Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Shut up cry baby. Both Owens and Wyatt can’t hold a candle to the intensity Goldberg brings to wrestling. Goldberg was on the level of Austin and Rock in his prime, they were the big 3.

Wyatt was never meant to be champion and they pushed themselves into a creative corner by booking him too overly strong that you needed someone like Goldberg to neutralise him much like how he defeated Lesnar who was undefeated from post Streak win. Goldberg winning over Wyatt gives Wyatts character far more freedom than you realise.

Reactions: IronMan8

·
Registered
49 Posts
I doubt this very much... any money this guy had, he would have squandered it years ago.

Why do you think he puts his 53 year old body through these long-haul flights and wrestling at his age? He needs the money bad.
Because his son never seen him wrestle. I don’t agree with him going over but I’m sure that’s why he come back a few years back just for that. It’ll be on Vince and if someone said to me how you fancy pissing a lot of people of but I’ll give you a mil. I’m all in

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
You know what. Honestly. I actually agree. This guy has literally put over NO talent ever. Since debuting in the wwe he has put over the undertaker and lesnar and that's it. No new stars, no up and comers.

Every part timer or legend in the business has at least put over 1 person.

Is it vince? No kidding. Is goldberg dying to put over kevin Owen's and bray wyatt? Lmao yes right.

I hate goldberg

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
My issue is he doesn’t look good in the ring at all. Not to say Goldberg is a ring general or anything when he was at his peak, but if he is going to dominate someone you have built up at least do some clever booking around it as this was like someone else said the Kevin Owens match all over again. I know Bray is a big guy size wise so the jackhammer was never going to be a good idea, but if you have any sense you work around that and do something different. Nope, Bill attempts it and it looks awful. As awful as when he gave himself a concussion last time in the Saudi, or way back when he punched the car window, head butting the locker etc etc. I have no problem with humbling the Fiend and taking away the title as I feel they made a mistake giving him it too soon just to correct the reaction to Seth being awful. On paper Bill makes sense, but in reality how many times do we have to see that he just can not go anymore. I mean his spears looked awful and that‘s not just on Bray doing a no sell job. Reigns/Goldberg has Goldberg/Lesnar vibes from when both left way back when, but hey if it gets Vince and WWE those buys they are going to keep going to the well. The Saudi’s lapped it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This company never changes. Vince needs to GTFO ASAP.

Not only does that screw Bray big time, because he lost the belt 6 weeks before Wrestlemania, he also just lost it without any mystique..
It's still not the biggest F-U, that I've seen. Last year, Asuka was cheated out of her wrestlemania payday when she randomly lost a televised match, 1 week before the showcase of the immortals, and she also lost it without any mystique to it. It pretty much buried her to the point that she just decided to become a youtube star since that's how much WWE wasn't using her.
It's funny how the booking is exactly the same for every single 'superstar' who isn't Vince-approved.

·
rasslin
3,063 Posts
It'll take years for Goldberg to ever get cheers again.

Huge mistake on his part if he wanted to leave wrestling without a crowd shitting on him.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
OP is clearly not very well aware of the wrestling business all that much.

Goldberg the biggest scumbag in wrestling? Are you kidding me? You think Goldberg went to Vince for this match or was it the other way around?

The worst and the biggest scumbag in history of wrestling will always be Chris Benoit followed by Vince McMahon. Goldberg hasn't done half the messed up sh** that Vince, Triple HGH, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Stephanie McMahon, Hogan, Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff and many more have done.

·
Team AEW
2,981 Posts
It's still not the biggest F-U, that I've seen. Last year, Asuka was cheated out of her wrestlemania payday when she randomly lost a televised match, 1 week before the showcase of the immortals, and she also lost it without any mystique to it. It pretty much buried her to the point that she just decided to become a youtube star since that's how much WWE wasn't using her.
It's funny how the booking is exactly the same for every single 'superstar' who isn't Vince-approved.
Not arguing that. Asuka loss to Charlotte was a crime last year, it was pathetic. Vince does this shit all the time, that's why I say he needs to GTFO and "Vince is gonna Vince". You can't trust this guy with booking of any good talent. He's fucking up even his favorites, btw, because the failure of Roman Reigns as a top guy is at least partly Vince's fault.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Not arguing that. Asuka loss to Charlotte was a crime last year, it was pathetic. Vince does this shit all the time, that's why I say he needs to GTFO and "Vince is gonna Vince". You can't trust this guy with booking of any good talent. He's fucking up even his favorites, btw, because the failure of Roman Reigns as a top guy is at least partly Vince's fault.
If you watch the first episode of Ruthless Aggression documentary and listen to what Stone Cold said about how he said "F*ck you" to Vince's idea about put over Lesnar, without buildup,no storyline whatsoever and Vince was think everyone would forget with this match three years later, then you will understand Vince only do care with how to create buzz by make cheap heat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I could understand people being unhappy, but calling him a scumbag seems a bit over the top to me. I didn't like it myself but it is what it is. Plus Goldberg is a bigger name than The Fiend and it make sense that they would put the belt on him to an extent.
I agree the scumbag remark is not necessary.
Goldberg may be the bigger star but by continuing to wheel out the old "retired" stars to squash the new guys it kills any chance of new talent becoming stars.
Where is the incentive for the new guys to give it their all when they know at any minute a "legend" will be booked to run through them?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
This company never changes. Vince needs to GTFO ASAP.

Not only does that screw Bray big time, because he lost the belt 6 weeks before Wrestlemania, he also just lost it without any mystique. Everybody were speculating on what Roman will do at Mania, maybe tear up his mask or something. That just shows they had no plan on how to do it. He just... lost, and that's it. Goldberg vs Roman I guess is a bigger attraction, so what? You want to run with these old timers until they reach Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan level age? Then, who is gonna hog the spotlight after that? Just... great, I mean what else is new. Vince is gonna Vince. If anything, now I'm worried Drew is not winning at Mania. Why even build people up, I mean they've tried with Bray, they are trying with Drew, and both times it works, but in the end they just screw up their own creation?

Goldberg is actually a pretty good speaker. He is far better on the mic than he was 20 years ago. But his time has passed. What the fuck is wrong with this company? In 2003 they refused to push him, but NOW is the time? Fucking Vince, GTFO already and do your XFL bullshit.
Ya that part i clearly dont understand. Goldberg was a hot commodity in 2003..and back then, you used him to put Triple H and his buddies over!!! and now you want to push Goldberg .. The way Vince thinks is astonishing :D

Seriously though, I guess Goldberg wants to be all nice to Vince and all.. But he should have asked Vince to fuck off with his stupid idea like Stone Cold did when he was the top guy being asked to put over a new comer Brock clean with no build whatsoever on a random Raw.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Has Goldberg ever been a heel?

EDIT: Just remembered Great American Bash or whatever it was called. Well he's going to be booed tomorrow so why turn him heel?

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Shut up cry baby. Both Owens and Wyatt can’t hold a candle to the intensity Goldberg brings to wrestling. Goldberg was on the level of Austin and Rock in his prime, they were the big 3.

Wyatt was never meant to be champion and they pushed themselves into a creative corner by booking him too overly strong that you needed someone like Goldberg to neutralise him much like how he defeated Lesnar who was undefeated from post Streak win. Goldberg winning over Wyatt gives Wyatts character far more freedom than you realise.
... This isn't his prime. This is 20 YEARS LATER. He looks old. He looks fantastic FOR HIS AGE... But he's 53.

21 - 40 of 157 Posts