Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from PWinsider.

Bill Goldberg was not a fan of the Undertaker/Lesnar confrontation over the weekend.

On his twitter, when asked about it, he wrote "looked weak to me" and "it served it's purpose but ill timed".

He also said if he was offered to face Lesnar again, he would do it "in a second" and about facing Undertaker, he would do it "in a NY minute".

He also called Edge's spear "weak" and his favorite wrestler as a kid was Bruiser Brody. When asked if he would make a return at WM 27, he said "not really up to me right now".

Apologies if it's been posted already, I couldn't see it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
lol my interpretation on this, Goldberg sees the hype a single confrontation provided - and decided that wouldn't be a bad thing for him to be involved in.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Lol @ Goldberg calling Edge's Spear "weak". I hope from now on people won't say that the IWC are the only ones who complain about it.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,619 Posts
A Goldberg/Undertaker fued would have been pretty epic if it was done.

And yes Edge's spear does look weak, but the way Goldberg did it, you tend to wonder if he could have seriously hurt someone. Nonetheless he still has the best Spear ever

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I always think of the Royal Rumble 2004. When Goldberg speared Nunzio, I literally thought he had killed him. That was one of the sickest spears I had ever seen.
This is the most brutal one he's ever done.

That actually killed Christian. The Christian you see today is in fact a robot manufactured in China.

Edge's Spear sucks. If he could do a Spear like that, I would look forward to it every show.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Edge's spear is so horrible, it makes me sad. Why in this world has he stuck with it all this time?

·
Ho!
18,106 Posts
I do wonder why Edge has always stuck with the spear. Edge is my favorite in WWE right now, and has been (along with Taker) for the past few years, but his spear has looked weak from day one. He just doesn't have the right body to make it look convincing. They should've just tried to build up the Edgeucution again or should have given Edge a new finisher entirely years ago but now that the spear actually works for Edge as a face setting up for it and getting the crowd pumped, I can't see that happening.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Comparing Goldberg's rampaging spear to Edge's tackle-hug is like holding a verbal debate between a deaf and a mute. One's clearly outmatched.

As far as Goldberg's comments go, I'd be very interested in seeing a match between Berg and Taker. Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of timetable we'd be looking at, in terms of the build-up.

I'd like to think WWE could just use some savvy video packages to remind people of Goldberg's awesome winning streak, but I'm unsure if that'd be enough to really get modern WWE fans to buy into the idea of Goldberg ending the streak.

As for why Edge still uses the spear, well that comes down to listening to the fans. Edge has always struck me as being a lot like a teenage high school chick. He's easily influenced. If you were to tell said teenage high school chick that she looked good in a pair of jeans, she'd wear those jeans to every major outing, date, rally, or game.

Likewise, Edge heard the reaction his first spear received when he caught Jeff Hardy in mid-air (back at KOTR 1999) in the midst of a "Poetry In Motion" move. From that day on, Edge adopted the spear as a major move in his arsenal, and he's never looked back.

... Despite the fact that it rarely looks good.

... Despite the fact that the reason his first spear got a pop was because it came out of nowhere, IN MID-AIR, on a frail looking Jeff Hardy, who sold it like he was folded in half by the hands of Death himself.

... Despite the fact that he has better moves, like the elevated DDT and that sweet Sharpshooter variation.

But, no. You see, the elevated DDT and that submission move don't garner the same reactions as that spear... that one time...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Comparing Goldberg's rampaging spear to Edge's tackle-hug is like holding a verbal debate between a deaf and a mute. One's clearly outmatched.

As far as Goldberg's comments go, I'd be very interested in seeing a match between Berg and Taker. Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of timetable we'd be looking at, in terms of the build-up.

I'd like to think WWE could just use some savvy video packages to remind people of Goldberg's awesome winning streak, but I'm unsure if that'd be enough to really get modern WWE fans to buy into the idea of Goldberg ending the streak.

As for why Edge still uses the spear, well that comes down to listening to the fans. Edge has always struck me as being a lot like a teenage high school chick. He's easily influenced. If you were to tell said teenage high school chick that she looked good in a pair of jeans, she'd wear those jeans to every major outing, date, rally, or game.

Likewise, Edge heard the reaction his first spear received when he caught Jeff Hardy in mid-air (back at KOTR 1999) in the midst of a "Poetry In Motion" move. From that day on, Edge adopted the spear as a major move in his arsenal, and he's never looked back.

... Despite the fact that it rarely looks good.

... Despite the fact that the reason his first spear got a pop was because it came out of nowhere, IN MID-AIR, on a frail looking Jeff Hardy, who sold it like he was folded in half by the hands of Death himself.

... Despite the fact that he has better moves, like the elevated DDT and that sweet Sharpshooter variation.

But, no. You see, the elevated DDT and that submission move don't garner the same reactions as that spear... that one time...
So what? Hogan putting his hand in his ear and Triple H spitting water was something that they did it for the first time out of random and since the audience liked it they're still doing it nowadays. Are they "teenage high school chicks" too?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To be honest I prefer Edge doing the spear when it comes out of nowhere, atleast it sells a million times better. When his opponent is on the floor and he basically does an impression of HBK mixed with Randy Orton then does a half hearted spear (all of which takes about 20 seconds) it really is an anti-climax. Edge isn't a big guy, he's not gonna rip people apart with his spears like Goldberg but they would sell 100% better if he went back to doing them completely out of the blue, isn't that where the "Spear! Spear! Spear!" chants came from?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts