?

Reactions: CJD88

·
Registered
441 Posts
And he didn't draw a dime for his entire run.
What do people even base this on?

Is it based on a careful, in-depth analysis of year-over-year attendance, network subscription, TV rating, and merchandise sales figures, adjusted for overall downward industry trends and other factors?

or is it just "Mania/Survivor Series/RAW sells solely based on the Mania/Survivor Series/RAW name, therefore no one in the wrestling business today is a draw."

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Uhh, maybe because we're the ones who pay for the network, buy the merchandise, and attend the shows? Him wanting to impress his son in one last run is no justification for the bullshit we had to suffer through and for killing any credibility the current roster had/shitting on the talent. With that logic, why not have Big Show vs Shaq at Wrestlemania take up a spot on the card? Big Show's deserved it, right? Cause he should go out the way he wants to retire. Lmao, think a little. If he wanted to impress his son, then show him some old WCW footage or put some damn effort in. If anything, his son was wondering why he was getting booed constantly after Fastlane. It was a waste of everyone's time.

It's so funny how people constantly try to defend this recent run of his. People nowadays just love mediocrity, ey?
You mean the same idiots who threaten to cancel the WWE Network everytime they don't get their way? Who said they would cancel the WWE Network after Goldberg won the title from Kevin Owens? If they didn't wanna suffer through it then maybe they should've went ahead with their empty meaningless threats of cancelling and not watched because there was another portion of fans who happened to enjoy Goldberg's run. LOL, like the roster had any credibility before Goldberg's run. They're dull and lifeless now and they were dull and lifeless before Goldberg came back, so there was no credibility for Goldberg to kill. And yeah, Big Show did deserve to have his retirement match with Shaq on the main card of Wrestlemania after all he's given to the business. He's had a more impressive career than most guys on the roster and is a future Hall Of Famer but because fans like you have this stupid mentality today where you put wrestling first, are all about "tha movez" and are obsessed over having 5 star technical/high flying wrestling matches, "Big Show doesn't deserve a spot on the main card over a vanilla midget like Sami Zayn or Finn Balor", LMAO. But I guess you're okay with The Undertaker having his final match on the same main card and not the pre-show, right? Fuck off with that ridiculous bullshit logic. Goldberg wanted his son to see him live in person, watching WCW footage of his dad isn't the same as seeing his dad wrestle live. I doubt his son was even born when Goldberg had his WCW run and I'm sure he has seen WCW footage of him but like I said, it doesn't give him the same experience as watching his dad live in person. Yeah, his son probably was wondering why everyone was booing his dad because he's a kid who doesn't understand the wrestling world like we do on forums, he's just a kid who was happy to see his dad wrestle and become a champion in person rather than on TV and disrespectful cunts had to go and ruin the moment and enjoyment for him because their favourite crappy talent who aren't good enough to get pushed weren't getting pushed and they actually think Kevin Owens was a good champion when he fucking sucked and didn't draw a dime. Your's and a lot of those cunt fans logic is, is if this guy is a good wrestler, he must be champion and stay champion despite not having Goldberg like charisma.

Yeah, I guess people do love mediocrity nowadays as they love the current WWE roster and think they are actually any good when they aren't half the star that Goldberg is.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
You mean the same idiots who threaten to cancel the WWE Network everytime they don't get their way? Who said they would cancel the WWE Network after Goldberg won the title from Kevin Owens? If they didn't wanna suffer through it then maybe they should've went ahead with their empty meaningless threats of cancelling and not watched because there was another portion of fans who happened to enjoy Goldberg's run. LOL, like the roster had any credibility before Goldberg's run. They're dull and lifeless now and they were dull and lifeless before Goldberg came back, so there was no credibility for Goldberg to kill. And yeah, Big Show did deserve to have his retirement match with Shaq on the main card of Wrestlemania after all he's given to the business. He's had a more impressive career than most guys on the roster and is a future Hall Of Famer but because fans like you have this stupid mentality today where you put wrestling first, are all about "tha movez" and are obsessed over having 5 star technical/high flying wrestling matches, "Big Show doesn't deserve a spot on the main card over a vanilla midget like Sami Zayn or Finn Balor", LMAO. But I guess you're okay with The Undertaker having his final match on the same main card and not the pre-show, right? Fuck off with that ridiculous bullshit logic. Goldberg wanted his son to see him live in person, watching WCW footage of his dad isn't the same as seeing his dad wrestle live. I doubt his son was even born when Goldberg had his WCW run and I'm sure he has seen WCW footage of him but like I said, it doesn't give him the same experience as watching his dad live in person. Yeah, his son probably was wondering why everyone was booing his dad because he's a kid who doesn't understand the wrestling world like we do on forums, he's just a kid who was happy to see his dad wrestle and become a champion in person rather than on TV and disrespectful cunts had to go and ruin the moment and enjoyment for him because their favourite crappy talent who aren't good enough to get pushed weren't getting pushed and they actually think Kevin Owens was a good champion when he fucking sucked and didn't draw a dime. Your's and a lot of those cunt fans logic is, is if this guy is a good wrestler, he must be champion and stay champion despite not having Goldberg like charisma.

Yeah, I guess people do love mediocrity nowadays as they love the current WWE roster and think they are actually any good when they aren't half the star that Goldberg is.
Anyone who says Big Show deserved to have his match at Wrestlemania with Shaq doesn't even deserve my time. It's not that I don't believe Big Show deserves a retirement match at the grandest stage, but that Shaq doesn't deserve a spot on the card. But if that's really what you find entertaining then there's not much I could say to sway your opinion. I enjoy entertaining matches over larger than life "stars" who can't wrestle. And I'm not ashamed to say that.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts