Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
The Fiend sucks. Go outside and talk to the opposite sex or something.
I'm not a big fan of The Fiend and I agree that he sucks but that doesn't mean that Oldberg had to basically squash him so fast. Oldberg's title reign had better be a short one or WWE is going to lose a lot of fans.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's kind of hard to not help someone who has helped you. Vince called him and payed him a ton of money. You can tell Goldberg doesn't even want to be there. He knows he can't do it anymore.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I could understand people being unhappy, but calling him a scumbag seems a bit over the top to me. I didn't like it myself but it is what it is. Plus Goldberg is a bigger name than The Fiend and it make sense that they would put the belt on him to an extent.
It’s actually a diasterously short sighted choice. Bray and several other younger talent are what will form the core of the WWE over the next 5-7 years. Feeding them to ancient stars who only appear three times a year is undermining that core.

So as Goldberg ruins the Fiend, or if Kevin Nash shows up in NXT to squash Adam Cole, or if Undertaker buries Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in a handicap match....ask yourself this? Would the WWF of 1987 had booked Bruno Sammartino, Pat Patterson, or Gorilla Monsoon to squash Randy Savage or Ted Dibiase? Because that is the equivalent of what is going on here.

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you're perfectly willing to destroy the careers of two men just to get one more quick payday when you're already a fucking millionaire, you're a SCUMBAG.
Sure thing - you certainly aren't over reacting about the results of a fictitious sport or anything like that. The guy must be a SCUMBAG for stating an opinion over a fake sport. Got it.

I must also be a scumbag for rooting for Luke Skywalker to defeat Darth Vader, since Vader was clearly the better worker and character than Skywalker.

LMAO - Do some of you people actually think, like at all, about the stuff that you post on these boards?

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
The Fiend is possibly the worst gimmick of all time.

Will Goldberg do better business than Wyatt in the Wrestlemania main event?

There lies your answer.

And it isn't all on Wyatt. He has been booked horrifically. As has most of the current roster.

Goldberg is a throwback to when wrestling was hot. My friends know who Goldberg is. They think the Wyatt character is embarrasing garbage. This isn't sesame street.

WWE would be dead without Goldberg, Edge, Taker, Batista, Brock just as AEW would be dead without Jericho.
Business? I may be mistaken, but this is how I see it.

It’s about Goldberg vs Reigns for the title and Cena/Fiend non-title OR

Cena vs Bray Title match and Reigns vs Goldberg non-title.

How I see it is Cena vs Wyatt title match will have much higher interest being a title match, while Goldberg vs Reigns has little added-value interest, maybe as a singular match, Roman vs Goldberg is the biggest, but as combination for the show I wonder how much is actually lost, because I assure you, there isn't a lot of cross-over between Cena and Goldberg fans. Oh, and Cena's a fat draw #fact. Bigger than Goldberg, career-wise.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
If you're perfectly willing to destroy the careers of two men just to get one more quick payday when you're already a fucking millionaire, you're a SCUMBAG.
What is your definition of “destroy the careers of”?

Believe me I hate what happened too but I’m not putting this on Bill.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
getting real annoyed when new stars who are putting in the hard work constantly get their title taken on the road to wrestlemania

happened to kevin owens,cm punk,now the fiend and plenty more all in the name of nostalgia that wont be around forever

1 or 2 thing will transpire

wwe will be fumbling because they have no stars anymore - and then wonder why
or talent like bray gonna take their talent elsewhere just like moxley

·
Registered
539 Posts
Business? I may be mistaken, but this is how I see it.

It’s about Goldberg vs Reigns for the title and Cena/Fiend non-title OR

Cena vs Bray Title match and Reigns vs Goldberg non-title.

How I see it is Cena vs Wyatt title match will have much higher interest being a title match, while Goldberg vs Reigns has little added-value interest, maybe as a singular match, Roman vs Goldberg is the biggest, but as combination for the show I wonder how much is actually lost, because I assure you, there isn't a lot of cross-over between Cena and Goldberg fans. Oh, and Cena's a fat draw #fact. Bigger than Goldberg, career-wise.
They wanted the title off Wyatt for Mania, thats as much we know.

How about Reigns still faces Wyatt at Wrestlemania but for the title its Goldberg against Cena. If Cena loses he retires.

Reigns and Wyatt are not on the same level as Cena and Goldberg. It makes sense to do the superstar match, like Cena against Rock

·
Premium Member
10,723 Posts
I just realized I would love to hear Punk's take on this on Backstage.

They wanted the title off Wyatt for Mania, thats as much we know.

How about Reigns still faces Wyatt at Wrestlemania but for the title its Goldberg against Cena. If Cena loses he retires.

Reigns and Wyatt are not on the same level as Cena and Goldberg. It makes sense to do the superstar match, like Cena against Rock
Cena vs Goldberg... FFS..whatever, do it..let the crowd shit on them.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,395 Posts
Most smarks are so embarrassing.

If you're this upset over Goldberg popping up and doing this twice in 3 years why aren't you upset about the careers that guys like Rollins, Reigns, etc kill every week?

The Fiend had a shelf life that was rapidly approaching. Fantastic character, but there's so much baggage that comes with him that makes him unwatchable. The Fiends Title run was complete and total garbage because all the matches were duds and most of his segments were just copy and paste "lights out, sneak attack"

And no matter how badly Indy Smarks want it to be so Kevin Owens was never becoming a big Star.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The Fiend became stale extremely quickly so at least we've been saved of that. But Goldberg doesn't have the say over what his feuds are, like everyone else he does what the boss tells him. Lay off the doritos and mountain dew and go outside.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is one of the biggest overreation on a thread I seen in a while.Goldburg won't be a champion for long, probably until Wrestlemania.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,435 Posts
Most smarks are so embarrassing.

If you're this upset over Goldberg popping up and doing this twice in 3 years why aren't you upset about the careers that guys like Rollins, Reigns, etc kill every week?

The Fiend had a shelf life that was rapidly approaching. Fantastic character, but there's so much baggage that comes with him that makes him unwatchable. The Fiends Title run was complete and total garbage because all the matches were duds and most of his segments were just copy and paste "lights out, sneak attack"

And no matter how badly Indy Smarks want it to be so Kevin Owens was never becoming a big Star.
Don't justify stupidity.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm officially done with the product. I never watched the show and have generally been only keeping up to date via WWE's youtube channel but it's clear that they will never change from the way they have been in the last few years.

I wasn't a huge fan of Brays gimmick but let's just take out the fact whether or not you like the gimmick. Let's just look at it from a kayfabe sense. WWE spent months building up this "unstoppable monster" making him look unhuman and over powered. Fed current roster superstars to him after another, including Seth Rollins who hit him with countless curb stomps, weapons and let's not even go on about the Hell in a Cell. We also had Daniel Bryan, The Miz and various others.

Everyone is wondering, what is it going to take to defeat this monster? What BIG thing is gonna happen to finally keep him down, WWE's answer? A 50+ legend who has ALREADY LOST TWICE SINCE RETURNING to beat him in a couple of minutes with pathetic looking spears (let's be honest, there not what they used to be). It's absolutely disgusting WWE booking, regardless what you think of Brays character/gimmick.

It has NOTHING to do with Wyatt losing, it's how he lost. He was fed to a PART TIME 50+ legend who doesn't need the rub, won't be around enough for it really to mean anything and has completely fucking killed The Fiends gimmick in the process of doing so. It's a slap in the face to the WWE roster (especially Rollins) considering how they was fed to him, it's a slap in the face to Bray and it's a slap in the face to the fucking audience.

If they wanted the title off him? Fine, no qualms about that but at least do it in a fucking manner that makes sense. It's not just the Wyatt situation either, so many other results/bookings in the past 6 months have been so bad that it's laughable.

Agree with the sentiment too, for Goldberg to accept this type of booking is fucking shocking also. He didn't need to go over that way, he could have let The Fiend get offense in, it wouldn't hurt his character as The Fiend until now had destroyed everyone. The victory itself would have been enough. Bray if he has any self respect should get the fuck out of that company when he has the chance but for me, that's the last straw. Not that it matters anyways as I only watched via youtube but fuck even doing that anymore. It's like watching a movie with the consistently bad ending, were you keep watching it over and over in the hope the ending changes and it VERY RARELY ever fucking does. They just don't learn.

In summary, I'm done. I'm not a Bray fan boy, I didn't care much for the gimmick but you can't honestly say that booking was the right call, it's absolutely atrocious.

P.S I also would apply this to when Goldberg did the same with Kevin Owens and any other ridiculous booking decisions in the last few years. This is not just down to this one off decision, it's the relentless amount of poor decisions which has finally broke the camels back for me.

FUCK WWE.

81 - 100 of 157 Posts