Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
11,671 Posts
You have a point in regards to old talent coming in and not putting over less established young talent but The Fiend is just ridiculous right now I'm glad he was humanized a little too overpowered.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Because his son never seen him wrestle. I don’t agree with him going over but I’m sure that’s why he come back a few years back just for that. It’ll be on Vince and if someone said to me how you fancy pissing a lot of people of but I’ll give you a mil. I’m all in
I don't care whether he won or lost - but the original post said 'Multi-Millionaire'..... he sure did earn millions of $$$ over the years, but cash he has on him right now... no way its multiple millions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was already disgusted at what Goldberg did to Kevin Owens 3 years ago by ruining his career but the fact that he's done the exact same thing AGAIN today to another hard working, full time star is so sickening that at this point, Goldberg is officially the biggest piece of shit in wrestling. I'm literally in disbelief at what a selfish scumbag this asshole is for destroying the careers of two future big time stars who worked so fucking hard for this company and worked so hard to get over with the fans.

And for what exactly? Goldberg is already a multi-millionaire and clearly doesn't need the money. He's already had a successful, decorated career and he has no fucking business coming back in any capacity. The fact that he was so perfectly willing to destroy, sabotage and bury two amazing stars just to collect another paycheck and get one more chance in the spotlight in his pathetic, washed up career, shows just what a greedy, selfish, pile of garbage he is. I hope Goldberg gets booed out of the fucking building at Wrestlemania and I hope the fans completely reject and shit all over this loser. He deserves NO respect.
KO got distracted by Jericho when he lost to Goldberg.

The Fiend lost clean, that's way worse IMO.

The current generation superstars... they're a joke because of this kind of booking. In 10 years, when the attitude era superstars are gone, this current generation superstars have no legacy and wwe wont be able to use them to get cheap pops from the crowd.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Fiend vs Cena and Reigns vs Goldberg are much bigger matchups than Cena vs Elias and Reigns vs Fiend. It was the right call. And it was Vince's call so direct your petty anger at him.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hahahaha, I love a SMARK meltdown when a genuine star beats on of their indy style geeks.

The Fiend is a fail experiment. Goldberg vs Reigns is by far a bigger draw than the Fiend vs Reigns. You're only lying to yourself and the poor starving African children by saying otherwise.

·
Team AEW
2,961 Posts
If you watch the first episode of Ruthless Aggression documentary and listen to what Stone Cold said about how he said "F*ck you" to Vince's idea about put over Lesnar, without buildup,no storyline whatsoever and Vince was think everyone would forget with this match three years later, then you will understand Vince only do care with how to create buzz by make cheap heat.
Well, if he still thinks that getting the fans all pissed off is a good business idea, I won't argue with that. I'm not an owner of a billionaire dollar company, I don't know how things are done. It's just common sense to me, but if that's his thing - whatever. Next time he tries to build someone, I'm not gonna believe it. Right now, he tries with Drew McIntyre, so fuck him then, who's to say Vince won't drop his push right before Mania and won't have him get squashed by Lesnar? This Fiend push clearly established in the fans eyes, that old-timers are still a major priority in the company, so they still refuse to make stars. Right now, I'm not buying Mania, since they showed me they don't value their own.

Ya that part i clearly dont understand. Goldberg was a hot commodity in 2003..and back then, you used him to put Triple H and his buddies over!!! and now you want to push Goldberg .. The way Vince thinks is astonishing :D

Seriously though, I guess Goldberg wants to be all nice to Vince and all.. But he should have asked Vince to fuck off with his stupid idea like Stone Cold did when he was the top guy being asked to put over a new comer Brock clean with no build whatsoever on a random Raw.
Goldberg ain't gonna turn down a championship victory, if that means he's gonna main event Wrestlemania. And you know, apparently, people are so used to these things happen, even journalists think that Goldberg burying Wyatt and becoming the champ is not that bad of an idea. Look at Alvarez, he's laughing at people angry about this decision. He truly thinks Wyatt can be rehabbed in 5 minutes after this. Big LOL. All they've done is show people they still don't care about their own full-time wrestlers, they can build them up for 6 months onle for them to over part-timers, in 10 seconds, just like that. And that's right before Wrestlemania, when they are still, with the straight face, trying to tell us - here's this new challenger, Drew McIntyre, here's his life's story, he wins a lot (all of a sudden), here guys - he's TOTALLY gonna win against Brock at Mania. Yeah... I kinda call bullshit on that now.

·
Team AEW
2,961 Posts
Hahahaha, I love a SMARK meltdown when a genuine star beats on of their indy style geeks.

The Fiend is a fail experiment. Goldberg vs Reigns is by far a bigger draw than the Fiend vs Reigns. You're only lying to yourself and the poor starving African children by saying otherwise.
You don't get it. Funny thing is your argument could be twisted on Goldberg himself. Imagine, when Goldberg was green as fuck and wasn't a big star yet, you basically say it would've been a right decision to put Hogan over him, because Hogan draws more. So, Goldberg would've never been a star in the first place. Or, imagine when Austin was on a rise in 97, you have him beat all the guys in WWF only for Bruno to return and kick his ass. Seems like a good business right?

That's why WWE is in the shits now. What is this "draw" talk again? Wyatt is not a failed experiment by any means, he is LOVED by the fans, he deserved that spot. How many times Goldberg or other people are gonna come back and job the current talent? Doing something that was never done to them when they were young? It's fucking stupid. Yeah, now you'll make more money out of Goldberg vs Reigns, but in the future when there's no Goldberg anymore, fans will turn away, because you've killed everybody on your current roster.

I'm amazed how people think it's a fine idea. Wow.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

the post above by @RBrooks puts it perfectly.. But then again, think about it, Roman is and was a failed experiment as well... No matter how much Vince tried to potray the live audience as a vocal minority, it has been the case that mostly people are inline with the thoughts and not many really care for the repeated shoving of Seth and Roman as main eventers...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
He deserves NO respect.
I respect anyone who can work the game like this. He got money, the title. and mania main event. Deserves a fucking round of applause. Hate the game, not the player.

and yes, those were puns. imagine hhh seething because this guy he hates is working them out of millions and the title. it's fucking hilarious. props to goldberg.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You don't get it. Funny thing is your argument could be twisted on Goldberg himself. Imagine, when Goldberg was green as fuck and wasn't a big star yet, you basically say it would've been a right decision to put Hogan over him, because Hogan draws more. So, Goldberg would've never been a star in the first place. Or, imagine when Austin was on a rise in 97, you have him beat all the guys in WWF only for Bruno to return and kick his ass. Seems like a good business right?

That's why WWE is in the shits now. What is this "draw" talk again? Wyatt is not a failed experiment by any means, he is LOVED by the fans, he deserved that spot. How many times Goldberg or other people are gonna come back and job the current talent? Doing something that was never done to them when they were young? It's fucking stupid. Yeah, now you'll make more money out of Goldberg vs Reigns, but in the future when there's no Goldberg anymore, fans will turn away, because you've killed everybody on your current roster.

I'm amazed how people think it's a fine idea. Wow.
I hope mcIntyre wins against Lesnar. It wouldnt surprise me if he loses.

They have to stop with 50/50 booking and create legit superstars by booking them strong. Imagine if the fiend would have beat undertaker at WM and beat Goldberg. He would have been a monster. Now he's just another superstar, inferior to the oldtimers.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No idea what the hell this has to do with Goldberg rather than Vince/Creative.

Not to mention Goldberg is a bigger star than Bray ever will be. No way in hell should Wyatt be going over Goldberg. Goldberg looks a million dollars. The Fiend looks like a cartoon character who isn't over at all.

·
Team AEW
2,961 Posts
I hope mcIntyre wins against Lesnar. It wouldnt surprise me if he loses.

They have to stop with 50/50 booking and create legit superstars by booking them strong. Imagine if the fiend would have beat undertaker at WM and beat Goldberg. He would have been a monster. Now he's just another superstar, inferior to the oldtimers.
Yeah, that could've put him over big time.

Instead though, they used Bryan to put him over, which killed Bryan's momentum in the process, and then this. They chose Seth last year to beat Brock, and he didn't deliver as a top guy, pretty much. Because, imo, Seth is a generic dude with little to no charisma, who also has big mouth which turned against him in the end. But with Bray they've had something special, his presence and mic skills are great, his character work is amazing, he makes every gimmick work, he has a special aura all over him. Most of all, he has fans's RESPECT. He could really be a big merch mover and a big time player. Why squander such an opportunity, I won't ever understand this. They are not in a monopoly anymore. Things like these will ultimately be their end. I mean, how long are fans gonna accept this bullshit before they massively turn to the other company?

·
Premium Member
12,342 Posts
Vince will do what he wants. It’s not about what the fans want. We can pop for whoever we want, but if Vince wants Reigns vs Goldberg, he will get it.

We have known this since Zack Ryder days. It’s one of the reasons why WWE is in this shit position it’s in.

and people can talk about how Fiend was a failed experiment, but he is consitently the top seller for merchandise. You cannot attribute the reducing ratings to him, as the ratings have been going down since the attitude era.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
This was done to villainize Goldberg so WWE can finally achieve their 5+ year plan of getting Roman cheered during his coronation moment winning the title at WM36. Roman wouldn't have been accepted by beating Bray.
Well it might backfire as they both might get shit on.

·
Premium Member
10,190 Posts
This was done to villainize Goldberg so WWE can finally achieve their 5+ year plan of getting Roman cheered during his coronation moment winning the title at WM36. Roman wouldn't have been accepted by beating Bray.

I don’t buy that for one second. Roman could have easily been cheered vs Bray. WWE were smart to book him vs Corbin all this time, someone all the smarks hate (even if I skipped every segment they had since January). If they would have had a decent story for why Roman can beat The Fiend but not others it would have been accepted. FFS stop justifying this HORRIBLE and INSULTING decision.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Fiend is possibly the worst gimmick of all time.

Will Goldberg do better business than Wyatt in the Wrestlemania main event?

There lies your answer.

And it isn't all on Wyatt. He has been booked horrifically. As has most of the current roster.

Goldberg is a throwback to when wrestling was hot. My friends know who Goldberg is. They think the Wyatt character is embarrasing garbage. This isn't sesame street.

WWE would be dead without Goldberg, Edge, Taker, Batista, Brock just as AEW would be dead without Jericho.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Tired of the hate Bill getting here, actually Bill indirectly giving you guys advice "quit watching this crap" Vince never liked the Fiend remember how he made him lose his match with Becky's Boyfriend, he just put that secondary title on him to calm the crowds and he succeed now sure hes booking a Roman Reigns vs Bill Goldberg feud.

I hope Bill invades NXT next week and with one spear takes down Ciampa, Matt RIddle and Adam Cole at the same time.

41 - 60 of 157 Posts