Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,739 Posts
How did Becky winning all the matches and never letting Asuka get the upperhand on her in a segment put Asuka over?
Sorry I won't take this seriously anymore considering the entire premise of the feud was about Becky never getting an upper hand on Asuka and Asuka always having her number.

And who is this ALL that wanted Fiend to lose? a couple of broken record basement dwellers on WF?

There is a clear difference between guys like Brock, Taker, Oldbitch, and Roman and Charlotte, Seth, and Becky, Bray, and Bryan.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
LOL at OP's hate for Goldberg in the Owens thread and now this one. If Vince is set on Goldberg/Reigns for the title and Goldberg refused to take it off Wyatt, he'd have Roman take it instead.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I was already disgusted at what Goldberg did to Kevin Owens 3 years ago by ruining his career but the fact that he's done the exact same thing AGAIN today to another hard working, full time star is so sickening that at this point, Goldberg is officially the biggest piece of shit in wrestling. I'm literally in disbelief at what a selfish scumbag this asshole is for destroying the careers of two future big time stars who worked so fucking hard for this company and worked so hard to get over with the fans.

And for what exactly? Goldberg is already a multi-millionaire and clearly doesn't need the money. He's already had a successful, decorated career and he has no fucking business coming back in any capacity. The fact that he was so perfectly willing to destroy, sabotage and bury two amazing stars just to collect another paycheck and get one more chance in the spotlight in his pathetic, washed up career, shows just what a greedy, selfish, pile of garbage he is. I hope Goldberg gets booed out of the fucking building at Wrestlemania and I hope the fans completely reject and shit all over this loser. He deserves NO respect.
How the hell did you get the 13 remaining members on this forum to like this?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
He probably is, but not because of this. He's getting paid to do a job.

If someone's offering you money to do something you're no longer qualified to do, it's on them not you.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I don't give a shit. If Goldberg had an ounce of class and respect for this business, he would say "No Vince, this is wrong to do"
I stand corrected. You got even more people to like this dumbass post. “Gee, no Vince. I’d rather not collect millions of dollars because the dude in the Halloween mask needs to headline WrestleMania. You can take your big ass check that you’re basically forcing on me and shove it“.

·
Registered
494 Posts
How dare that Goldberg draw bigger ratings and be the more appealing option for a WrestleMania title shot? Grrr at that man.
Is there any real truth in this though and tbh if a fulltime guy had been given the same treatment that goldberg has had then maybe wwe could have someone that draws but instead they stop and start nearly every wrestlers push with 50/50 booking.

I mean why couldn't lashley have been built up like goldberg and ran through people, he would eve be able to make it look far more impressive with his superior look and strength over goldberg?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,212 Posts
It’s actually a diasterously short sighted choice. Bray and several other younger talent are what will form the core of the WWE over the next 5-7 years. Feeding them to ancient stars who only appear three times a year is undermining that core.

So as Goldberg ruins the Fiend, or if Kevin Nash shows up in NXT to squash Adam Cole, or if Undertaker buries Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in a handicap match....ask yourself this? Would the WWF of 1987 had booked Bruno Sammartino, Pat Patterson, or Gorilla Monsoon to squash Randy Savage or Ted Dibiase? Because that is the equivalent of what is going on here.
I get what your saying but at the same time, having a guy like Goldberg hold the title adds a little bit of prestige to it. Makes it seem worth holding. Keep in mind how recent the Universal Championship is, it doesn't have a lineage like WWE Championship does. WWE had to start fresh with the universal championship so having guys like Goldberg and Lesnar hold the title might at least give the championship a sense of credibility to it because these guys are bonafide stars from the older generation. There's not many wrestlers anymore with the star power or name value of Goldberg so when a chance comes around to put the title on them, they take it, adding to the title's prestige is also important to the future of the company.

In any case, Goldberg is set to face Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and he'll most likely put Reigns over, Drew McIntyre is set to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania and chances are Drew will go over Lesnar, and Cena is now going to face The Fiend at Wrestlemania and there's a chance Cena will put The Fiend over. That's three matches set for Wrestlemania that have potential to help build three stars for the future going forward. Let's wait and see what happens after Wrestlemania before we judge if future is ruined.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The reason is only one: money.

As 3 years ago, when Lesnar / Goldberg was deemed more profitable than Owens / Jericho as the main event (and the quality of the two matches confirmed the monetary intuition), Reigns / Goldberg was considered more profitable than Reigns / Wyatt this year too .
The problem is that the new levers are not seen as profitable, wrongly or rightly. And that Wyatt is apparently not considered a main eventer yet, and probably never will.
Either way, The Fiend would have lost anyway. He could also lose with Goldberg without problems, but with an adequate history behind him. It was enough to say that the Fiend becomes invincible when he generates fear in the opponent. Goldberg had none and won.

·
Southern Pride
3,387 Posts
Focus your anger at Vince. He is the one making the decisions. Throwing a lot of money at talent to use them the way he wants. Any of us would consider taking the offer like Goldberg did if we were in his shoes. It's the same reason why HBK returned to the ring one more time in Saudi. Money for their families.

·
Banned
499 Posts
Stop bring up wrestlers they don't need to be brought up. It makes you sound pathetic.
this lol, he's beyond pathetic, one of the worst posters on this forum easily. literally CONSTANTNLY,in EVERY fuckin post,even the ones that DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM, he brings up randomly seth,becky,fiend etc, tho I'm holdin out hope he's just trollin,I have hard time believin someone could be THIS..:SS

·
Premium Member
10,739 Posts
Focus your anger at Vince. He is the one making the decisions. Throwing a lot of money at talent to use them the way he wants. Any of us would consider taking the offer like Goldberg did if we were in his shoes. It's the same reason why HBK returned to the ring one more time in Saudi. Money for their families.
More money* For people who should have fucking retired. Except they're probably pieces of shit who blew it, or who are just more greedy, what the fuck is wrong with calling these people out on their selfishness and greed?

Many here just don't seem to get it. They never will, cause they're probably a piece of a shit too. What can I idiotic from the most retarded fan base in the world, ones that boo the performers and cheer the fucking devil in charge everytime he appears. I have never been more disgusted to be a wrestling fan than the past 2 days.
(this wasn't meant to you Southerner)

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Imagine FALSELY blaming the low ratings on Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch last year instead of Vince :LOL:

No, giving both world titles to 2 part-timers in Brock Lesnar and Goldberg in 2020 (when they're already cemented as established stars since 2003, which was 17 YEARS AGO) is a TERRIBLE decision for the long-term.

Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are FAR better choices to have as world champions because they're ACTUALLY there every week to perform for the fans. They can actually try to elevate and build up other full-time talents on the main roster (unlike Brock who squashes pretty much everyone on the current roster, but yet you seem to strangely support these shitty booking decisions involving him despite the fact that you continuously whine about there being no stars in WWE today).

Becky Lynch did everything she could UNDER Vince's power to elevate Asuka's stock and put her over as a credible threat just recently. She actually tries to make her opponents in her feuds look like bigger deals.

Plus, how the hell is Seth Rollins "selfish" when he's the one who put over Bray Wyatt in order for the Fiend to become the new Universal Champion a few months ago? Rollins also put over Keith Lee cleanly at Survivor Series by taking the pin. Not only that, but he's ALSO responsible for AOP and (Buddy) Murphy being brought back to relevance when the former was off TV for several months before aligning with Rollins whereas the latter was in danger of being lost in direction after taking 3 consecutive losses to Aleister Black. Hell, Murphy managed to win gold (one-half of the Raw Tag titles along with Rollins) ONE WEEK after aligning with him under his new Messiah character. Rollins is most likely going to put over Kevin Owens by the end of their fun feud at Wrestlemania 36.

Rollins did more for MULTIPLE full-time wrestlers over the past 4 months than both of the current part-time world champions have done over the past couple of years. For the record, Rollins IS worthy enough to be featured in the main-event scene (as much as hearing that really frustrates you deep down inside).

Lesnar and Goldberg being the world champions in 2020 is EASILY WITHOUT A DOUBT (one of, if not) THE biggest problem about WWE today. The fact that there are still some "passionate" fans who support these shitty pair of world champions in 2020 today is a big reason why WWE will continue doing the status-quo.

No wonder why WWE has no stars today. They'd rather have newer/fresh top names like Bray Wyatt and Kofi Kingston get squashed within a couple of minutes in order to put over the nostalgia acts so that they can win more world titles that they don't even need. Hopefully, Drew McIntyre and Roman Reigns take both world championships away from them as soon as possible by Wrestlemania 36 because this obsession with the part-time acts is inexcusable at this point.
I would call it lazy, hotshot, or at minimum short sighted booking. What WWE is ultimately setting themselves up for is a scenario very similar to that in 1994. Then, we had the entire run of main event singles stars from the Golden Era depart the company (Hogan, Piper, Warrior, Savage, Dibiase, etc). The then-WWF was faced with the prospect of having to create new superstars in rapid fashion. A few worked (Yokozuna, Razor Ramon), some were middling (Diesel, Bret Hart*), and some failed (Luger, Borga, Gonzales). Without an organic transition from the old stars to the new, without the new stars getting wins over the old stars, it was very difficult for the company to create the next Hogan, Dibiase, or Savage. And it contributed to the wrestling recession of that time.

Similarly, what happens on five years when Bill Goldberg, Undertaker, HHH, HBK, or even John Cena cannot it will no longer make the occasional appearances to boost viewership or anchor Saudi shows? WWE will have to then rely on and build their core roster. It’s a very time consumptive process with no guarantee of success.

*while Bret Hart anchored WWF in 1993-1994 and helped keep the company afloat (particularly valuable in European tours) he was not the catalyst to a second Golden Era. His runs as the FoTC were shadows of Hogan’s and Savage’s runs, and I’d say his most financially successful run did not come until 1997 when he turned heel.

·
Registered
851 Posts
LOL...I am pissed off about Goldberg winning the title too, BUT, he is not the biggest scumbag! The biggest scumbag was and always be: Vincent Kennedy McMahon!!! You can also throw in his brown-nosers like Bruce Prichard who happens to be overseeing Smackdown and probably was in his ear with this one.

If I am Goldberg and Vince and the WWE call me and say we want you to win the title in Saudi in a 3 minute match then put over Roman Reigns in a title match at Wrestlemania and you will get (hypothetically) $5,000,000, wouldn't he be a fool not to take it????? Making that type of dough for a few appearances and probably a total of less than 10 minutes of ring action is a sweet deal!!!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts